The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

The #81 Huber Motorsport Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car from the 2019 VLN season is available for download here on RaceDepartment NOW!
preview (1).jpg
rd-02_smol.png

Last edited:
I think, the outside of the car is done. I only have to make the inside of the Chevron.
Day x+2 progress:
dayx+2.png

What do you think about it?

I would have some questions about doors animation
  • how long is it?
  • do I need an empty for it?

I think, the outside of the car is done. I only have to make the inside of the Chevron.
Day x+2 progress:
View attachment 350118

I would have some questions about doors animation
  • how long is it?
  • do I need an empty for it?
For me that would be a very early model stage that I may use for first tests in AC. Did you start making UV maps yet?
Door animation would work with just mesh objects being key framed, but empties make it much easier imo.

For me that would be a very early model stage that I may use for first tests in AC. Did you start making UV maps yet?
Door animation would work with just mesh objects being key framed, but empties make it much easier imo.
Thank you for your answer.
No, I didn't make any UV maps.

After some good progress about Lidar and Blender basics i decided to try to finish an old RTB project. :D

It's a kart track that i begun in mid 2017.

3.jpg

The Clubhouse and surrounding workshop/pit area is missing, outter field terrain is also not perfect yet, but the track is complete, has an Ai Line, Cam, Hotlap, 16 Pits.
Next step modelling missing assets, (replace existing?) fix/smooth some meshes, test other textures and fine tuning in kunos editor where my knowledge is also limited... i want to share it someday but i feel it's not ready yet... :)

Edit: grass texture is from https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/roads_n_terrain_pack1.30625/ :thumbsup:;)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    881.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    997.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    919.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    893.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    906.1 KB · Views: 90
I4ZPVDP.png

CRkGyvy.png

Almost unrecognizable but the rearlight textures are now transparent. Figured this out while redoing the rear quarter panel as evident by the gaping hole behind the rear wheel. Good news: no subdivision and no seams with this body in the current state.

Also fixed the rocker panel and jack points as well as the inside wheel arches but not finished yet.

wiXdKBX.png

6RiyXt4.png

I'm unable to manipulate the degree of transparency in Blender Cycles Viewport/Render. Editing the channel in PS or changing z transparency or Alpha in Blender all do nothing at all.

I figure that I can edit this in KSEditor and do the rest in game with Ilja's reflection/refraction FX - can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:
Dang! Short question: Could you imagine making a racing version down the line?
A couple of E31 race cars exist in real life and they're amazing.

There's one in NZ and one in Germany - both with very sketchy data availability and both powered by the M62 V8 in a stripped chassis. Honestly, it is unlikely.

The 'M8' will definitely be made - maybe I'll do an early 2000s GT1/2 variant as it is a large, heavy grand tourer with a very large and heavy V12 (S70B56) with upwards of 600hp that would have fit nicely into the FIA-GT.

I'm unable to manipulate the degree of transparency in Blender Cycles Viewport/Render. Editing the channel in PS or changing z transparency or Alpha in Blender all do nothing at all.

I figure that I can edit this in KSEditor and do the rest in game with Ilja's reflection/refraction FX - can anyone confirm this?
Ingame is 100% based on textures & kseditor settings, no relation to Blender, yes.

MXJ7WAv.jpg

Took my own advice and made the plexiglass about 5mm thick. Seems ok, still a bit more I can tweak appearance-wise. Gotta apply the mirror modifier before I do the driver bubble so I'm trying to make things good to go first.

Last edited:

Apologies if you know this already but you can get rid of that faceted look by turning on Smooth Shading and Auto-Smooth. Took me an embarrassingly long time to figure this out when I first started learning Blender because none of the tutorials I watched said a thing about it and I couldn't understand why everyone's models looked so much smoother than mine :confused:.

Little vid that covers it for 2.79 & 2.8:

Ingame is 100% based on textures & kseditor settings, no relation to Blender, yes.

MXJ7WAv.jpg

Took my own advice and made the plexiglass about 5mm thick. Seems ok, still a bit more I can tweak appearance-wise. Gotta apply the mirror modifier before I do the driver bubble so I'm trying to make things good to go first.

Looks totally rad! So vintage and at the same time so futuristic, also like the seemingly long wheelbase even though it's probably super short :).

Apologies if you know this already but you can get rid of that faceted look by turning on Smooth Shading and Auto-Smooth. Took me an embarrassingly long time to figure this out when I first started learning Blender because none of the tutorials I watched said a thing about it and I couldn't understand why everyone's models looked so much smoother than mine :confused:.

Little vid that covers it for 2.79 & 2.8:
Thank you very much! I din't hear about smooth shading before, so you helped a lot. Thanks again!

Latest News

Back