AC Round 12 of 23 Formula Agile@Hungaroring1988 Thu, 20th July 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
May be it is because 1000R is still too show a wrap to make that obvious. May be also pictures does not show it as if looking that screen in person.
My monitor is 34", 3440x1440 , 21:9 and 1800R :p
The difference becomes very obvious when you start to drive with the correction at its maximum. You lose this "speed" feeling from the stretched/distorted fov at the sides.
I can't use it though, it screws with my brain after driving without it for years and a fov of 49° in all sims.
A 49" 1000R gets only about 120 degrees of field of view, but a triple if set at 60 degree angle would get 180. So if I want to see what is happening on the side, I need triple. Or wait for 600R screen. Not sure any one would make such thing, won't be useful for anything other than gaming:(
Yep! And it wouldn't be that useful anyway since acc is the only game that has this correction setting.
But it's not perfect in ACC either because it takes the fully rendered image and stretches out the center.
This results in a lower resolution in the center, blurry details, pixel crawling etc.
Great illustrations Rasmus!

These all makes sense! I guess that for a 49" 1000R screen, that difference is just too little to make any impact visually. And even with correction, it won't provide the additional information available on a triple setup for seeing who is next to you. And the situation is even worse for my 34" 1500R screen:(
Yep.. Having a 34" 1800R screen, I know what you mean hehe.
On a 49", the correction has a stronger effect! I'll ask a friend of mine to take a picture of it with/without correction! Curious myself
I think most if not all rendering engines uses ray tracing, so this stuff is actually implemented "automatically". Otherwise, the triple setup wont look right at all like you have shown earlier.
Yeah they all use this geometrical approach for the so called "Viewport".
But implementing triples isn't that easy, apparently. ACC lacked triple screen support for a long time and dirt rally never got it.
Maybe making the projection plane a curve isn't that straightforward... No idea honestly.
Shame we cannot implement it, would be so beneficial to my triples.:(
What do you mean Ernie? Triples are rendered correctly, aren't they? :cautious:

Yes and no, I do get some side distortion, the side monitors do not render perfectly with the front monitor. But I do have my side monitors at 60 something degrees . The reason is that I need the rig to be compact. Obviously I mess with the AC triple monitor setting, generally following the obvious, but the distance from monitor I adjust to 50cm to reflect a camera lens at 1:1 , this again I have been modifying to limit side distortion, but soon lose the will to live and keep it at 50 something cms. Then adjust the car settings per car.
It does not give me problems that actually affect my driving.

Yes and no, I do get some side distortion, the side monitors do not render perfectly with the front monitor. But I do have my side monitors at 60 something degrees . The reason is that I need the rig to be compact. Obviously I mess with the AC triple monitor setting, generally following the obvious, but the distance from monitor I adjust to 50cm to reflect a camera lens at 1:1 , this again I have been modifying to limit side distortion, but soon lose the will to live and keep it at 50 something cms. Then adjust the car settings per car.
It does not give me problems that actually affect my driving.
Aaah okay. Yeah I get what you mean! But implementing a curved projection plane wouldn't help with that.
Your issues are probably just a general issue with the angles and fov.

Latest News

Back