Test Drive Unlimited 2

Doesnt appear to be any FFB, and the wheel support is pretty bad, deadzone is and input lag are an issue and in general it doesnt seem well setup for a steering wheel, physics make codemasters games seem like the best simulation you ever drove. This is a game designed to be played with keyboard arrows and xbox control pads. I'm quite disapointed, its just TDU1 with more bugs/issues and a weaker car list.

There is no FFB with a G25, only basic center spring resistance and canned vibration effects if you drive in rough terrain and thus. I just gave up and used my gamepad instead, the cars are much easier to control with a pad aswell.

A racing game with no wheel support, what the hell were they thinking?

It's good playable with a G27. Rotation at 540 degrees and do not allow the game to adjust setting. I will post my complete settings and in game settings in the evening

I messed around some more and just can't get my wheel to work properly, its like the game only registers a small ammount of positions for each direction so the steering is really sharp and twitchy or with sensitivity set the other direction it is the opposite. I had some fun with the game using a PS3 pad plugged into my pc, though it has to be said the driving in this game has not improved from the last version i owned Test Drive 5 from 1998.

It's much like a GTA meets The Sims or almost like an expansion pack of the original TDU. Now people have said that the original TDU worked well with a wheel, so i would like to believe that this new version can, but it has beaten me in trying to achieve this.

It's much like a GTA meets The Sims or almost like an expansion pack of the original TDU. Now people have said that the original TDU worked well with a wheel, so i would like to believe that this new version can, but it has beaten me in trying to achieve this.

I somehow found a sweet spot, and I am enjoying it now :). But don't have a G2x yet.
Glad to hear that it can work, I've been trying to pick one up for weeks now...

I've been reading up on the official TDU forums and it seems the devs are aware of the problem and it will get sorted with an upcoming patch. So please be patient... in the meanwhile I am with GK on the settings. 540 degrees rotation seems to be the 'hotspot'. I've got the overall FFB in the windows profiler set to 100% with spring and damper effects to 60% (not sure about these values though). I've got the centering spring enabled but the slider is at 0%. Do not let the game adjust those settings. Ingame I have FFB at medium, steering sensitivity at 25%(roughly) and both the speed effect and damping set to 0. I find these settings relatively nice but please Eden devs, gimme some real FFB!!!!

Hack Downloads.

Please DO NOT post any downloads that hack into the TDU2 core, this encludes money hacks, speed and timer hacks, and other things that alter the basic structure. All posts will be removed and further action may be taken.

Thankyou

As people have mentioned previously though. TDU1 was ace - no it was not sim like rF, Evo and the likes but it felt good to drive. I just don't understand how they can mess it up so bad. I am really dissapointed after all this development the game is ruined by bad wheel support that was quite clearly flagged up in BETA tests a good 3 Months ago...

Friends List

Might aswell make this since Club section is still being fixed by Eden.

So we might aswell add to the friends list till Clubs are reopened.

(Moderators can edit as wished)

My Game Username and which Platform i'm playing on.
Username: JimbobQ
Platform: PC

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%