The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Been feeling pretty ill recently so haven't really given much time to the cortina. Fired up blender this morning though and started some work on the front end. Definitely going to redo the front window chrome and rubber as it's way too thick.
View attachment 348426

What is everyone's thought on the grill choice? I have gone pre-airflow because I think the lines look cleaner. The airflow model has a different interior, so once I've finalized the front I'm locked into that variant.
View attachment 348427
I'd say either pick the most common one, pick the one you like the most or pick the one which has the best reference images available for it.

I hope it's okay for me to use this thread for these, but here are some WIP shots for the new Solstice update:
acs20200204225750w1jnw.png

acs20200204230108trjh2.png

acs20200204233647mukix.png
acs20200204234054lskur.png
acs2020020600431850jql.png
acs20200206004533dmj16.png

I originally wanted to use these as preview pics but I couldn't stop tweaking (I have a problem).

I was gonna write "I don't know why after several mods, I'm still picking cars with visible carburetors" but well, you just have to look at it to see it's a cool car. Even if 1/4 of the triangles atm are in one square foot behind the driver's head.

N0iu3Kf.jpg

Gonna contrast up a lot once it has AO on it of course. The intake runners are hard enough to see; anything below this is probably gonna get the "mysterious black brick" treatment.

I came across this description of Solitude in an archived version of Motorsport magazine, makes a pretty good read:

I've been using a very neutral response PP filter, color pops a bit more with one of the more photographic ones.

6Tf9ePz.jpg

YtY1mEZ.jpg

Their main problem is they really lose all details on the plain white skin. Can't expose properly or something.

Top and bottom edges of the firewall are all sealed in, vintage-spec roll bar in position (modern one is 20+cm taller and has bracing backwards to the chassis, probably will be available in some fashion)

Latest News

Back