Well this was quite some work to say I it was a test which is still not completed but had it on my mind so had to do it either way , 1K Shield .
Maybe ill tidy it some more later but just a test for now :)
1ik damage and dust shield .
14e8889f04b24f0beb9047a7a88c7c88.png

b6f8abb664ef33e7db1cb1b6f3394398.png

c0ab3b8c68044c9d07e52971a6e166b7.png

EDIT / Oh well failed test but on the positive side I can make a nice COLLIDER from it and optimize it some more so not all lost ,

What the plan was , was to make a shield kinda like a collider but only for dust and damage systems , you can see here its covering a lot of the metals , grills intakes and mainly light covers / glass ect at the front ,

so we could have really nice scrapes , spray , dust , scratches on multiple mesh at once ,
I called it the 1K_Shield I know how Kunos are with not wasting extra tri on things if there is no need so tried to get the demo what have you under 1k triangles which I achieved ,

what the issues is I just can not make it transparent , the idea was to hide the shield and only see the dirt scratches ect when there is impact and such , maybe I should have tried with a flat plane 1st but was excited on the prospects of seeing really nice spray not broken , across multiple areas all at once to me personally you should have the LOD_A / B / C / D ect ect ,
you have the collider for impacts so the cars know where you are ,
and instead of been limited to just damage on one map like the main chassis for example adding dust and damage to this is fine , but its one object out of 100,s of objects , so simply not ideal to achieve the perfect or desired effects ,

making a shield a glorified collider ect , you can achieve a higher resolution damage as you can see in my UV screenshot and you can cover vast areas of the car maybe the entire shell of the car itself , this way as I say you can cover everything with surface dust / marbles what have you ,
even around the windows you could invert the normals and these areas covering glass you could have scrapes and impact marks , truly would look stunning ,

anyways can not make the object transparent with that certain shader , dont want to bore you guys any longer with my broken plans but I tried and was excited .

Last edited:
You could use that shield as a good standing for fluid dynamics simulation, if you go down that part. For a collider it seems way too highres.

Well this was quite some work to say I it was a test which is still not completed but had it on my mind so had to do it either way , 1K Shield .
Maybe ill tidy it some more later but just a test for now :)
1ik damage and dust shield .
14e8889f04b24f0beb9047a7a88c7c88.png

b6f8abb664ef33e7db1cb1b6f3394398.png

c0ab3b8c68044c9d07e52971a6e166b7.png

EDIT / Oh well failed test but on the positive side I can make a nice COLLIDER from it and optimize it some more so not all lost ,

What the plan was , was to make a shield kinda like a collider but only for dust and damage systems , you can see here its covering a lot of the metals , grills intakes and mainly light covers / glass ect at the front ,

so we could have really nice scrapes , spray , dust , scratches on multiple mesh at once ,
I called it the 1K_Shield I know how Kunos are with not wasting extra tri on things if there is no need so tried to get the demo what have you under 1k triangles which I achieved ,

what the issues is I just can not make it transparent , the idea was to hide the shield and only see the dirt scratches ect when there is impact and such , maybe I should have tried with a flat plane 1st but was excited on the prospects of seeing really nice spray not broken , across multiple areas all at once to me personally you should have the LOD_A / B / C / D ect ect ,
you have the collider for impacts so the cars know where you are ,
and instead of been limited to just damage on one map like the main chassis for example adding dust and damage to this is fine , but its one object out of 100,s of objects , so simply not ideal to achieve the perfect or desired effects ,

making a shield a glorified collider ect , you can achieve a higher resolution damage as you can see in my UV screenshot and you can cover vast areas of the car maybe the entire shell of the car itself , this way as I say you can cover everything with surface dust / marbles what have you ,
even around the windows you could invert the normals and these areas covering glass you could have scrapes and impact marks , truly would look stunning ,

anyways can not make the object transparent with that certain shader , dont want to bore you guys any longer with my broken plans but I tried and was excited .

Great idea, shame the shaders don't allow for it.

I did something similar (ie a fake, invisible mesh), except instead of dirt I used it for 'temporary AO'.

Difficult to see, but its there. Would be more noticeable on a large rear wing with multiple, removable planes. More a proof of concept.
The idea to allow removable aero parts to cause a shadow that they otherwise wouldn't (or would leave permanent AO shadows even when removed).

S0s483Lh.jpg

ZqGOwcwh.jpg

Great idea, shame the shaders don't allow for it.

I did something similar (ie a fake, invisible mesh), except instead of dirt I used it for 'temporary AO'.

Difficult to see, but its there. Would be more noticeable on a large rear wing with multiple, removable planes. More a proof of concept.
The idea to allow removable aero parts to cause a shadow that they otherwise wouldn't (or would leave permanent AO shadows even when removed).

S0s483Lh.jpg

ZqGOwcwh.jpg
Like this u mean , the S1 version as even more all custom shadows to give a greater effect , its nothing new adding shadows to parts , well not in my arena :p
450e70a9c01782c032b7f112fa5af445.gif

Thats the stuff. Hadn't seen it done before ingame though, would be cool to see it on the Countach rear wing for example, instead of having to resort to an S1 car.
Works ingame also , not this S2 the cockpit surround does not open the protection , but it does on the standard car and the S1 versions , when you 1st go ingame the surround is off the car and its got shdows animated along with the protection to give a deeper effect only way I could think of to add extra realism to my parts was to create my own AO and animate this also along with any moving parts , this was actually quite tricky to get level and yet again I got some help from @Gergo Panker :)

So I saw a lot of enthusiasm with the Vortex livery with you guys ,
its time to start taking suggestions with this Tornado , what do you guys want with this car any ideas would be welcomed , suggestions , maybe some help actually painting the chassis but unsure if this is the direction we need to go but would help with seasoned painters :)

Does the shadow underneath the car glitch on Kunos cars like that too? /genuine question
Hi man , how you mean by glitch I looked cant see what you are asking about can you point to it ,
the image is a gif I have my PC running AC ultra settings , 3ds max open , photoshop and loads of programs running and then recording which was lagging when doing so , if you cant see this glitch in the 100,s of showroom pics I have posted then I believe it something to do with what I just mentioned :)

Hi man , how you mean by glitch I looked cant see what you are asking about can you point to it ,
the image is a gif I have my PC running AC ultra settings , 3ds max open , photoshop and loads of programs running and then recording which was lagging when doing so , if you cant see this glitch in the 100,s of showroom pics I have posted then I believe it something to do with what I just mentioned :)
The shadow disappears for a split second (it seems)

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%