Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Here's mine:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2332/dsc0539t.jpg

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/834/dsc0542e.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5982/dsc0547h.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7421/dsc0548s.jpg

Nothing special, but does the job well.

Hope to go for the G25 soon.

It's situated in out house so gets a little cold in there during the winter:(.

The seat and its base were originally used with a desk, but when my son was born my little girl got the spare room and my pc had to go outside. So I decided to build the rest of the rig. It runs the full width of the out building and has a sub inside one of the side panels so vibrates well.

There's a cut out to the left for the FFB gearshift I started, but never finished.

Looks good Phil!

here are some pics of my cockpit.
the mac on the table is for simtools. very useful tool I think.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 371
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 320
Hi guys!!!
I really don't have a cockpit (YET!!!!!!), but here's my project for the next months... I just need to get the money to do it!!! :D

Attachments

• G25_alterado.jpg
    G25_alterado.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 509
  • Cockpit.PNG
    Cockpit.PNG
    75.6 KB · Views: 389
Yes it is! :D But photoshoped so the three buttons are a bit prettier. But I only would like to show you what I'm planning on doing on my G25: to add 6 buttons on it's own structure...

Sure!!!
You can either use your cell phone's bluetooth to do it!!! :) You just need to know how to do it, but since I'm an eletronics engineer, that's what I do. But I think I'm gonna go fot the buttons with cables. Easier, cheaper ans faster! :)

• Theo Loonstra

Well i can't put my stuff in 1 picture so i will post 3.

Gear:

* Playseat A1 GP Team Netherlands edition.
* G25 Steeringwheel
* 19" LG Flatron L1919S main monitor
* Widescreen Teco LCD TV for Sim Tool data view.
* Processor ADM Athlon X2 4600+
* 2 GB RAM
* GFX MSI N9800GTX+ 1GB
* Keyboard Logitech G15 (display is used to show TS)
* Mouse Logitech G5
* Headset Sennheiser PC 151

P4230004.jpg

P4230005.jpg

P4230008.jpg

• Kyle Evers

I'll take some pictures now then some pictures once I get my new speakers and screen and chair and we will see the difference :D

Nothing really special yet... But I still have the wirings for a buttonbox lying somewhere and I'll buy a seat once and make a true car cockpit with real dash :)

Specs:
e7300@3,5Ghz
HD4850
4GB DDR2 800
Simple mouse and keyboard
Logitech Rumblepad 2
Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo Wheel

LG w2261v monitor - 22" and fullHD so 1920*1080 and HDMI

This is VERY specialized gear and shouldn't be taken lightly but can easily be adapted to suite your needs (orders taken) :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

In anycase a bit more about the gear... It is state of the art technology never to be seen again. :wink2:
----------------------------------------------------
Picture 1
:
Shows the ultra modern next gen type of racing seat. The seat itself is actually a prototype which is not yet available in the shops. To the left you will see a Danby box. Well that is a cpu cooler box in disguise.

The TV is the newest, latest and greatest slimline LCD on the market from a company called "CrapTech" you guys should really try it. The TV is SUPER SlimLine!!!

PS) You might notice the light to the right of the SlimLine TV (on top of the dashboard). That is a streetlight which goes on and off when you drive to give you the feel of night racing. I yet have to try sprinklers for wet races, oops :lol:

Seat.jpg

Picture 2:
Well yes, how can we forget about the spectators/backseat passengers and their entertainment or in this case the co-driver chill out zone. The couch (backseat) is not only a very desirable British Racing Green but also the most comfortable on this planet.

Because the stereo was stolen from my racing car the guitar is there to provide the right acoustics and also serve as entertainment for nervous passengers. TBH the back of the guitar also serves as rumble strip sound effect.

Couch.jpg

Cables on the floorboard, well well...no installation would be complete without a obstacle or or two, now would it :rotfl::rotfl:

Greetings from the west coast, US. Just found this site and really enjoyed viewing other people's builds. So, I thought I'd share pictures of my sim racer made out of 2" PVC pipes, MDF wood, a salvaged seat from a junk yard and some paint. The steering outfit is of course Logitech's G25. Temporarily using a 46" LCD but working on a 'man cave' in the garage where I will set up my DIY 720p LCD projector and 120" screen.

Regards

How stable is that rig? The Playseats look really wobbly. Do you have any plans for that?

Latest News

Back