AC Test event 24h time multiplier@LeMans, Tue 14th June 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Setup-wise, I've had most of my success taming this car with this Monza setup that someone posted a while back:

My setup started with this and I've only made minor adjustments to the aero and ARBs, and even though it's still ready to kill you at any second, it is much more bearable than the default.
Not really sure how that works.. can i upload a setup somewhere? I would like to try it out!

FYI @HF2000 , also for me no changes in the weather. Just a orange glow due to sundown.

Not really sure how that works.. can i upload a setup somewhere? I would like to try it out!
Click on the link to download the setup file.
Copy it in your setup map, something like this:
D:\Users\Han\Documents\Assetto Corsa\setups\ks_mazda_787b\lemans_2017

Now when you join the server, you will see the setup on the setup tab.

I really hope for this to work :thumbsup:

I just did an AI Multiclass on Nordschleife Endurance and the drive into the night was gloriuos.

Especially as the mod captures the flair of the campgrounds around the track, it looks very good, almost as in the 24h race I personally visited.

Or as Frank Stippler put it:

"when you dive down into Brünnchen you think you can smell the Bratwurst."

Have fun guys, good luck on the time warp Carsten

Setup-wise, I've had most of my success taming this car with this Monza setup that someone posted a while back:

My setup started with this and I've only made minor adjustments to the aero and ARBs, and even though it's still ready to kill you at any second, it is much more bearable than the default.
Thanks for the setup link, I could not practice any more than 10 minutes so far, so let's see how fast I'll be up and running (into the wall) this evening :laugh:

Last edited:
First off, third place feels a little bit illegal.
I figured a full tank would be more than enough. At the finish I had 0.6 liters left.
And the last lap I drove slowly in 5th gear.
Until then, a great event. Great car :thumbsup:

By the way. Should this be a day-night-day race? For me it was just day and sunset.

Same for me, just day. I had SOL and CSP enabled, last Sunday with these settings I drove in night conditions.

It's been a pleasure to be back with you. A shame setup was so important and also that in the first lap I ate a car which was comoletely still. I had done a great start but I would have been losing positions along the long straight, anyway. Some cars took me 1.5 seconds on the straight :D

I hope to drive again on next Tuesday. All the best

Last edited:
Well it wasn't 24hr, but sunset at Le Mans in the 787 looked and sounded great :inlove: +1 for more group C :)

Just took the RSS GT cars out on the Sunday server for a quick go and despite those cars being tail happy, they feel like their glued to the ground after an hour in the mazda :D

Fun test Han, happy to be a test subject again in the future :geek:

First off, third place feels a little bit illegal.
I figured a full tank would be more than enough. At the finish I had 0.6 liters left.
And the last lap I drove slowly in 5th gear.
Until then, a great event. Great car :thumbsup:

By the way. Should this be a day-night-day race? For me it was just day and sunset.
How did you manage the fuel? I started the last lap with roughly 0.65 laps of fuel left. So I was really sailing on the straights, and lost 40s that round. So I guess more than the pit stop for 5 litres would have been.

For the race, overqualified again. Had a nice PB (second valid lap I ever finished) in qualifying with a 3:33.1 or something. So backwards it was for the race. Was worried about wheelspin in first gear, so took it really slow, catching someone by surprise behind me. Then i was slightly tapped into T1, lost 2 places, another 2 similarly into Mulsanne after I was pushed wide. Both just slight bumps, but unlucky. Ended lap one with a spin out of the last chicane just to be last over the line.

Afterwards I had an attempt to kill Karel (really sorry about that :notworthy:) into Indianapolis after a lockup of mine. A few laps later after Karel got the job done all by himself, I could lose the group of cars behind me and was consistently lapping 20s behind Robert. Then he made a stop, I did not. So he was behind me roughly 18s at the start and then less and less. Went well until the very last lap, as mentioned above. So I was last over the line after at least a year of extreme fuel saving.

Was definitely fun, I actively decided to not pit and test how well my fuel saving techniques are (knowing very well 3 laps before the end of the race with 2.45 laps worth of fuel left, that it's most likely not possible).

Hope that it's possible in the future to use WeatherFX on the server side to get smooth time transitions and night support :)

Last edited:
Afterwards I had an attempt to kill Karel (really sorry about that :notworthy:) into Indianapolis after a lockup of mine. A few laps later after Karel got the job done all by himself,
Oh. i did to much mistakes anyway so it didnt matter so much :) and was knocked out already at the start too..

If everyone has the right version of SOL, and the server (and your pc can handle it! I'm not a techy person!), the 'transition' races are a whole new experience, just fantastic:inlove: Watching with interest :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hands up all those who only fuelled for 45 minutes as that what the race time was listed as in the first forum post and didn’t look at the race time on the server.........................only me then!!!! :redface::redface::redface:(Note to self.... look at the race time when in the server next time) Doh!:rolleyes:
But it didn’t make much difference as most others had to stop but for probably for a lot less fuel then me.
I got a start that Fernando Alonso would have been proud of, P9 to P4 by the time the Dunlop bridge had disappeared.

But a lack of top speed ( I went for a safer option and more downforce through the turns) had me at the mercy of those I had jumped at the start by the time the Mulsanne corner came into view. A couple of laps battling with Tudor was a highlight and all in all it was an enjoyable evening and after all it was only a test.
It’s a pity it didn’t get fully dark, image the fun we would have had trying to find braking points after all that slipstreaming.
Well done to the podium and thanks for setting this up Han, great cars and loads of fun.

I'm sorry for the 45 minutes listing in the thread.

I had a good qually with 2nd as result but I had my gear setting for using 1st in the slow turns and that was a very bad setting for the start. Even before Dunnlop I was 9th. A lot happened and when it got stabilized I was 5th behind a troika of Thomas, Laurent and Hank. As they gave eachother a slipstream, the gap grew on the straights so I could get closer. My pitstop strategy was to come in after 13 laps, refuel with 17 liter and change tyres from hard to medium. My idea was that the guys who didn't change tyres would be significant slower on worn hards. As it turned out that wasn't really the case. After his pitstop Thomas came just in front of me on track and we had a slipstream battle on Mulsanne straight and again in the next lap. But then we hit eachother and I did 3 or 4 360s before I came to a halt in the wrong direction. I haven't seen the replay but Thomas apologized and waited for me so he apparently thinks that is was his fault.
Anyway, that costed me about 22s and I could forget about catching up with Hank.
When ln lap 17 I got a bit distracted by answering a question I went of in Dunlop and Thomas and Tudor could profit. So 6th in the end after an exhausting race. These cars are a handful when driven with low wings.

Sorry that the day/night didn't work. I guess that some things need to be present and activated on the S.GP server.
Thanks everyone for joining tonight and congrats to the podium.

I'm sorry for the 45 minutes listing in the thread.

I had a good qually with 2nd as result but I had my gear setting for using 1st in the slow turns and that was a very bad setting for the start. Even before Dunnlop I was 9th. A lot happened and when it got stabilized I was 5th behind a troika of Thomas, Laurent and Hank. As they gave eachother a slipstream, the gap grew on the straights so I could get closer. My pitstop strategy was to come in after 13 laps, refuel with 17 liter and change tyres from hard to medium. My idea was that the guys who didn't change tyres would be significant slower on worn hards. As it turned out that wasn't really the case. After his pitstop Thomas came just in front of me on track and we had a slipstream battle on Mulsanne straight and again in the next lap. But then we hit eachother and I did 3 or 4 360s before I came to a halt in the wrong direction. I haven't seen the replay but Thomas apologized and waited for me so he apparently thinks that is was his fault.
Anyway, that costed me about 22s and I could forget about catching up with Hank.
When ln lap 17 I got a bit distracted by answering a question I went of in Dunlop and Thomas and Tudor could profit. So 6th in the end after an exhausting race. These cars are a handful when driven with low wings.

Sorry that the day/night didn't work. I guess that some things need to be present and activated on the S.GP server.
Thanks everyone for joining tonight and congrats to the podium.
No need to apologize Han, it was fun and maybe one day the day/night transition can be used.

Take a listen to this....turn up your volume!!

Hands up all those who only fuelled for 45 minutes as that what the race time was listed as in the first forum post and didn’t look at the race time on the server.........................only me then!!!! :redface::redface::redface:(Note to self.... look at the race time when in the server next time) Doh!:rolleyes:
But it didn’t make much difference as most others had to stop but for probably for a lot less fuel then me.
I got a start that Fernando Alonso would have been proud of, P9 to P4 by the time the Dunlop bridge had disappeared.

But a lack of top speed ( I went for a safer option and more downforce through the turns) had me at the mercy of those I had jumped at the start by the time the Mulsanne corner came into view. A couple of laps battling with Tudor was a highlight and all in all it was an enjoyable evening and after all it was only a test.
It’s a pity it didn’t get fully dark, image the fun we would have had trying to find braking points after all that slipstreaming.
Well done to the podium and thanks for setting this up Han, great cars and loads of fun.
My hands up Paul!

I couldn't believe as the race started and I realised I was 27 litres short for a 60 minute race and thought I was going to be a hd only pit stopper!

Hence was very relieved when I saw others coming in around half distance. Despite my strategy being forced and setup down the thankfully long straight, my 'free' switch to sorts for the last 4 laps actually felt pretty optimum, while it might have been if I hadn't be running too much wing, lol!

Great fun though and Han keep trying on the day/night as would be fabulous if we could manage to get it working. My thoughts/suggestions without a server upgrade is starting at either 18:01 (after freeze time we saw) or 06:00 (with 12x time for full day).

Latest News

Back