The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I started converting the Chevron B16 to AC. Still have a lot work to do. Here's the first preview.
preview.jpg

Did you guys have any problems with holes in the chassis? How did you solve it?
what kyuubeey said
it's due most likely to normals being flipped
i don't use blender, but you should be able to turn on/off the "back face cull" in order to see the back of the faces or see it transparent

I'm having a go at making my first proper race track to release. The only mod I've ever made was a skin pack for the Clio Williams a couple weeks ago so this is a leap.

Set on an island off the coast of Donegal, Ireland, it's meant to be 60s themed, but then I took an interest in making it an abandoned track. I'll likely do a version that's clean as if it was new too.

Here's the island and the layout. I've been making and finding some textures and things for it. I've made it in RTB and then I'm going to download Blender tonight to polish it up. I'll post some progress pics when I get home. Expect a good mix of elevation changes, twisties and straights, with a crash into the sea if all goes wrong!

I'll likely ask for help as I go along as this is my first time trying, but hey ho :)

Cheers!

Tomo

Attachments

• Logo clean.jpg
    Logo clean.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 135
  • 14593535.jpg
    14593535.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 14593531.jpg
    14593531.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 129
  • a87f3857382e03f04a2953960c18e06b.jpg
    a87f3857382e03f04a2953960c18e06b.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 138
  • Outline.jpg
    Outline.jpg
    486.8 KB · Views: 140
I'm having a go at making my first proper race track to release. The only mod I've ever made was a skin pack for the Clio Williams a couple weeks ago so this is a leap.

Set on an island off the coast of Donegal, Ireland, it's meant to be 60s themed, but then I took an interest in making it an abandoned track. I'll likely do a version that's clean as if it was new too.

Here's the island and the layout. I've been making and finding some textures and things for it. I've made it in RTB and then I'm going to download Blender tonight to polish it up. I'll post some progress pics when I get home. Expect a good mix of elevation changes, twisties and straights, with a crash into the sea if all goes wrong!

I'll likely ask for help as I go along as this is my first time trying, but hey ho :)

Cheers!

Tomo
Good luck on that venture!

Good luck on that venture!

Thank you! I've played about with RTB to try and get it to work before, so I waited til I had at least a rough idea of what I'm doing before broadcasting the idea hahah.

Blender is new to me though. I've used Fusion 360 and 3DS Max a fair bit in uni so I'm hoping that Blender is much the same or at least easy to pick up if you've experience in those. I see there's a lot of support and tutorials for Blender out there so it should be grand!

Thank you! I've played about with RTB to try and get it to work before, so I waited til I had at least a rough idea of what I'm doing before broadcasting the idea hahah.

Blender is new to me though. I've used Fusion 360 and 3DS Max a fair bit in uni so I'm hoping that Blender is much the same or at least easy to pick up if you've experience in those. I see there's a lot of support and tutorials for Blender out there so it should be grand!

You'll definitely be able to lean on your 3DS experience to work with Blender. You'll have to forget basically everything about Fusion 360, though! :D

I've been using Solidworks for some ~14 years, and the workflows and through processes for poly modeling are completely, utterly, different. I've had a hard time coming to grips with it myself, tbh, because the parametric workflow is so ingrained in me now. Progress has been made, though! Lots of practice is needed :)

What are you taking at uni, if I may ask?

Superb! This looks like it could be very interesting indeed. You got my attention with "...60s themed..." :laugh:

Good luck, and keep us posted with your progress please :thumbsup:

Will do! It could be very interesting or woeful. Who knows. ;)

You'll definitely be able to lean on your 3DS experience to work with Blender. You'll have to forget basically everything about Fusion 360, though! :D

I've been using Solidworks for some ~14 years, and the workflows and through processes for poly modeling are completely, utterly, different. I've had a hard time coming to grips with it myself, tbh, because the parametric workflow is so ingrained in me now. Progress has been made, though! Lots of practice is needed :)

What are you taking at uni, if I may ask?

Yeeeah Fusion comes in handy with my 3D printer but I can see how it's probably useless for this sort of thing.

I graduated last July, but I took Creative Technologies, in Derry. Absolutely loved it, introduced me to everything that's come in very handy - 3D printing, 3D modelling, graphic design, etc. It also got me into VR, and convinced me to get a Rift - which is amazing for Assetto and is inspiring me to make stuff! I don't know whether to make a build thread or just post it in here though. Maybe I'll make a build thread and keep it all in there.

Been chipping away at the main pit, GS and infield office for SMSP when I can, including the silly seat colour "pattern" if you could even call it that...recently finished up the tyre walls around the track too...:O_o:...can't remember the exact number of bundles, but it was definitely over 9000...:whistling:
U8KyGr2.jpg
ohhh, didn't know this was still going, I'd love to have a legit SMSP for AC. It's the track of WTAC after all.

Love that grandstand, really well done from what i see. Is the roundness of the seats in the mesh or is it a AT texture?

Latest News

Back