RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the server (LMS R3) currently under maintenance or something? package not available error. It was working fine for me last night

edit: all good now...i went to the dry server and steam downloaded the missing files for me...can get into the LMS R3 server now

Last edited:
Anyone know what might be wrong with our skin? For some reason it looks corrupted.

Here's what it looks like in game:
View attachment 196042

And here's what it's supposed to look like in the showroom:
View attachment 196043
Have you tried emptying/deleting the "shaders" folder (and perhaps "cbash")? That often fixes many of the graphic-related issues.
DId you save the skin with mip maps? That could also be a reason if they are missing...:(
Hmmm, that's very strange! :cautious: When I tested all of the liveries yesterday, to ensure that they are compatible with DX11, everything looked fine to me so I'm not sure what this problem could be. I have also just tested it again, to verify that nothing has changed, and it still looks correct. :O_o:

RPM.jpg

As Sherwin has said, I would suggest clearing your Shaders directory in '<steam_install_dir>\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Log\Shaders', and also clear the RD Le Mans Series Season 7 folder in '<steam_install_dir>\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings' just in case there is a conflicting skin file that's causing this issue. (I have just done the same for the dedicated servers installs, just in case, but I have just checked your livery on R3 and DRY, as well as offline, and could not replicate the problem.) Finally, make sure that only v3.1 of the custom car / skin pack is installed; remove any old versions of the component.

Be sure to let us know how you get on. :thumbsup:

Hmmm, that's very strange! :cautious: When I tested all of the liveries yesterday, to ensure that they are compatible with DX11, everything looked fine to me so I'm not sure what this problem could be. I have also just tested it again, to verify that nothing has changed, and it still looks correct. :O_o:

View attachment 196068

As Sherwin has said, I would suggest clearing your Shaders directory in '<steam_install_dir>\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Log\Shaders', and also clear the RD Le Mans Series Season 7 folder in '<steam_install_dir>\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings' just in case there is a conflicting skin file that's causing this issue. (I have just done the same for the dedicated servers installs, just in case, but I have just checked your livery on R3 and DRY, as well as offline, and could not replicate the problem.) Finally, make sure that only v3.1 of the custom car / skin pack is installed; remove any old versions of the component.

Be sure to let us know how you get on. :thumbsup:
Thanks Damo! I'll give it a shot and let you know :D

Just a quick one, gravel traps - I know a lot of work has gone into them, but I experienced a strange one at T1 earlier. Ran too deep into 1 to test it, and the car literally stopped like it hit quick sand, not able to pull out of it either, engine overheated, poof. I don't know whether this is part of the change or just an issue so I thought it best to let you know. On the curbs, much better!!

Quick edit - I had also deleted the CBash before I had done so too so not sure why it happened!

Just a quick one, gravel traps - I know a lot of work has gone into them, but I experienced a strange one at T1 earlier. Ran too deep into 1 to test it, and the car literally stopped like it hit quick sand, not able to pull out of it either, engine overheated, poof. I don't know whether this is part of the change or just an issue so I thought it best to let you know. On the curbs, much better!!

Quick edit - I had also deleted the CBash before I had done so too so not sure why it happened!

Delete the Cbash folder again. Make sure you don't use track v1.02 any more.

where can I find the new mod to install? Can't enter the server this way
If you have subscribed to the private Steam Workshop group for the RDLMS (see here) then the resources will be automatically downloaded by Steam. If you have not done this then you can simply login to the server, and the missing components should be automatically downloaded and installed. There is also a direct download link to the custom car / skin pack in the opening post of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back