The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

• Deleted member 223075

Mostly finished
bti1.jpg

Ever wanted to drive a highlighter? No? Well now you can anyways. The #78 RPM Racing (Krohn Racing raced as part of RPM Racing that season) has been added as well some other tweaks to the VLN 2019 Porsche GT3 Cup Skinpack. Go get it here on RaceDepartment NOW!
rd_01.jpg

Thank you for your advice!
also regarding incooperating the needed Empty structure, easier to do earlier. I made the error to build my first car for a long time without testing it ingame (I had a different car I build the physics on), then had to split objects, change materials/textures (had way too many) and so on

pQMo0jQ.jpg

Pretty solid transmission now, just needs a bunch of fittings for whatever.

p7VoQS7.jpg

Not planning to make the hood removable, but, if it was...
If you find the need for a lower poly engine block (sans trans-axle and sump, intake easily neutered) to fill the void, I can offer you this from the Chaparral 2 I started, uh, a rather long while ago, as it were...in .dwg format at the momento...
chap2_chev8_v8.png

Thanks for the offer but I actually just made a very similar engine block (with an arbitrarily shaped sump, as all I can tell on the car is the bottom is flat). To help ensure this project actually gets done I'm only modeling stuff that can be seen from outside the car, so the engine, headers, etc. will mostly just be block shapes.
6ojeagL.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer but I actually just made a very similar engine block (with an arbitrarily shaped sump, as all I can tell on the car is the bottom is flat). To help ensure this project actually gets done I'm only modeling stuff that can be seen from outside the car, so the engine, headers, etc. will mostly just be block shapes.
6ojeagL.png
Lookin' wicked smaaht!

Guys, anyone interested in convert a Special Stage Route 5 from Re-Volt game?

Guys, anyone interested in convert a Special Stage Route 5 from Re-Volt game?

Absolutely! SSR5 is one of my favourite tracks from Gran Turismo.

Built the rear upright and did a test bake to see where things are at better. I think I need to include a floor plane in my bakes though as it kinda looks under-lit the way it is. It did really bring out the detail in the frame (blue) though.
nqQuech.jpg

Workflow for baking in Blender 2.80 is still needlessly complicated but at least I know why it's going wrong sometimes so, that's progress. Major annoyance is that it treats the windshield as completely opaque in AO, I have to hide that object entirely when baking. Not sure why, since the dzus and rivets use an alpha blended material and they work fine.

Also baking at 4x intended resolution now cause Cycles is incredibly noisy in dark AO areas. I think that amounts to 2048 samples per pixel when blender 2.79 only needed 16.

Latest News

Back