AC Test event 24h time multiplier@LeMans, Tue 14th June 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Oooh man, what a race..

Right before qualifying I tried making too many setup changes that didn't work.. that meant I didn't get a single valid lap in and started down in 13th. Start was good and made up 7 places in half a lap due to the opening lap mayhem in front. From there I was able to start catching the cars in front who got away already. I had quite a bit of top speed (rear 5 I think), enough to hold Hank off once I passed him, and much more than Thomas. So once I was in front of Thomas I tried saving fuel a bit managing the gap to him. But that wasn't going to be enough. When he pitted I had about an 8 second gap to Hank and started saving more fuel each lap. Just enough to push on the last lap when Allan had gotten within a second of me. This was going to be really tricky as my tires were quite cold and worn while he had new boots on I presume. It worked out until I got to the Porsche curves. I didn't have the grip and had to correct and went slightly into the sand.. I was gutted because I thought I was going to make it. I just missed a little bit of grip, went in a bit too hard.. The instant I crossed the line my fuel reached 0 :) This was a good test for my fuel calc app. It did jump between thinking the race would be one more lap and not, something I need to look into. But it gave me a clear view of how much more I needed to save so I could do that spread out over many laps.

How much fuel you had to save is really down to your setup and driving style. Going higher into the revs with low wing burns more fuel too. I had to save enough for more then 1/5th lap.

Well done to Allan who went for a different strategy, it was nice to see both our strategies came together on the final lap.

Too bad the day/night cycle didn't work. I love the atmosphere it creates and would very much like to race in AC in these conditions! So thanks for trying Han, we'll get there.

More group C indeed!

I'm sorry for the 45 minutes listing in the thread.

I had a good qually with 2nd as result but I had my gear setting for using 1st in the slow turns and that was a very bad setting for the start. Even before Dunnlop I was 9th. A lot happened and when it got stabilized I was 5th behind a troika of Thomas, Laurent and Hank. As they gave eachother a slipstream, the gap grew on the straights so I could get closer. My pitstop strategy was to come in after 13 laps, refuel with 17 liter and change tyres from hard to medium. My idea was that the guys who didn't change tyres would be significant slower on worn hards. As it turned out that wasn't really the case. After his pitstop Thomas came just in front of me on track and we had a slipstream battle on Mulsanne straight and again in the next lap. But then we hit eachother and I did 3 or 4 360s before I came to a halt in the wrong direction. I haven't seen the replay but Thomas apologized and waited for me so he apparently thinks that is was his fault.
Anyway, that costed me about 22s and I could forget about catching up with Hank.
When ln lap 17 I got a bit distracted by answering a question I went of in Dunlop and Thomas and Tudor could profit. So 6th in the end after an exhausting race. These cars are a handful when driven with low wings.

Sorry that the day/night didn't work. I guess that some things need to be present and activated on the S.GP server.
Thanks everyone for joining tonight and congrats to the podium.
Some time shifting was taking place but it just stopped at 18:00. Wonder if we'd started at 18:01 it would have shifted the full 24hr and stopped at 18:00. I'll can test it if you update the server.

Some time shifting was taking place but it just stopped at 18:00. Wonder if we'd started at 18:01 it would have shifted the full 24hr and stopped at 18:00. I'll can test it if you update the server.
AC server manager doesn't let me select a starting time after 18.00.

Another great race :)

Had my usual tardy start and lost a lot of places but was then able to pick my way through a couple of other's mishaps before entering Mulsanne in tenth. I knew I'd have to save fuel if I was going to avoid pitting and so got on it straight away. By mid race I realised it wasn't going to be enough which meant I could now push harder. Thanks btw to Laurent's app.... I use it all the time in my setups and in race :cool: I eventually pitted for fuel and medium tyres which gave me good pace for the remaining few laps and was more than happy and a little surprised to finish fifth.

Had some very nice battles along the way particularly with Thomas and Paul. At one point Thomas accidently clipped my back end while drafting me down Mulsanne sending me into a massive 200 mph tank slapper.....my life flashed before me lol. I must have somehow stumbled upon a decent setup because even with the rear wing at 6 the car felt pretty stable.

Thanks for organising, a shame the time acceleration didn't work.... maybe another time.

So if I can´t handle a knife I should try a gun first??

Doesn´t make sense to me :cautious:

MFG Carsten
Don't apply your western European logic. You need some US of A logic to make sense of that! :speechless: :laugh:

@HF2000 If you want to do some testing with the practice servers, drop me a pm.
I won't have time for such a project until about the 18th July but then I'd like to figure things out together!

About this in general:
Time multiplier was always there for AC. It simply let you start in the morning and end in the sunset. But as you all experienced, it's 8am-6pm only.
CSP, Sol and weather fx actually don't really change this. They are basically just let the sun rise again as a fake-moon with different lighting shaders and post processing filter.
Pretty amazing that it looks better than some night lighting in other games!!

Anyway, the server needs to be able to call for the scripts on the clients' sides and that's quite complicated.

S.GP right now only does the basics. On AC servers, as you know, you have 2 files. One for the server settings and one for the cars/players entries.

What SGP does is just some basic text editing via a browser interface.
I couldn't do it but if you know the basics about scripting it's super easy.
However they at least implemented the function of putting the steam-ID in the entry list so you can choose car & skin.
The downside is that the server won't have additional cars for spontaneous joining.
You could actually script to always fill the entry list with an even amount of cars but even that isn't implemented...
(Chris did this btw with his Skin-Selecting-Thread).

What I want to say:
For SGP to use day/night transition scripts, you would need to build a browser interface and the scripting that sets it up.
And I guess that's way more complex than creating what's already there.
(or rather what's currently there isn't complicated at all if you're a programmer...).

BUT:
The AC community isn't becoming smaller at all from what I see. A small part went to ACC and to ams2 but overall, it seems that the community grew in general instead of the AC community becoming smaller.
So in my opinion, AC will stay active for years coming and at some point SGP will have to implement day/night cycles for AC.

So if we could get green light for messing with the practice servers, it would be a start and maybe RD would be able to provide a "how to" for the SGP people so that they'd only need to "write down" the interface build instead of figuring out how to get things running first.

Maybe I should've written this in a PM but some "public pressuring" for these features might work better :p

Last edited:
That was a super fun test race,quite a few different tactics which seemed to work for a few,for me it was slightly different lol..I,ve raced these bad boys quite a bit so i should have known about the fuelling but alas i forgot...I set about a split 50/50 pitstop..55 litres of fuel hard tyres both sets,my reason,my set up i totally change rear toe/camber which gives a better turn,stability but increases heat and wear....Got up to a 47 sec lead which i thought would be enough to come out in front even if no one else pitted,how wrong was i...Sat there watching tyres change i thought yes,putting fuel in....tall about been SLOW,so Laurent,passes then Hank,then Han,jeez im spitting feathers,only consloation,i,ve new boots on.Reeled Han and Hank in,2 laps to go im behind Laurent and by the last lap im 1 sec behind pushing hoping he over drives the car or make a mistake,which at the Porsche curves it happend..From my view it looked like his rears just gave way,he tried correcting but fronts were worn and he hit the gravel,i passed which gave me the win,defo would have been a close call if he had,nt run wide....Shame night time did,nt come about outcome could have been totally different..Well done to all, these cars do take it out of you.Han another great combo,hope there are more,till next time guys,stay safe.....

How about a championship with Group C cars on Fat-Alfie's tracks after Battenbergring is released? We had a great race once on Feldbergring with Ernie in the longtail doing 350+ on the straight!
All of his tracks have long full throttle sectors for the longtail and the Merc and curvy parts for the 787 and the shorttail. You need more downforce on those tracks compared to LeMans so that will make the 787 also less tricky.
It will be interesting which choices participants will make as they have to choose a car for 6 races.

Last edited:
How about a championship with Group C cars on Fat-Alfie's tracks after Battenbergring is released? We had a great race once on Feldbergring with Ernie in the longtail doing 350+ on the straight!
All of his tracks have long full throttle sectors for the longtail and the Merc and curvy parts for the 787 and the shorttail. You need more downforce on those tracks compared to LeMans so that will make the 787 also less tricky.
It will be interesting which choices participants will make as they have to choose a car for 6 races.
Yes, please! When do you expect it to start? September?

Yes, please! When do you expect it to start? September?
I'll wait for @Fat-Alfie to release Battenbergring and then I hope I can get it on S.GP shortly after.
But I haven't made up my mind for the vintage car championship:
  • Ferrari 330P4/Ford GT40/Porsche 908LH
  • Group C cars
  • Ferrari 250GTO/TVR Griffith
Some feedback on your preferences would help a lot.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back