Removed by RSS

Cars Removed by RSS [Paid] 3.0

No permission to buy (€0.01)
Normal maps for the tires the pink normals main tex I left all 2k minimum ,
so even though the diffuse 1k the normals are still 2k gives maximum effect ,
also I saved all the textures 1k the diffuse as 8,8,8,8 uncompressed which dont give any dds bugs :) dxt5 is no use here .

Diffuse main logos 1024x1024 8,8,8,8 uncompressed 4mb ,
blur 512 8,8,8,8 uncompressed 1mb ,
normals main details 2048 png ,
normals blur 1024-512 png
also never save .dds with 12mipmaps only 1 mipmaps
d8dcd6afd4c05ca89d767213a8fe6b07.png
Yeah agree DXT5 is not good for fine details. My nVidia DDS plugin broke ages ago tried re-installing, etc. so using the Intel one which does DX11 compression formats (as well as uncompressed/DXT5/DXT3). I use BC7 fine which is indistinguishable from uncompressed to my eyes. Needs DX11 hardware (nvidia 500 series and above from what I can read), otherwise gets converted to uncompressed at runtime by DX11 framework. I've used it on at least the 4 car skins I've done = Lanzo Scream R-GT, Daytona #44 Audi, Bathurst #22/#74 Audis, #540 Bathurst Porsche, they've been downloaded 612, 203, 329 and 451 times respectively , and no complaints so seems to be all good.
Sizes for DDS BC7 fine are: 1k=1.3MB, 2K=5.3,4K=21.3. Intel plugin only has either generate mip maps or not so I have it on so it does do 12 unfortunately.

I'll ditch the 1K normals and use the 2K instead - the file size difference is negligible :)

:geek::geek::geek:

P.S. Sorry for the geek talk everyone else! :p

Perhaps a dumb question, but how do you get wet weather? I cannot choose that in AC launcher. Is it a special mod or something?
Yep it's Good and Bad Weather Suite by Peter Boese: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/good-and-bad-weather-suite.19484/updates Really needs content manager to get it to work as it should. Not even sure it would work with the stock launcher as for the spray effect it has to use custom partials (e.g. instead of mud when you go on the grass) which is not an option in the stock launcher.

Wich content manager do you use Dave?
Wasn't aware there was more than one! Not allowed to post a link here I think. A google search for "Assetto Corsa Content Manager" should be the top result. There's also a link on the racesimstudio site (that I just found) under "About Us" > "Partners". There is a free version which is slightly limited (no tracks management) but it's an amazing bit of software and well worth supporting anyway :)

I do have plans to update the app but it should work as is with FH2018 tires. You tell it where your tires are saved and where the car skins folder is and then choose which ones you want and it just copies all the files in the source folder to all the car skins. I am hoping to update it so you can choose tires per skin and have a random function with the ability to narrow it down (e.g. to 3 colours) - I just haven't had the chance to work on it yet been too busy skinning!
Here's the link to the app on RD: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ac-tirecolourpicker-v1-0.16457/

Just tried my tire app and it's not working for some reason I'll need to debug it but I suspect permissions issue (windows UAC) so I'll need to look at it. I'm not a developer so will take some figuring out :)

1K all tested so 33% towards being ready to release! ;) Some screens... These are all 1K textures with the 2K normals as CC suggested and I think look pretty good to start with:

Had to use the 'night' pp filter so the tread blur can be seen as the weather made it quite dark:

Artsy shot with vintage pp filter:

All 1K checked and all screenshots using the replay from my intermediate test lap in my earlier video.
Will get the rest checked tomorrow and should be released later on tomorrow hopefully :D

1K all tested so 33% towards being ready to release! ;) Some screens... These are all 1K textures with the 2K normals as CC suggested and I think look pretty good to start with:

Had to use the 'night' pp filter so the tread blur can be seen as the weather made it quite dark:

Artsy shot with vintage pp filter:

All 1K checked and all screenshots using the replay from my intermediate test lap in my earlier video.
Will get the rest checked tomorrow and should be released later on tomorrow hopefully :D
How did you end up with those solid bars in the blur ?, my tires dont have that bug :)
9851a4c9120f579fa945e9a505a535ac.png

How did you end up with those solid bars in the blur ?, my tires dont have that bug :)
9851a4c9120f579fa945e9a505a535ac.png
Actually they do... Just checked with your ones too ...

Same replay - same car, same track, same weather. Different pp filter.
It seems when the tire is rotating at slow speed - it ties to blend the static texture with the blur one - looks ok in motion, but not so good when it's paused. Presumably this is to do with the graphics engine and not the car.

I've now checked all my other screenshots of the 4K ones and can see it there too.. now I've seen it I can't un-see it :rolleyes:. It has to be a quirk of the graphics engine. I used the blur settings you said previously and they look similar to yours, except I think you blurred the details layer less(?).

I've just spent some time doing a comparison and it's on all of the tires to a greater or lesser extent. I think it is where the end of the texture is as it's rotating it is a quirk of the engine when paused, but can't be seen whilst in motion. It seems to depend on camera angle, dof, etc how visible it is to. Also less visible on yours as the colours aren't as bright. Barely visible but still there on FH tires as the bars don't run over the seam it's the text that is cut at the seam instead:

P.S. trying to stop a replay at the same place each time is not as easy as it sounds!

Am in 2 minds now... I could move the textures along and have the text over the seam like FH tires so it is less noticeable, but that would be a lot of work so will be a big delay.

Latest News

Back