Test Drive Unlimited 2

There is NOTHING that was ever released without a single bug, yes, TDU2 has some, but the dev team didn't stop after printing the game, as you'll see, a patch has already been released, and there are another couple coming in the coming weeks. You have to remember TDU2 offers something nothing else on the market does (bar TDU1 to an extent) and with no 'jump to' menu's, it has to keep up with the player driving litterally thousands of miles non-stop. So yes, there are, an always would be some bugs in the final version, be thankful it's even on the market and in continuous development. Handling wise, it's not bad, it's different, it may not be to everyones, taste, but there are many more people who love it than hate it, it's just the hate posts are always the ones that are noticed. It is also hard to judge it as a driving model, each car has VERY different handling, and an individuality about them, you really need to give the game a chance and let it breath for a while first. Wait till the kids go back to CoD.......... ;D

As said by Richard, this is an arcade not simulationg geared product, if you want totally realistic driving models, full blah blah blah support, go and play a sim like, IDK, something sim-like. At the end of the day TDU2 is about having fun, which as (all reviews i have found so far) it delivers on a higher plane than your Gran Turismo's of this world. Nothing on the market gives you the chance to do things the way TDU2 can.

As for the wheel settings, as you can see in the VVV video's he is using the G25 perfectly well, driving looking fine, and Ryan enjoying the drives of the cars, i can only suggest you keep tweaking the settings, because it does work....

Well, i'm getting there when it comes to the G25 settings, but there is still a lot of ffb missing imo. Also there is a huge deadzone on the throttle and brakes. Some cars don't steer anymore when you apply the brakes...I agree when you lock up the front wheels there should be no steering but when you look ingame the wheels aren't locking. So that's strange but it's something you can get used to but the hardest thing is the lack of ffb when under- or oversteering, I find it next to impossible to correct that. Last but not least I find the ffb when you hit a bump or when you go offroad too strong in comparison to driving onroad.

There is NOTHING that was ever released without a single bug,
I think the internet has allowed more bugs to get through, since they can now patch it after release. back in the megadrive/genesis days you were pretty much stuck with the final version so they typically made sure MOST of them were fixed. Sure you can't expect every bug to be sorted, but most of them SHOULD be.

RD TDU2 Club?

Just got my copy today, looking forward to sussing it all out.. kept my expectations low so hopefully won't be bothered with some of the issues that pop-up.

Not looking to go online yet at the moment, but when i do that 'club' function sounds interesting.

Being the moderator for this forum Joe, r u likely to head a online RD club for TDU2?

If so i'm in (when i get around to logging in)

I think the internet has allowed more bugs to get through, since they can now patch it after release. back in the megadrive/genesis days you were pretty much stuck with the final version so they typically made sure MOST of them were fixed. Sure you can't expect every bug to be sorted, but most of them SHOULD be.

Exactly. And bugs, like are said are already being fixed.

Just got my copy today, looking forward to sussing it all out.. kept my expectations low so hopefully won't be bothered with some of the issues that pop-up.

Not looking to go online yet at the moment, but when i do that 'club' function sounds interesting.

Being the moderator for this forum Joe, r u likely to head a online RD club for TDU2?

If so i'm in (when i get around to logging in)

Very unlikely i'll be leading an RD club for TDU2, mostly due to my discontined xbl account :p And i already 'oversee' 49 clubs in the TDU2 directory at TDU2online, But if anyone starts an RD one, i'd be happy to help with the offline side :)

Just compare these two. This movie shows TDU2 is one big mistake and stepback.

Nuff said.

That's like saying, "Here is some Hovis bread, eat it, now eat home-made bread, see, nicer" The problem is, it may seem nicer. But it doesn't mean that Hovis Bread is a faliure, it will still go on to sell thousands of loaves, and people eating it every day, and enjoying it, rather than go through the hassle of making your own bread. There is no such think as a step-back, nor will there ever be, untill i release my time machine to the general public! ;)

Try separating axis in G25 controllers setup.

It's just a crappy Logitech Formula Vibration, and axes were always separated, but thanks.

Found someone's post with a simple fix that worked: unplug and replug the wheel.

So, I'm currently quite happy with it :D. If only I could turn off those silly head movements in cockpit view, and adjust the position inside...

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.1%
  • Full game

Votes: 178 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 122 17.4%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 78 11.1%