Show us your Rig / Cockpit

I can't see Freddie attachement either ...

But I gotta laugh at vn88holden's ... not the rig which looks pretty groovy, but the fact that there seems to be a pack of ciggies and a bucketful of butt ends, and then on top of the dash you see an asthma inhaler :O

Just click on the attachment, then you will see the picture

This is what I get when I click the attachment. Capture.JPG

Just click on the attachment, then you will see the picture

Ohh ... right ... and like I really really wouldn't have thought of doing anything like that now would I have eh Ben??? :rolleyes:

There seems to be similar issues across the forum ... something is not working proper like since this fancy ass upgrade - but sure it will get sorted in time.

»»»» Freddie «««« how does a man come about that variation of wheels and pedals - seems an odd but funky combination??
(thanks Ivo for re-upping)

»»»» Freddie «««« how does a man come about that variation of wheels and pedals - seems an odd but funky combination??

Just looking for the ultimate steering device without to have use a keyboard. Idea comes mostly because of the driving in the past endurance races organised by Eric.

So now i can mostly adjust everyting with the buttons. drivers views, headlight, wipers, brake bias, pitstop and adjustments. seat adjustment and some more.

here is a link you can see some pictures how it was. (this wasn't the most beautiful)

http://mak-corp.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=95

Anyway you'll need two usb ports. and setting this devices up as a keyboard in Race on etc.

Next project will be to make my G25 steer/wheel as simulair as it is now. (so i have to go look for buttons or simulair things) but im not in a hurry for this. 1st see how everything works out with this device.

Hey fellas!! Here's my project, it's still not finished but all the peices are cut out in 19mm MDF, im picking the peices up in about a week then the assembly begins!! the only difference on the final product is that the plate for the monitor will be deeper. the panels to my right will be used for buttons and switches, Pedals will be modified G25 pedals rewired to the Leo-bodnar Chip for 1024 bit resolution together with the rest of the switches for the raceframe, 32 buttons should make for a decent start.

The wheel will be replaced with a 35cm OMP rally-wheel when the wallet arrives

raceframe 20.jpg
Best part? My fiancee is helping me with the build :p 100% WAF! Me = :veryhappy:

Rock on fellas! Just registered here and i now have a racing-licens so i'll be seeing you on the track shortly!

• ribban

My cockpit-- x-sim motionsimulator (homemade),42 inch HD screen,G25,real dashboard(from a Opel Kadett),track IR 5,MMG SimRDisp7X-display

My setup:

VPP Rack
Fanatec GT3RS wheel
Homemade CST pedals
Frex H-shifter & Handbrake
Buttonplate, starting the cars with turning the key
Overclocked Quadcore pc with a SSD disk + Ati HD4870x2
Acer Projector

picca004.jpg

Fanatec wheel, Frex stuff & button plate

picca001.jpg

Shifters & mouseplate on VPP rack

picca010.jpg

Frex stuff, CST Pedals & button plate.

Afbeelding%20091.jpg

Total image of my old setup

And old video of my rig with the old Logitech hardware, but gives an idea of the projected image in front of me.

Nice eh? :p

well here is my effort of a racing rig...
after looking around the net an seeing all the great ideas for racing rigs I could not find the right set up for me..
I wanted a bit from each set up I layed eyes on and it was becoming harder and harder to think up an idea
that suited me and living area... I went from 1 to another in a blink of an eye and after weeks of planing
and lots of knock back from the wife ..yeh the wife as it had to be pasted by her before I started anything hahah
I finally conseeded to the reality that I had a living room not an arcade room haha so... I had to drop
all the mad ideas make something more conventional and not over the top ..and here it is :smile:

And a BIG thx to Gary who done all the work :wink:

Attachments

• S4021563.jpg
    S4021563.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 489
  • P200210_18.53_[01].jpg
    P200210_18.53_[01].jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 470
  • P200210_16.13.jpg
    P200210_16.13.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 455
  • P200210_15.05.jpg
    P200210_15.05.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 443
  • P200210_15.03.jpg
    P200210_15.03.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 409
  • P200210_14.46.jpg
    P200210_14.46.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 420
  • P200210_14.25.jpg
    P200210_14.25.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 440
  • S4021566.jpg
    S4021566.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 436
No Lee this Gary is not known here @ RD lol
He is one of my friends who buys from me for his business
Very nice job that ... and which Gary we talking about BTW (presume its the bloke pictured) - anyone we know here at RD?

I know its not the best rig around but it does the job and suits the space I have :smile:
there is still a few tweaks needed Im working on a pull out mouse platform
and a swivel keyboard arm that will swing in from the right when googling and push out to the side when driving
only thing I need right now is a good chair ! using my gaming chair didnt really work out well so we scrapped the idea. I could get a car seat... but as you can see it would be pushing the space boundry
and I have to keep the Mrs happy :cool:
so Im thinking of a new PC chair... just see how it goes car seat would be nice !!! :biggrin:

here is my latest project. Almost finished now.

Still based on a G25, and with a BU386x from leo bodnar, and a real steer. Steering wheel is a bit heavy and hope it will last, but it is already running for a while now.

This device is multipurpose, so not only for simracing. Can be used for flight simulator, train simulator etc.

x-y-z, brake, throttle, clutch. multiple switch which can be used to change gears. Also the joystick can be used for changing the gears and at the same time you can look to the right or left in degrees now.

And enough buttons now for all kind of purposes in simracing. Some buttons i want to change in future because some where on switches (4 of them) but i put another one between them to shut them down when setting up the configuration in game. When configuration is finished i put them on again. All possible with the BU386x

Latest News

Back