The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Working on a fantasy skin for the new RSS Hybride 2020 mod.

5e5fd82755472-__custom_showroom_1583339193.jpg

WJW8v4q.jpg

I only gave myself one New Year's resolution this year and I figured I should get a start on it.
Make solid front axle suspension happen in CSP.

I don't work well with mismatched physics and model so once the first concrete step was done (CSP supports new suspension modes, although the only extant one is a solid kart style) the next step was build something with a solid axle. It started out ambitious ("I should do a 32 ford roadster", "what about a tractor") but ultimately I do not know what will happen, so I wanted to spend 2-3 days on the model and be not very put out if the physics never happens. The choice became obvious.

The 1979 Ford F150 Ranger 4x4, single cab short bed, driven by Flea in Back to the Future II.

Aside from what I've already done (shorten + lift truck, new front suspension, aftermarket wheels) it has a police pushbar, 10 offroad lights (8 on roll hoop, 2 on pushbar), and the '79 grille. It would definitely be nice to give it some A/T tire texture but I don't especially enjoy making those so meh.

As you can see the first export had a small empty problem but that's been corrected.

6DkLrZO.jpg

ohhh, didn't know this was still going, I'd love to have a legit SMSP for AC. It's the track of WTAC after all.

Love that grandstand, really well done from what i see. Is the roundness of the seats in the mesh or is it a AT texture?

Thanks, its just an AT texture and some solid colours (will get a normal on there)...mesh would be a bit overkill? Or maybe not after doing the tyres...:laugh:

So the final race of this league I want to use it for will be in late April or early May depending on how things go, so It'll be released around then in some form...how complete it'll be at that stage is still a bit up in the air, but it should be reasonably solid...also planning to run there in real life again at the end of April aswell (to get that 1:47 I didnt get by 0.04 last October...damn tyre pressures :mad:)

Been chipping away at the main pit, GS and infield office for SMSP when I can, including the silly seat colour "pattern" if you could even call it that...recently finished up the tyre walls around the track too...:O_o:...can't remember the exact number of bundles, but it was definitely over 9000...:whistling:
U8KyGr2.jpg
That pattern looks so random :roflmao: Makes me want to do some work on Assen, but at the same time makes me cry to even think about doing that.
Winterdijk-Tribune-TT-Assen-lgarchitecten-6-Groot-495x400.png

Looking good, though! Don't forget the bracing, it has no stability right now :p
Just visible on the top left. It might (should, really) also be present in between the columns, but it's so hard to find reference images quickly.
maxresdefault.jpg

That pattern looks so random :roflmao: Makes me want to do some work on Assen, but at the same time makes me cry to even think about doing that.
View attachment 353585

Looking good, though! Don't forget the bracing, it has no stability right now :p
Just visible on the top left. It might (should, really) also be present in between the columns, but it's so hard to find reference images quickly.
View attachment 353584
Yeah, theres still a few elements to get up there, crossbracing is only between the girders at the ends, but the roof battens are still missing at the moment too...I've got plenty of photo reference lol...advantage of doing supersprints is you can wander all through and over the pitlane building and take happy snaps with noone in the way...just need to fit it in between running back to the car for the next session :laugh:

And yes, do more Assen :p

Last edited:
Cars are done. Decided to also make an alternative version of the Volkswagen Motorsport F1 car.

#10 R-Line version
5e6131320c312-__custom_showroom_1583427639.jpg

#11 GTI version
5e6132789f8c2-__custom_showroom_1583427357.jpg

Next up. Helmets and Suits!

Looking good! :thumbsup:

Maybe you could incorporate the new VW logo and new R logo. And the claim 'Das Auto.' isn't used anymore.

Check out the links in the VW newsroom for further info:

Continued the wheel a bit. I've opted to not go for any smoothing and just fill geometry in manually. Still looks a bit ugly due to of course being un-welded.

Also been remodeling a large part of the 106 interior for the past few days to give Daniel a break. It's a hell of a job, but it's worth it in the end. I've learned a shitton up to now.

19.PNG

Looking good! :thumbsup:

Maybe you could incorporate the new VW logo and new R logo. And the claim 'Das Auto.' isn't used anymore.

Check out the links in the VW newsroom for further info:

Thank you formulaHEINE for the input. I would like to know what you think of the new VW logo and the 'R'

5e619f4e692f8-__custom_showroom_1583455973.jpg

Did this a bit more. Turns out I kind of need to use edge split if I want it to look at all right. Now just to correct the wrong forms.

20.PNG

wheel3.PNG

EDIT: Next to Rallye wheel for comparison. Pretty slapdashed and scaled up because the whole thing was a bit too small. Lip is bigger than I expect.

Last edited:
9DTdNPy.jpg

Solid progress on the axle thing
- hubs attached directly to chassis by pivots
- red lines just show where the hubs actually are
- white line is a tie rod connecting the 2 hubs
- yellow line is the only steering link
Now I need to add more physics objects (ie. the solid axle) and springs/dampers so it's actually a beam axle.

Although as it stands it's already a serviceable gokart suspension...

Last edited:

Latest News

Back