Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Ah ok i didn't knew it was only 1280 x 1024, but i see widescreen resolutions can be used too.

In that case i think 3 19 inchers will be ok, they are cheap and most of them use a native resolution of 1440 x 900 and they can do 1280 too on widescreen.

I would say the Dell 1908 WFP is great and only 249,= euro each.

They have cheaper ones too they are arround 210,= but the panl in this 1908 is much better.

Dell has no speakers on the sides so the sides are very thin. Their response time is 5MS which is ok.

I own a Dell for 2.5 years now and i still think its awesome, i suggested Maik the same lcd and he is also very happy with it.

Is my cockpit,
change new photo:thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_0301.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 374
Don't know anything about the LGs, but suspect they are fine. If they look good to your eyes...

I researched the heck out of TH2Go about 6 months ago and thought it was pretty interesting. Matrox claims pretty good game compatibility. After reading lots of different forum posts rFactor seems to be the most seamless, but other games seem ok also with the odd glitch here and there. It's hard to tell what the issues are sometimes because there is such a spectrum of computer abilities and system configurations out there...
You've probably seen this.
http://www.matrox.com/graphics/jp/gxm/products/th2go/gaming/list.php

I'm using a 37" 1080p lcd and it works pretty well, but don't think it gives the same affect as the TH2Go.
You hit on one of the two issues I wasn't sure about --- bezel width. Wasn't sure how big of an issue it would be, but thinner is better I think.

I was going to give it a try as I already have two 20" 1600x1200 Dell lcds for regular Windows work, but that resolution isn't supported with three monitors. Windows doesn't look very good when an lcd isn't running in its native resolution, do you think a graphics game like Race07 would look ok on a 1600x1200 lcd with resolution turned down to 1280x1024?

thanks thanks, really appreciate guys.

I am not sure now, i tend to like the LG better, just because of the thinner side, is there any reasonable performance difference to the favour of the Dell...?

In my opinion the Dell has better image quality, i am very satisfied with my Dell as many friends of mine are too.

Atti i know a address where you can get the Dell E198wfp widescreen 19 inch TFT for 169,= with 5 years of warranty and deathpixel free.

I bought mine there too and also maik did.

He is an official Dell resaler, look at :: Qsix ::.
Here is the shop, you need to register to see the prices, he delivers faster then Dell too :: Qsix ::

Thanks Marcel.

The upgrade for the cockpit is available to buy alone as well, also i found a TH2G digital version, where it says it is compatible with Vista 64 bit, so now it is just coming to money, but actually i think i will go for it... but a bit pricey...

VPP upgrade monitor stand for the 3 monitors: 179 Eur + shipping
Matrox TH2G digital: 259 Eur + shipping
3 Monitos: ye, depends, but lets say 3*200 Eur

Easily 1000+ Eur upgrade....

I am still looking around for monitors searching for the thinnest frame available, so far the lowest has 12 mm side plastic. Any 19-22" monitor with native resolution of 1280*1024 beats it? 1280*1024 is a must native resolution, and now i also have the info that the VPP monitor stand supports max size of 3*22" monitor.

Lenovo is IBM, they are good for office work not for games in my opinion.

That seamless display looks amazing but it will be very expensive i guess.

I still should go for 3 Dells if i where you.

this is news from today... and i thought 3*19" would be big..... omg, for what the hell i am browsing that much, now my heart will hurt for the next few decades....

Attachments

• 01a-6588b-8_x10-e.jpg
    01a-6588b-8_x10-e.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 512

Latest News

Back