aren't the wings standard on that category? same for every car or every car/brand has a different wing? I'm thinking because one can make a wing and share it for the ferrari, viper, lister, etc,
No, the wing sizes are regulated in chord, height etc, but profile shape can be anything (1 plane only though) and width is different for each car, sort of like a BOP system.

Plus as said before, I’ve seen probably half a dozen wing varients for one car alone...

Last edited:
Keep it below 20/20. That's very generous though, I'd say it shouldn't be difficult to keep these racing interiors between 10-15 materials.
That is what I was thinking currently this Lister is total 36 but some shaders are not complete so just a transparent filler just placed there for now ,
I always thought MAX shader count was say 30 max my RSS2 and RSS4 cars both are exactly 35 materials each in total ,
Yesterday was discussing it with the guys one car has 64 then he was saying the MC12 has something like 54 or something then I was confused thinking well something must have changed at some point because could remember it been way way lower like at one point 25-30 mat on an entire build ,
so always worried going to high but it does not state anything inside the SDK pipeline thanks for clearing it up :)

What do we think? Poll says more than 70% prefer the wide wing, is that still the case? :D

https://strawpoll.com/p9wpx419

C81QUBwh.jpg

Tm4t9T3h.jpg

W1bmn8Sh.jpg

LU8JXkUh.jpg

ndrKFJgh.jpg

ZQHiohfh.jpg

BTW, you can exceed it if needed, the main thing is the the reduction of materials on the LODs, aim for a total of 1 or 2 materials in the Cockpit LR. The LOD B exterior will probably have the same amount of materials as the LOD A, but in LOD C you can get rid of quite a few.

BTW, you can exceed it if needed, the main thing is the the reduction of materials on the LODs, aim for a total of 1 or 2 materials in the Cockpit LR. The LOD B exterior will probably have the same amount of materials as the LOD A, but in LOD C you can get rid of quite a few.
Was just going to ask what difference it actually does make for example ,
what is the difference in performance say from a car using 75 textures and 30 shaders in the sdk ,
or a car using 75 textures and 66 shaders in the sdk , what is the overhaul difference if the polycount is exact and all LOD is exact ? just out of curiosity be nice to know ,

Still seems strange to me though say your using 75 textures on a complete build finished
EXT Chassis uses say 7 textures and the base flat.nm so - 6 from 75 that leaves 69 textures in the build ,
KsTyres uses 5 unique textures so now we down to 64 textures ,
KsBrakeDisc uses 5 unique textures so now down to 59 textures ,

Here for example we have just removed roughly 16 textures from our build only using 3 shaders ,
so using 66 shaders or like the Vortex using 64 shaders for example ,
this almost means that every texture that is left uses its own shaders to me seems pretty hard to achieve and I overkill most stuff :D and seems like wow thats insane .

That's where the cockpit_LR really comes into play. As soon as I've setup an 8k triangles, 2 shaders model for it, performance increased a lot (probably got rid of at least 30 shaders that way) and still haven't set up the rest of the lods.

Reactions: CC
That's where the cockpit_LR really comes into play. As soon as I've setup an 8k triangles, 2 shaders model for it, performance increased a lot (probably got rid of at least 30 shaders that way) and still haven't set up the rest of the lods.
Thats what im saying though , so in your cockpit I would not say there is much more than 30 things , yes buttons but they will have its own shader so everything else you see you apply its own shader ?
Red E sticker 1 shader , Electric warning sticker another shader ? :p

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.3%
  • Full game

Votes: 177 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 122 17.5%
  • Other PC related hardware