AC Test event 24h time multiplier@LeMans, Tue 14th June 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
This one was definitely more of a learning experience for me, I'm slow enough in more approachable cars so behind the wheel of this beast I had some really hairy moments.

I was running 13 on the rear wing, which cost me anywhere between 20-40KPH on the Mulsanne, but it was the only way I could keep the thing facing the right way on some exits. In the opening laps I was practically glued to Colin's rear bumper on the straight, but lost all momentum moving out of the slipstream, so I just kind of yo-yoed in and out of the tow :roflmao: What followed was some incredible wheel-to-wheel action which I ultimately ruined - I tried too hard to leave enough space and ran wide into the sausage kerbs on T3, leaving my unsettled car to clatter into Colin's rear axle. Apologies again for my dunce move Colin and thanks for some great racing.

My plan was to run two stints of 40 and 20 minutes, hoping to steal some tow early on, overcut on lower fuel, and possibly throw on some softer tyres for the last dash. My race at this point was with Karel and potentially Colin if I could catch up, so my fading hards were replaced with fresh mediums with about 4 laps to go. Colin didn't seem to pit so I set about closing the gap, which destroyed my rears pretty quickly and wrecked my fuel management.

I was on fumes and asked on the voice channel if the leaders were on the last lap - an unwelcome distraction which caused Han to lose it through the Dunlops (sorry Han!) In the final sector I slowed to a crawl to get myself lapped because if I passed the line ahead of the leaders, I'd have run out of fuel on the 'extra' lap :p

Thanks again for organising this Han and for giving the 24 hour thing a good go.

I'll wait for @Fat-Alfie to release Battenbergring and then I hope I can get it on S.GP shortly after.
But I haven't made up my mind for the vintage car championship:
  • Ferrari 330P4/Ford GT40/Porsche 908LH
  • Group C cars
  • Ferrari 250GTO/TVR Griffith
Some feedback on your preferences would help a lot.
The first 2 groups are great, in my opinion. One championship with every group would be great too :)
On the other hand, I'm not fan of Ferrari 250GTO, as it looks to me very heavy for turning.
Besides the cars, if it were possible, I would remove the worst GP for every driver, since some people will miss one GP or have weird issues. I believe that would make the leagues tighter and fairer. And more important: those unlucky drivers would not miss motivation so easy.

Last edited:
I was on fumes and asked on the voice channel if the leaders were on the last lap - an unwelcome distraction which caused Han to lose it through the Dunlops (sorry Han!) In the final sector I slowed to a crawl to get myself lapped because if I passed the line ahead of the leaders, I'd have run out of fuel on the 'extra' lap
I get a message

"Leader is on final lap"

no idea if its AC, CSP or CM :O_o:

MFG Carsten

I was on fumes and asked on the voice channel if the leaders were on the last lap - an unwelcome distraction which caused Han to lose it through the Dunlops (sorry Han!) In the final sector I slowed to a crawl to get myself lapped because if I passed the line ahead of the leaders, I'd have run out of fuel on the 'extra' lap :p

I get a message

"Leader is on final lap"

no idea if its AC, CSP or CM :O_o:

MFG Carsten

Or, if you haven't already, install Crew Chief and he'll tell you. I have the bad language option turned on and enjoy the verbal abuse he gives me occasionally :)

I don't think cm or csp change or add anything about this.
You have the time at the top/center of the monitor and when it goes to 0, you'll see if the leaders are on the final lap and a bit later if you are on your final lap.

However:
If the lap time is 3 minutes and there are 2 minutes left while the leader is 30 seconds into his lap, the "leader is on final lap" information will only come when the 2 minutes run out.
Also: I don't know the equation but if the leader crosses the lines with 10 seconds left while you are 2 minutes away from the line, you will first see "leader is on final lap" after the 10 seconds and then after about 1 minute, it will change to "final lap".

I don't know how far behind you have to be to do one lap less than the leader though.

And I don't think crewchief, although it does brilliant things, knows this either...

So asking the leader makes sense on a longer track like Le Mans I'd guess, since the leader will know how long he'll need until the line and how much time is left.

Yeah I have CrewChief (with swearing enabled of course) and it's easy enough to check the top clock, but I'm always a little paranoid that it might end up as time +1 lap - that caught me out in the MCMC a few weeks ago and I had to pit for fuel on the final lap :p

Also I tend to lose CrewChief updates at some point, possibly due to me telling Jim to shut up after he starts complaining :roflmao: Crucially I just had to make sure I got lapped right at the end in this race so that I finished a lap down for fuel reasons.

Last edited:
If you have Map Display then you can see all cars on the whole track and can see how close the leader is to the start line
Since you mentioned Map Display, I always found it hard to actually see where the leader is, especially in multi class, so I've customized that app to display Circles with the Position instead of the arrows. I've also customized SubStandings, if someone is using that (to have more accurate timing and a real relative, like the "Realtime" app, but more accurate (doesn't fluctuate in slow speed parts of the track) and better looking). And both color schemes were aligned as well (except for the leader color).
Will get in touch with the Authors to see if they allow me to publish the edits.
map_display_customized.png
substanding_customized.png

Last edited:
Since you mentioned Map Display, I always found it hard to actually see where the leader is, especially in multi class, so I've customized that app to display Circles with the Position instead of the arrows. I've also customized SubStandings (to have more accurate timing and a real relative, like the "Realtime" app, but more accurate (doesn't fluctuate in slow speed parts of the track) and better looking), if someone is using that. And both color schemes were aligned as well (except for the leader color).
Will get in touch with the Authors to see if they allow me to publish the edits.
View attachment 576129View attachment 576130
Sounds awesome!
Would be cool if the authors would either implement and update their uploads or allow you to upload them (maybe as extension where only a few files are overwritten).

Latest News

Back