Show us your Rig / Cockpit

• terroristone

Cockpit1.jpg

More: https://www.getdropbox.com/gallery/790534/1/Cockpit?h=f3c489

hey jamie, how do you find the frex wheel compaired to a g25 or even the modded g25?
Regards Andrew

Please can anyone tell me where can I find all kind of cockpit rack listed with price.
Before I have a web site with all diferent kind of cockpit listed with price but after I upgrade my pc I had losted that web site, I got it from here, someone had posted that web site here before but now I can't find it, if anyone know please let me know that web site.

Thank you

Jose Ferreira (Jojo)

• Michel Salvador

• simul8r

How stable is that rig? The Playseats look really wobbly. Do you have any plans for that?
Actually, I do HERE. I've had some inquiries and now offer the plans to those interested.

I don't know anything about the Playseat but my rig is solid. All 2" PVC joints are glued and permanent. So far I've seen a copied version made out of 2" ABS pipes with good remarks from the builder.

• thagerty

After using my previous simpit:
http://www.thewayiplay.com/mainforum/index.php?topic=981.0
for about a year... I figured it was time to rebuild! I didn't want to get rid of the old post because,... well, that simpit no longer exists...and someone may have wanted to see it...
The old girl... we had good times together...
100_3525.jpg

Oh, well... out with the old and in with the new! The total build time was about 1 week of free time. I still wanted to be able to do car and flight sims like before. Tools available this time were just an old Table Saw, a Skill saw, and a Jigsaw... all borrowed from friends. I decided to build this time out of Black Melamine for the simple reason that there is NO SANDING, PRIMING, or PAINTING!!! I used two 4'x8' sheets...
Here goes the progress:

Taking apart the old pit for parts and space...
7.jpg

Construction begins... the wife cringes!
The bottom frame with the old plastic couch legs for fairly easy movement...
11.jpg

All the big main pieces were cut at Home Depot (you get 5 free cuts), so I just got each of my two 4'x8' sheets on different trips...
8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

Disassembly of the G25 pedals for inverted mounting...that part was a pain to get the right angle and height!
13.jpg

The mess begins...
14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

The Shifter/Flightstick assembly...
17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

The mess worsens...
20.jpg

21.jpg

But then.... the day arrives....

Its done!!!... well mostly.

22.jpg

23.jpg

The Flight Throttle now beside the chair and much more comfy...
24.jpg

The shifter with my TERRIBLE cutting of the hole for the G25 (covered with electrical tape) :mad:
25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

When I want to change from a Car Pit to a Flight cockpit... I first loosen the two "T" nuts on both sides of the shifter console...

31.jpg

Then I lift up the top lid...
32.jpg

Then the shifter rotates down...
33.jpg

...and around 180 degrees to reveal the Flightstick (old Logitech Force 3D Pro)
34.jpg

Then I just tighten the "T" nuts again, and lower the lid and I'm good to go for Flight! The only thing holding that Flightstick down when its upside-down is dollar-store velcro!
35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

The end of the pit where all the wires come out... eventually this will hopefully be mostly hidden...
40.jpg

and the shifter console has a storage place that holds something amazing....
41.jpg

My super-duper custom made Head-tracking hat made for Free-Track (track-ir type software for free) using Kinex... :)
42.jpg

and my even more amazing Wii remote stand (made from cardboard) to hold my Wii remote used for Free-Track.
43.jpg

When all is done for the day.... I slide my pit to the side of my Man Cave...
100_3687.jpg

Thanks to all on this site for great ideas!
Future plans... maybe a button/switch panel by the Throttle to turn on/off the Flightick/wheel/Throttle/keyboard, so I can hide the USB Hub...
and maybe even some casters to make moving easier!!!

• Alex Ramsey

Haha that Joystick/Shifter idea is really nifty! Like Cam said, great idea for the flight simmers. "Man Cave" lol

Thagarty, very clever cockpit man! Headtracking and all... Love the whole rotator for the shifter and joystick.

For that storage box where you keep the Freetrack hat, you should put a coller in there, for beer and wine and other alcoholic beverages and such :)

• thagerty

Here are some pics of the small updates I made to my Car / Flight Simpit...

Here is my new switch panel that allows me to turn on/off everything that's hooked up to the USB hub. Some games need to have only the wheel plugged in... or the Throttle may cause a prolem for another game,etc... Also has a key lock to lock out everything... and now I have a spare USB connector (hidden under near the wheel clamps) for I-POD,etc...

100_3821.jpg

Now the usb hub and wires are all contained inside so the only visible wire is the keyboard and power bar.

100_3776.jpg

The Wii-remote stand is all black now...

100_3827.jpg

And I built a new Free-Track cap that is wireless and more comfortable...

100_3829.jpg

And here it is powered by 2 AAA rechargable batteries and a power switch.

100_3831.jpg

Nothing else... maybe I'll make a youtube video showing it in action...

• Lee Heap

Received my Visionracer VR3 last week so thought I'd put a pic up. Its nothing compared to some of the incredible setups on here!

VR3
G25 with custom made (fully working) F1 wheel with display, 4 rotaries, 12 wheel buttons
32" 1080p display
5.1 surround (and headphones for those late night races! :D)
Currently playing a mix of rfactor, gtr evo, iracing, netkar pro, LFS, RBR and GT5.
Now all I need to do is get signed up for some RD racing club events, any recommendations?!

Latest News

Back