Show us your Rig / Cockpit

yes, of course, it is adjustable both sidewas and in depth, and the middle also in depth, so you can adjust with this even the angle between the 3 monitors compared to what the arm is originally providing (which is very good i think, i left it like that) But what you can not adjust is rotating of the screens, which i would have needed btw.... also the whole stand is adjustable up/down. The whole VPP rack you can adjust everything almost and everywhere to suit you the best.
Would you imagine, first i screwed on all 3 monitors, and all was rotated like 2-3 degreess to the right side, making a 1.5 cm height difference inbetween them... LG quality, why they cant make the fixation wholes parallel with the edge of the monitor....? so i had to adjust them by professional folded post it papers at the back in the rack expansion to get them rotate all a bit to the left :)

P1020166.jpg

well, honestly i never use it when i am racing for competition, just for offline fun. You are simple slower with it since the time what it takes more to release the wheel, move to shifter, get back to wheel, compared to the paddle shifter, 6-5-4-3-2-1 gear in 1 sec, while you have control over on steering too with 2 hands.... but it is a piece of art in its category, thats for sure, very precise, good feeling, and now it has also a centering spring as well. So for realism go for it, for competition racing i think you will not use it.

I currently use my G25 shifter in H-mode for offline fun as well, but having had two G25s die on me in the past (and now I'm out of warranty), I want to start replacing it. As it's the most flimsy component, I thought I'd start with the H-shifter first.

I certainly appreciate the pros and cons of H-shifting - but there's nothing like throwing an E30 around the ring, or a FF1800 around Newbury in nKP with your feet and hands dancing around the place, right on the most ragged of edges.

The only bit I don't currently have a replacement lined up for is the sequential shifter, but hopefully someone'll either point one out or release one. The only option I can see is the Frex one, but it isn't standalone. I use the G25 shifter in sequential mode for everything except F1 cars, so the one-hand-off-the-wheel 'problem' isn't a problem for me. :p

Thanks Kristofer, but I have three problems there:

1) I can't find any further details on it at all
2) It's a bit out of my current price range
3) I've heard good and bad things about VPP in the past. I haven't heard anything bad at all about the rack, it looks great, but everything else they produce seems to have very flaky support, and if I were to pay that amount of money I'd expect rather better than that.

Still, food for thought. I know of one more than I knew about previously, so thanks for the heads up.

Atti: I think I might be ordering something tonight then, pending an enquiry from a UK owner about import costs. :)

I just had an "Oh bollocks to it, *click*" moment...

Thank you for your payment

Congratulations - your payment was sent. You have successfully paid for this transaction.
:D

I went for the silver one in the end; the black one looks great but would be a dust magnet, and I wasn't overly keen on the coloured ones; bit too.. "OMG LOOK I'M A SHIFTER WOW LOOK AT ME WTFLOL".

Hya guys,

To start up, currently i have a cockpit like this:

Cockpit-1.jpg

Recently i realised that for my racing rack a 3 monitor stand support is available:

VPP_HTSS_RRP.jpg

The rest is logical, i immediately started to think about an upgrade. :)

Of course i will need this Matrox TripleHead2go as well to spread the signal to the 3 monitors:
DataSheet

Currently i am on the questions phase towards Matrox and VPP, when and how can i purchase, compatibility with Vista and so on, if all fits then i think i will go for it. :)

One question to you all: which monitor would you propose for this setup? As i understood max can be 19" standard 4:3 format 1280*1024 native resolution, of course 3 next to each other. I am looking for the best quality, price is luckily not the first priority. I guess it should have digital input, speakers not needed, and the side plastic of the monitor i would like to have the thinnest possible, to have as less disturbance as possible.

Any suggestion?

also one more thing, anybody knows if this is working with Race 07 and other Simbin titles?

good,verygood:party0023:

Latest News

Back