AC Round 12 of 23 Formula Agile@Hungaroring1988 Thu, 20th July 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Programmer_Rich

Here is what I found Richard, I know very little about the tech side of computers but I will try this for tonight.

Interesting Paul, thanks for sharing. I got suspicious about OneDrive in the past and have uninstalled it to be safe. If you don't need/want OneDrive I'd suggest trying that first before disabling/downgrading the autosave feature in AC.

Thanks Dai but no apology needed as it was clear to see it was a genuine tiny mistake that cascaded, trust me it's happened to us all at some point! In addition my clumsy dive to the inside of the second to last corner, after you locked up, was no better, sorry. Good of you to call out for me to keep going (I did hear you say that, and later in the race to someone else, so all good on your mic - sometimes tricky to respond and there's usually one or two people off Discord sadly).

Anyway my first Agile race and from the sounds of it a bad one to make a guest appearance but like Steve said it gradually grew on me and I had a couple of decent ish races. I'll be back the next time my wife is away for a week!! As aways thanks everyone for the enjoyable and clean racing.

@Shed 17 Paul, I occasionally see my ping (and others) shoot up and then slowly drift back down. I would be interested to see what you found about the replay settings?

Thanks Rich -- btw, I lock up all the time so be careful following me;) Actually, I lock up in the race MUCH more than practice. That is something I need to keep working on, unfortunately, among many other things:confused:

Hope you come race with us more!

Last edited:
Interesting Paul, thanks for sharing. I got suspicious about OneDrive in the past and have uninstalled it to be safe. If you don't need/want OneDrive I'd suggest trying that first before disabling/downgrading the autosave feature in AC.
Thanks Richard, it did seem like there was something going on in the background so I will uninstall Onedrive. This PC is soley used for racing anyway:thumbsup:.

Yes, onedrive can cause this. I once forgot that I was uploading 400 GB of video footage for a friend (I have 1 TB onedrive space).
My ping was horrific and I had no idea why. Luckily it only went up to 200-300 ms so I could still race, but I couldn't battle for positions, all the cars were stuttering/jittering.

Websites etc all work completely fine if your upload is clogged and even sending videos via messengers will seem fine, since Windows gives them higher priority.
But racing won't.. The little position packages in AC & ACC get stuck.
Thanks Richard, it did seem like there was something going on in the background so I will uninstall Onedrive. This PC is soley used for racing anyway:thumbsup:.
If that's the issue, which is definitely possible, then there's more needed than uninstalling Onedrive.
The issue is that when you're doing a fresh Win10/11 install nowadays, the installation process will ask you to store all your "user folders" (Desktop, documents, pictures, videos) inside of OneDrive.
Sadly, the default is "Yes", which I find absolutely atrocious.
So many issues... Apart from all your stuff getting uploaded to Microsoft...

Disabling OneDrive will stop the syncing. Uninstalling it though.. No idea what Windows does then. It might let your folders be as they are but it also might delete the folders and crash your system.
Or you might not be able to uninstall it.
I've never tried that, so no knowledge about this scenario.

What I did in the past, when "fixing" the PCs/Laptops of others:
Inside Onedrive, you can uncheck that awful setting and select something like "don't back up all my personal stuff online, just do normal offline folders, thanks, you pita piece of moronic default setting".

This will take quite a moment, since OneDrive will create the normal folders in the right place and "unlink" your data.

The issue is, that all programs are expecting the default folder path and windows + onedrive are doing some "internal linking".

Anyway, it's annoying and a bit complicated if you aren't familiar with this stuff.
So I'd suggest we hop into a discord call with screen sharing and I'll navigate you through this.

Until then: simply right click onedrive and pause syncing for the events.

Last edited:
that was a surpriesly result for me , start of qualy i was almost a second off p1 typical openwheel stuff but around 5 min before the end i was able to close the gap down to -300/200 tenths . race1 after Hank mistake i was like ok done 1 now lets see how race 2 goes , start i saw an incident on the front while some took the risk i was braking and waiting knowing that was going to be alot more bigger , good choice as i saw few second after a car bouncing the wall causing more incidents , reaching p2 i saw that Jason was having a good gap like 4/5 sec ahead but then he start making mistakes and i was able to pass him for p1 from that moment after he did another mistake i was in cruise controll until the race was over , with the gap almost a copy and paste of race1 . ty Han for hosting . Congratz to both Jason and Hank specialy Hank amazing qualy lap . quick question for Han and Markus WSS is using the acu version of the Hungaroring i think that is what you guys call 'legal' . i hate those terms legal not legal like those are mods this game dont have a workshop so it means the entire non kunos are what you call ' not legal'.

Last edited:
Anyway, it's annoying and a bit complicated if you aren't familiar with this stuff.
So I'd suggest we hop into a discord call with screen sharing and I'll navigate you through this.

Until then: simply right click onedrive and pause syncing for the events.
Thanks Rasmus, I will PM you to set something up.

Hi Steve, yes great fun and had a similar battle with Omar for a while.

Yes, I am hard wired direct to router, I have just been on RD looking for an answer and it looks like there could be an issue with the auto replay settings in AC so I will try that tomorrow before Dominic’s F1 race. Thanks for the advice though.:thumbsup:
Do you have WeatherFX active? In the description of Emperor for day/night transitions it's adviced to put the wait time on at least 120second (now 90) to give enough time for the drivers to synchronize with the server time.
It could explain why you have only this problem at the start.

Hi Han,

Yes, weather FX is active.
Where do I find the wait time?
The wait time is configured by the organizer on the server. We normally use 90s. Could you please try without WeatherFX next time to see if that's the problem?
If so we can discuss to use 120s in the future. But WeatherFX isn't necessary for daylight races imo. I don't like it myself because I find the reflection of the tail lights in daylight not realistic .

i hate those terms legal not legal like those are mods this game dont have a workshop so it means the entire non kunos are what you call ' not legal'.
Not really. All mods that use real stuff are in a gray area.
The "illegal" mods are illegal by law, no gray area, but straight up copyright infringement.
If I create a mod of a real track, I don't have the license to do so, but if I offer it for free, it's a gray area that no one will care about.
But if someone else created a mod and I use parts of it without permission, it's straight up illegal.
But getting the world to stop doing this or to use such mods is similar to sue the public to get your nudes deleted from the internet after they were leaked on Reddit.
WSS is using the acu version of the Hungaroring i think that is what you guys call 'legal' .
It's about copyright infringements, not about who uses the mods.
But uploads here at RD are "self controlled" by the community, so we can use them until proven to be illegal and taken down from RD.

From what I learned here in America, we have tractor trailers (what Carsten showed) and pickup trucks (the American favorited, and I drive one).

Wow nice, much wider FOV compared to my 34 curved.
What is the radius of the screen's curvature?
1000R I'm really really impressed so far.

Is there a schedule for the rest of the championship? Is there a race this thursday 27th?

Last edited:

Is there a schedule for the rest of the championship? Is there a race this thursday 27th?
It follows the F1 schedule. So on the Thursday in the week of the real F1 race. Thursday 27th will be Spa.
But @abecede didn't set it up yet.

@abecede Markus, if you want me to set it up, just give a shout with which format to use.

Last edited:

That is nice, 1000R would be a very close wrap around. I imagine this would be better than 3 screen setup! May be not quite as wide, but seamless!

Funnily you would think that, but ironically you do not notice the bezels, admittedly mine are very small + i over lay them, so they are small. You get a lot more wrap around, even though mine are only 24” + you, for most of the time only look at the front monitor.
Overall I prefers triples, the down side is not having one continuous screen, it is not un common for screens to load up incorrectly, and you have the bezels with three separate screens. So for some games and using a pc as a pc the single works better.
For the rest triples.
If they did a 90” 600R wrap around monitor, that would be great, or better still a reasonably priced VR that match a 2k screen for resolution and easy to use. Both are figments of my imagination, and if they existed I would be priced out of that option.:(

Funnily you would think that, but ironically you do not notice the bezels, admittedly mine are very small + i over lay them, so they are small. You get a lot more wrap around, even though mine are only 24” + you, for most of the time only look at the front monitor.
Overall I prefers triples, the down side is not having one continuous screen, it is not un common for screens to load up incorrectly, and you have the bezels with three separate screens. So for some games and using a pc as a pc the single works better.
For the rest triples.
If they did a 90” 600R wrap around monitor, that would be great, or better still a reasonably priced VR that match a 2k screen for resolution and easy to use. Both are figments of my imagination, and if they existed I would be priced out of that option.:(
I was only going by imagination, not real life experience -- never used a triple setup.

I have tried a VR (HP Reverb). It was great in terms of providing real life depth, the sense of immersion was just unreally real:thumbsup: So real that it made me sick from the disconnect of what I saw and felt. I could not sake it after trying for a week. And the problem was as I logged more time, the feeling got progressively worse to the point of completely unbearable when the scenery changed fast or if I crashed. Also, 4K pixel display looks like a screen from the Windows 3.1 era because of the optics. And it gets really hot on my head. This was during the winter time. So I gave up on it.

I am really happy with my 34 inch curved. Will wait for the 90" 600R affordable screen ;)

if you have the real estate to drive them, triples are well worth going that route.
You can get 24" 144Hz monitors second had for about £300 for three, if you take your time looking.
i am sure with some imagination you can make the monitor stand, but even that is not that expensive,
i bought the fancy monitor brackets that allow easy horizontal and vertical adjustment for a reasonable price, but you will need 80/40 extrusion.
i have most variants, VR, 49"monitor, 34" monitor 1440p, triple curved 27" monitors 144 Hz.
Now i have triple 144Hz 24" monitors and i am perfectly happy with that.
Keep thinking if i can find any 1440p 24" monitors, but not really that fussed, because they are 24" 1080p the resolution is very good anyway.:)

May be not quite as wide, but seamless!
One big issue with a wrap-around single screen:
The FOV calculation is ONLY for FLAT screens.
Triple screen mode renders 3 FOVs on 3 flat screens.

So a curved monitor gets EXACTLY the same pixels as a flat monitor.
Meaning you'd have a massively distorted view without seeing more than you'd do on a single monitor.
ACC, afaik, is the only game right now that has a correction for this. But they only did it because they couldn't implement real triple screen support.

One big issue with a wrap-around single screen:
The FOV calculation is ONLY for FLAT screens.
Triple screen mode renders 3 FOVs on 3 flat screens.

So a curved monitor gets EXACTLY the same pixels as a flat monitor.
Meaning you'd have a massively distorted view without seeing more than you'd do on a single monitor.
ACC, afaik, is the only game right now that has a correction for this. But they only did it because they couldn't implement real triple screen support.
Before y'all start a spec war LOL this is my experience only your mileage may vary.

Technically completely accurate....has been the argument for triple screens since the dawn of time......However, in real life, very few of us have the visual acuity to detect minimal edge distortion while driving (if you're staring at the edge of the screen, your car is in the wall :) ). Also using the 3x monitor better peripheral argument also assumes that you have perfect bezel correction and perfect syncing of the three displays on the client computer possibly across oceans.

I had to switch from rendering 3 screens to rendering one screen across 3 monitors in AC to get my tired graphics card to work at more than minimal graphics......absolutely no discernable difference while driving (for me) . Having used 3x24 for a very long time, my experience with the 49 curved is superior in absolutely every way(that I can tell). My eyes aren't tired and don't hurt after an hour race. My peripheral vision is significantly improved as is the immersion and realism. It's just smoother and clearer. It makes me want to race again, where I was just about ready to hang it up before.

my experience only your mileage may vary.

Before y'all start a spec war LOL this is my experience only your mileage may vary.

Technically completely accurate....has been the argument for triple screens since the dawn of time......However, in real life, very few of us have the visual acuity to detect minimal edge distortion while driving (if you're staring at the edge of the screen, your car is in the wall :) ). Also using the 3x monitor better peripheral argument also assumes that you have perfect bezel correction and perfect syncing of the three displays on the client computer possibly across oceans.

I had to switch from rendering 3 screens to rendering one screen across 3 monitors in AC to get my tired graphics card to work at more than minimal graphics......absolutely no discernable difference while driving (for me) . Having used 3x24 for a very long time, my experience with the 49 curved is superior in absolutely every way(that I can tell). My eyes aren't tired and don't hurt after an hour race. My peripheral vision is significantly improved as is the immersion and realism. It's just smoother and clearer. It makes me want to race again, where I was just about ready to hang it up before.

my experience only your mileage may vary.
It is always nice to hear actual experience from some who has done it both ways. I see exactly what Rasmus say about the theoretical distortion as well as Bob's observation in real life it may not be a problem. Also, as the large format curved monitor become more prevalent, I would expect more of the game developers to support it. I believe the calculation to support mapping the image onto the curved monitor is actually easier to achieve no distortion than three flat one at angle.

Latest News

Back