RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's important that we get back on track (see what I did there!) and focus on the event ahead. I understand that the track may be difficult to drive, I've voiced my concerns as have others, but starting a flame war and making trouble is not the way forward.

This series is perhaps one of the best out there, and has not been going for so long for no reason! It's the flagship series for a reason, and both RD, Virtua_LM and Enduracers have been doing an amazing job to put the track together, as well as the cars. The series is extremely well run, and we should be thankful that we have a modding team who understand issues and try to do what is best. You will never please everyone, but these guys have done there best and continue to do so.

So let's go out there and put together the best 24 hours of racing we can!!

You guys read my post?
Yes. :) Don't worry. ;)

I couldn't see the rain falling very well. I knew track was wet from the spray but couldn't see the change from going from wet -dry and vice-versa. Also with a drying track no dryline was appearing.
There was very mild 5% on/off rain on the server yesterday. Maybe not enough to see. We are all waiting for the wet screen effect. :rolleyes:
Dryline will appear eventually and the track will dry up. More cars on the server will speed up that process.

Anyway, If there is a thunderstorm passing by, you'll notice. :D
20170609165004_1.jpg

You guys read my post? Its a simple request to change the kerbing to i brighter shade if possible. Any feedback from the vid i did regarding the wet track?
Apologies for not responding sooner, I am currently at work.

Hi just driven on a wet track and take a look at this livestream earlier. I couldn't see the rain falling very well. I knew track was wet from the spray but couldn't see the change from going from wet -dry and vice-versa. Also with a drying track no dryline was appearing.
I ran this game on dx11 everything on max as PC can handle it and post effect on medium.
Also another note can the kerb colours be a bit brighter like say white and a lighter shade of blue or yellow? They look dull and a new lick of paint will probably help everyone seeing them better
Thank you for the report Daryl! :thumbsup: And cheers for also providing the video, it's incredibly helpful!

I have watched the video, and the reason why you cannot see the rain (towards the latter stages of the video) could be because the rainfall is only light, your option to see rain drops may be turned off, or it is due to a bug in the game. I shall need to investigate this issue further. I expect it is not related to your settings because when you exit to the monitor (at 1:01:02) it is possible to see the rain, so my guess is that you could not see it while driving because the rainfall was so light, it is still quite bright (there are blue skies, and the sun is still shining), and the windscreen of the car is dark enough to prevent these details from being seen. Also, as Gijs has said, wet windscreens have still not been implemented, so this would explain why you could not see raindrops on the car.

Regarding the dry-line, I can actually see this slowly developing (towards the middle part of the video) as you drive more laps. There are also dry patches on the circuit from the beginning that grow over time, especially under the Dunlop Bridge and towards the edges of the track. The reason why the dry-line was probably not so apparent is because you were the only person on the track, therefore it would take longer to appear; the more cars there are the faster a dry-line will become visible. There was not a chance for a clear dry-line to manifest as there were no other cars helping to clear the water and create one (before the rest of the track had dried), and all parts of the circuit were probably drying at a fairly similar rate.

Finally, the issue you have raised regarding the curbs is not the fault of the track, rather it is a problem that has existed in rFactor 2 for quite some time - when it rains the curbs become darker, and more difficult to see. You will notice that when it's dry / as it dries the curbs are / become much clearer and "brighter" compared to when it is wet. I appreciate that this is a bit of a pain, but repainting the curbs to increase their visibility will actually make little or no difference to improve the issue.

Hey guys I can't join the dry server for some reason, it says Data transfer timed out? The normal server is all fine. My teammate @Datsun4ever has the same issue. Just thought you might want to know about it.
upload_2017-6-9_19-13-43.png

Wasn't the "no rain" thing happen in Silverstone or Interlagos too? :O_o:
No Stefan, we literally had no rain. Rain was forecast but it never happened. On the server, Daryll is saying that the rain is hard to see, but it is raining :)
@Stefan Kanitz nope, there were no problems regarding the rain at either Interlagos or Silverstone. As Joseph has rightly said, even though it had initially been forecasted there was actually no rainfall at the circuit during the race. And even if the raindrops were not visible, if it had actually rained then the track would still have become wet but there was no time at which this happened. :thumbsup:

Hey guys I can't join the dry server for some reason, it says Data transfer timed out? The normal server is all fine. My teammate @Datsun4ever has the same issue. Just thought you might want to know about it.
View attachment 195818
Thank you very much for the heads up! :) I was experimenting with something earlier this afternoon, and had left the server in an invalid state. I have just restarted the DRY server (as well as the R3 server) so you should no longer see the error and will be able to join both of the servers. :thumbsup:

No Stefan, we literally had no rain. Rain was forecast but it never happened. On the server, Daryll is saying that the rain is hard to see, but it is raining :)

Sorry, I didn't express my self very well.
Wasn't it already a topic at some tracks? If iam not wrong there was/is already a "problem" with invisible rain on some tracks. And imo at least 1 of the 2 tracks have that problem.

Sorry, I didn't express my self very well.
Wasn't it already a topic at some tracks? If iam not wrong there was/is already a "problem" with invisible rain on some tracks. And imo at least 1 of the 2 tracks have that problem.
As far as I'm aware there are no problems with being able to see the rain at either Interlagos or Silverstone, certainly in their current state, though it may have been an issue in the past - I cannot recall. We'll be sure to keep our eye out for this problem at other tracks. But in the video sent by Daryl it is possible to see the raindrops when he returns to the monitor, so I do not believe that the issue is affecting this circuit; my guess is that it simply could not be seen because the rainfall was too light (i.e. not particularly heavy), and also the Aston Martin windscreen is quite dark so it could be difficult to see such detail. I have quickly conducted an offline test and can confirm that heavier rainfall at Le Mans would definitely be visible.

question for you fine lads...so my buddies and I have been doing some serious AC league stuff, and looking to branch out and do some rF2.
We are thinking of trying to sign up to be reserve drivers for Road America, and was wondering which version/mod of the track is used for this series so we can practice accordingly.

Cheers

For the track, i still dont know, but for the cars, we are using EnduRacers mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back