RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gearbox bug can be fixed with fixed RPM. It is a bug since rfactor 1. Can't be fixed due to not reproducable.
The car was definitely "different". For me it wasn't a big deal I could almost match my times, but for my teammate it was.
Sorry...can u explain in simple terms as im naive.."what is the bug?does it slow the car? All symptoms? What vehicles does it affect?". Cheers if u can buddy. I hope we all have a level playing field. :-(

Sorry...can u explain in simple terms as im naive.."what is the bug?does it slow the car? All symptoms? What vehicles does it affect?". Cheers if u can buddy. I hope we all have a level playing field. :-(

This "bug" moves your RPM. Let us suppose: If you shift at 7000 RPM or the first red LED light it can happen, after a driver swap, that you still shift at the first red light but it isnt 7000 RPM anymore but 7200 RPM or 6800 RPM. You will mainly notice it if you think the car doesnt "move forward" like before.
Dunno if it makes you slower. I think it do cause you are not use to it and it feels strange. It can happen to every vehicle after a driver swap.
In the early rfactor 1 stage there were cases where you had a RPM range like in Monaco after a swap. But it was mainly caused by pressing throttle during the swap.

guys, on live racers, if it says: incident 100 % next to a timed lap, does that suggest the person cut the track? how is an "incident" registered and measured?thanks
The "Max Incident" percentage is, in my opinion, not a particularly useful piece of information, and it does not necessarily indicate that a driver has cut the track. I believe an incident could be anything that is not deemed to be "normal" or "expected", such as a collision (with a wall / barrier, another car, or maybe even the curbs especially in their current state), going off the track / beyond the circuit boundaries (which may or may not be a cut, but may simply be clipping the grass), and maybe even locking your wheels. It is calculated and measured by the LiveRacers system based on the data received from the server (if you look at a results .xml file then you will see incidents being reported by the game). However I really would not read too much into the value because the strangest of things may be reported as an "incident" within / by the game, as you will see if you look at a results file, therefore it is not really often meaningful. For instance you may drive a "clean" lap, but the game may still register "incidents" if your car has "collided" with the curb, or bottomed out and hit the track surface.

74e46a4ce8.jpg

Special "French Livery" for LeMans? :sneaky:

One question from Silverstone. After the driver swap our gearbox doesn't match anymore with the Led lights, which is related to the none fixed RPM in the setup and a known issue since years. Does anyone had it too?
A really strange thing was that our setup never drove like it was in practice. Only after an incident and a repairing stop the car drove like it was in practice.
Same problem for us, and noticed to Daiman days ago.
We think there is a visual bug because in motec, gear ratio doesn't change.

With a base setup on our Oreca Nissan, The red light illuminates at 7750 rpm, but after driver swap, the red leds iluminate at 7350 rpm. Although the engine rpm continue to rise until 7750 rpm.

Moreover, even without making the swap. You can see the on board of our driver in the live monitor, and what you are seing in the rpm leds, it´s not the same as the driver is watching.on car.

In live monitor rpm reach the red zone 400 rpm sooner than it really is.

Why was the damage changed? It isn't consistent. The gt cars get the flack for the p2?
At every single event a P2 has driven into me. The last race the leading P2 in an empty track smashed me in the rear and spun me. No action blah blah.

guys, on live racers, if it says: incident 100 % next to a timed lap, does that suggest the person cut the track? how is an "incident" registered and measured?thanks
Well on my fastest time, it says incident 1 for example, so after reading this I checked the log.
It says "reported contact with part" and that was entering the straight and sliding on the kerb with the underside of the car.
On another driver it says " reported contact with immovable" which would be the wall or artificial kerb

Also, can we lower the damage on server? The past events were lower damage. I tap the wall and the car is badly damaged now?
The damage multiplier has actually been way too low for the previous events, so we have increased it to improve the realism factor. Maybe it is a little bit too high now, but I certainly experienced no problems when testing last night - I still found it to be quite forgiving. I can reduce it a little, but am reluctant to decrease it too much as it is intended to prevent (or at least deter) reckless driving and unnecessary risk taking from both classes.

Why was the damage changed? It isn't consistent. The gt cars get the flack for the p2?
It has been changed because previously it was definitely too low, and drivers were beginning to abuse this fact by taking bigger risks than they ought to. So we are just trying to create an even playing field for everyone; this is in no way intended to penalise the GT teams. The conditions, rules and restrictions are the same for everyone, so all participants are affected in the same way; no team or driver, in either class, gains an advantage or is disadvantaged more than any other as a result of this change.

You have complained about being affected as a GT car by P2 drivers being impatient, so we have increased the damage multiplier to make drivers think before taking risks, but then you also complain about being punished by the damage multiplier when you hit a wall. We cannot apply different rules for the two classes as this would not work or be fair, nor is it technically possible. So by increasing the damage level we have tried to make it more equal - cars should no longer be able to get away with causing an incident - and ensured that drivers are more wary about the way in which they behave on track. The unfortunate consequence is that damage will now be heavier if you hit a wall or barrier. But ultimately you cannot have it both ways.

At every single event a P2 has driven into me. The last race the leading P2 in an empty track smashed me in the rear and spun me. No action blah blah.
I'm sorry to hear this, but we review each reported incident on a case by case basis and thoroughly analyse the replay to determine a fair outcome. There have been plenty of times when we have ruled in your favour, but at the same time there have been cases when a collision has been deemed to be a racing incident, because neither driver has been at fault or both have been equally at fault. The task is more stressful than you may think, as there is the pressure of making a decision and making sure it is the right one, and while doing this we will almost certainly receive more incident reports so it's non-stop. By increasing the damage multiplier we will hopefully reduce the number of such incidents.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you about this matter though as the decision we have made (not only in this case, but all cases) has been properly deliberated and is intended to be in the best interest of everyone involved, not to mention that I have more important things to be getting on with in preparation for the next race and also my trip to Le Mans. So if you do not like the way in which we are dealing with incident reports during a race then there is a simple solution - withdraw yourself from the league. Sorry, this may sound harsh, but I am fed up of dealing with all of this bickering, and claims / insinuations that we are being unfair, biased, inconsiderate and ignorant.

A general word on passing between P2 and GT cars.
Please read the rules and know that Blue flags do not apply between different classes.
This means that if you are in the faster P2 car no GT car owes you any favours, isn't required to slow or move offline to facilitate your pass. In fact its better he doesn't as the racing line is predictable and constant. Funky "Helpful" moves are not.

The second thing is for P2 drivers is to be aware that despite the GT car being slower it is on its limit. It might be driven by a faster driver than you its just a slower car. So.....
Once it has arrived at its braking marker it is committed and has no descretion as to line. It needs all of the width of the road incl Apex and width at exit.
If you dive under a GT under brakes YOU need to be sure you will be clear B4 the apex or you Will have caused a collision as the GT will need the apex.
Likewise on corner exit he will run wide so on exit its better to go under than it is around.

Just some thoughts to get drivers thinking. Of course just my views.

The damage multiplier has actually been way too low for the previous events, so we have increased it to improve the realism factor. Maybe it is a little bit too high now, but I certainly experienced no problems when testing last night - I still found it to be quite forgiving. I can reduce it a little, but am reluctant to decrease it too much as it is intended to prevent (or at least deter) reckless driving and unnecessary risk taking from both classes.

It has been changed because previously it was definitely too low, and drivers were beginning to abuse this fact by taking bigger risks than they ought to. So we are just trying to create an even playing field for everyone; this is in no way intended to penalise the GT teams. The conditions, rules and restrictions are the same for everyone, so all participants are affected in the same way; no team or driver, in either class, gains an advantage or is disadvantaged more than any other as a result of this change.

You have complained about being affected as a GT car by P2 drivers being impatient, so we have increased the damage multiplier to make drivers think before taking risks, but then you also complain about being punished by the damage multiplier when you hit a wall. We cannot apply different rules for the two classes as this would not work or be fair, nor is it technically possible. So by increasing the damage level we have tried to make it more equal - cars should no longer be able to get away with causing an incident - and ensured that drivers are more wary about the way in which they behave on track. The unfortunate consequence is that damage will now be heavier if you hit a wall or barrier. But ultimately you cannot have it both ways.

I'm sorry to hear this, but we review each reported incident on a case by case basis and thoroughly analyse the replay to determine a fair outcome. There have been plenty of times when we have ruled in your favour, but at the same time there have been cases when a collision has been deemed to be a racing incident, because neither driver has been at fault or both have been equally at fault. The task is more stressful than you may think, as there is the pressure of making a decision and making sure it is the right one, and while doing this we will almost certainly receive more incident reports so it's non-stop. By increasing the damage multiplier we will hopefully reduce the number of such incidents.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you about this matter though as the decision we have made (not only in this case, but all cases) has been properly deliberated and is intended to be in the best interest of everyone involved, not to mention that I have more important things to be getting on with in preparation for the next race and also my trip to Le Mans. So if you do not like the way in which we are dealing with incident reports during a race then there is a simple solution - withdraw yourself from the league. Sorry, this may sound harsh, but I am fed up of dealing with all of this bickering, and claims / insinuations that we are being unfair, biased, inconsiderate and ignorant.
Just to clarify,
I got a penalty at the last race which I served. I don't remember the lots of times?
Also to clarify the gt vs p2 argument, if I'm hit by a P2 now all that means is basically every lap I box to repair the damage? Good on that note I encourage every Gt car that is hit by a P2 to press escape and quit. Maybe then you will not be so bored with people moaning because the race will collapse live on twitch and then it WILL have to be addressed.
When the P2 hit me it was leading the race!! Would vettel need to call Charlie or would Charlie see and say not on my watch son, there you go drive through for being stupid.
Your attitude toward me in this matter seems hostile? Maybe because I have made fair points? Made it awkward?
Tbh I am getting as frustrated as you with this competion. The lights don't work clearly but we are told it's our issue? Any problem it's our issue. Really? Seriously why not place 40 P2 cars in the race and have done.

A general word on passing between P2 and GT cars.
Please read the rules and know that Blue flags do not apply between different classes.
This means that if you are in the faster P2 car no GT car owes you any favours, isn't required to slow or move offline to facilitate your pass. In fact its better he doesn't as the racing line is predictable and constant. Funky "Helpful" moves are not.

The second thing is for P2 drivers is to be aware that despite the GT car being slower it is on its limit. It might be driven by a faster driver than you its just a slower car. So.....
Once it has arrived at its braking marker it is committed and has no descretion as to line. It needs all of the width of the road incl Apex and width at exit.
If you dive under a GT under brakes YOU need to be sure you will be clear B4 the apex or you Will have caused a collision as the GT will need the apex.
Likewise on corner exit he will run wide so on exit its better to go under than it is around.

Just some thoughts to get drivers thinking. Of course just my views.
David,
It's been discussed before every race the Gt cars stay on line. They do and some fool comes up behind flashing the lights trying to force you off track. Well I'm afraid the P2 that does it this time will be in the wall with me.

David,
It's been discussed before every race the Gt cars stay on line. They do and some fool comes up behind flashing the lights trying to force you off track. Well I'm afraid the P2 that does it this time will be in the wall with me.

Mark I understand your frustration, because I made the same points in the previous races, also having scored a DNF in Interlagos because of a conctact on the straight.
But try also to understand the position in which Damian and all the other stewards are. They can just deal with crashes when they occur during the race, they cannot prevent them in any way but trying to increase damage % in order to discourage reckless driving by both classes.
I'm sure they know by now how to assign penalties once they review the contacts. You just have to hope P2 drivers will be a little more careful and, on your hand, being careful too during those manuvers. And if you loose time, remember it's a 24h race. As I hope p2 drivers will remember.

Steam Id (display name): Discovery.Tv
RD Forum name: Erhan Jajovski
RDLMS Team number & name: Talking Door Racing, #008

#8 Talking Door Racing | Ligier JS P2 Nissan | @David Armstrong, @Chark, @SK, @Tobias Röhner

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rdlms-s7-sign-up.115668/

You can now change your line-up by replying to this thread using the following template:

Team name*:
Team owner*: (real name)
Team owner forum name*: (@forum name)
Drivers out:
Drivers in: (real name, @forum name)

*Mandatory

David,
I'm sure it has been.
I raced in a 12 hour at Sebring in a GT car another league and even a junior administrator/organiser did not fully comprehend that lapped traffic was his to avoid when he was LMP1.
I started a conversation in there after the test race and b4 the main race making these exact points to stimulate discussion and awareness.
Everyone who mattered was on the same page, that one guy did the dive up the inside while leading and caused contact and got a stop go. 1 lap later he rage quit.
Job done. ;)
So just playing the same game here. More discussion, more awareness.

Here is the video that increased awareness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back