Show us your Rig / Cockpit

First official on-site footage :) :) :)

Attachments

• LG_Triple.jpg
    LG_Triple.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 316
nah, 3 monitors are standing at Hungary with my secondary PC, i will post pics later, but i can tell you , racing is a blast!!!!! :) :) :)

I have one porblem, not too concerned yet since it is not setup atm with the final PC, but i cant get the Matrox software working, to adjust the Bezel management, after installation asking for a PC restart, done nicely, and when restarting, and after all the time i want to start up the main Matrox software i get a Windows error message, that invalid display name. Any ideas?

Other then that the unit is plug and play, really nice surround feeling, i have to adjust my thinking during driving a bit where is the side of the car and where is the track sometimes still... :) :) :)

Of course, in car pictures for the buddies :) btw, i felt much more comfortable like this with the cockpit view, hmmmm.... maybe i will change for that

Maybe you can notice the "mechanical" bezel management as a temporary solution i will figure out how to install the software (or i get answer from Matrox customer service)

Seat position at the middle approx, was very nice view, but the left mirror was just inbetween the screens (also it is in between in the most forward position)
P1020069.jpg

Seat position at the most far back
P1020071.jpg

Thanks Atti.

I like this view very much, i always drive cockpit, i can be faster with bonnet view but for me in cockpit gives me more realistic feeling.

To be in the right position of the car i think the left and right lcd's needs to be more on the side's i mean you need to sit between the side lcd's more. Now it looks like you are very far away from the wheel.

Is it possible with the VPP rack to be in the middle of the screens?

I am thinking more and more of bying such a rack too when i extend my house with a racing room.

It's the cigarette :) Jezus Christ Atti-san what an amazing screens. Is this the Hungarian setup? WIll you take it with you to the Ukrain?

Also i am wondering how much this costs in Euro's because i am seriously thinking of buying such screens myself in the future!

Congrats on your purchase.

i see your 2 hands on wheel are you real alien with three hands ?
how you take a picture :D
looks awesome vromm vromm ......:thumb:

i was thinking exactly the same! Will not ask where the fourth hand is then :)

loooool, i asked my father to make the pic :)

huh, lot of questions, step by step:
- monitors are placed simmetrically, just the pic was taken a bit from the side to be able to see them instead of my big head, if the pic was taken from behind from center :) in the VPP rack there is a 3 monitor stand upgrade which i also ordered, of course it is also placing the monitors exactly in the middle, as soon as it arrives i am gonna install this on the rack instead of the hungarian home setup, but maybe this will be already in hungary if i am coming homr from the ukraine in reasonable time.

costs involved in this:
- 3* LG 1954 TQ : 3*220 Eur
- Matrox TH2Go Digital: 259 Eur
- VPP rack upgrade for 3 monitor stand (did not arrive yet) : 220 Eur

Sum approx 1100 Eur will be the final installation, if you do not put in on rack then 900 Eur, but of course highly depending on the monitor you choose.

Wait for second half of 2008 and get ready sell your kidney for about rumoured 4000-5000$.
Curved--->
:)

peace
Jari

OH MY GOD! That screen has to be mine some time soon! Cool to see that they demonstrated it using Race07... a DLP screen with a resolution of 2880x900, respons time of 2 ms and a 90 degree field of view... is it just me, or didn't you just wet your pants...
:ohyeah:
Kind regards,
Karl

Finally the VPP rack expansion arrived too, here it is how it is looking like. I think it will have to wait 2-3 months until will be on its final place on the rack, it is more and more sure i will come back to Hungary within few months, so i will spare myself explaining the ukrainien custom officers, that i am actually gonna connect all 3 monitors to my PC, and i am not smuggling anything into their country.... (they also hardly believed that my wheel and pedals are for computer not for race car, 3 monitors to 1 PC would be over their capacity i feel.... lol )

P1020165.jpg

Latest News

Back