RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a penalty at the last race which I served. I don't remember the lots of times?
OK, you may have received a penalty but this would have been after the incident had been properly reviewed. But if you remember we also spent the entirety of the race at Silverstone just clearing your penalties due to the issue with the cut detection (not our fault, but a problem with a game) without actually checking whether or not you had actually exceeded the track boundaries, so in this case we were also doing you a favour. I know that some league administration would have simply said "don't go off the track, and if you do then you will have to serve your penalty."

Also to clarify the gt vs p2 argument, if I'm hit by a P2 now all that means is basically every lap I box to repair the damage? Good on that note I encourage every Gt car that is hit by a P2 to press escape and quit. Maybe then you will not be so bored with people moaning because the race will collapse live on twitch and then it WILL have to be addressed.
Well that may be the case, but the P2 car will also sustain damage so neither of you will fare better than the other. So the idea is to make P2 drivers think before they make a risky move that could result in damage. Therefore I believe that we have addressed the issue, and I have also acknowledged that maybe the damage multiplier is a little too high so will be happy to turn it down a little.

Meanwhile, encouraging teams to quit, and willing the event to fail - that's very grown up of you, well done!

When the P2 hit me it was leading the race!! Would vettel need to call Charlie or would Charlie see and say not on my watch son, there you go drive through for being stupid.
When there is only one, maybe two people in the live stewards box how can you expect us to watch all 40 cars at all times during the race?! Please, if you would like to volunteer to keep an eye on the race and all of the teams, monitor the server and related applications, resolve issues, and deal with incidents for 6 / 12 / 24 hours straight then please be my guest. We have made it very clear since the beginning of the season that we will only really deal with incidents that are reported, but if there are any significant issues (a crash due to careless driving and impatience) that we come across then we will take action.

Your attitude toward me in this matter seems hostile? Maybe because I have made fair points? Made it awkward?
Seriously Mark, you need to get over yourself! I have made it very clear how we make our decisions and what the reasoning is behind them. Increasing the damage multiplier is completely justified, and I have provided a legitimate explanation for why we have taken this action and what the effect will be. Please tell me, what are the "fair points" that you have raised to make this "awkward" - I'm at a loss.

If you think that being passive aggressive will help to get things done then you are very much mistaken, because we are already doing as much as we can to ensure that the league and each race is a success.

Tbh I am getting as frustrated as you with this competion.
Well if that's the case then once again I would recommend withdrawing from the series! And I can assure you that it's a damn sight more frustrating sitting at my PC for hours on a daily basis arguing and dealing with people like you instead of doing something useful - it's like having a second job, except it is voluntary and completely thankless. I became involved in this league because it's something that interest, and I was only supposed to be responsible for technical matters. As it happens I have been left to effectively organise the league on my own, with some assistance from others in the lead up to and during an event, which is certainly not what I had planned. And constantly having to deal with your obnoxious attitude is certainly not what I signed up for.

I'm more than happy to receive and respond to constructive criticism, but you are simply raising issues for your own benefit and because you are concerned about being disadvantaged in some way - it's outright selfish! What you have failed to consider is that everyone is affected in the same way by the decisions that we make, and that we consider their impact on all of the teams before choosing whether or not to go ahead; as I have said already, we make decisions in the best interest of all participants, and do not intend to disadvantage anyone in any way.

If you like I can reduce the damage multiplier back to 40%, but don't then complain to me when a P2 car then hits you because the driver decided to take a stupid risk knowing that he would probably sustain no damage.

The lights don't work clearly but we are told it's our issue? Any problem it's our issue. Really? Seriously why not place 40 P2 cars in the race and have done.
Seriously, I do not know what you want me to tell you! How can we take responsibility for and fix something over which we have no control? I will repeat it again, because you seem to have not understood - there was a problem with the game and the issue was resolved as part of a recent patch for the DX11 build. I thoroughly tested both the Aston Martin and Corvette yesterday evening, while it was twilight and night time in the game, and I experienced no problems at all with lighting, which suggests that neither of the resources are at fault for the issues that you are seeing! Any dark patches appeared realistic, and even then it was possible to clearly see the track (and differentiate between different parts of the track) while in the shadows and when driving in the dark.

OK, you may have received a penalty but this would have been after the incident had been properly reviewed. But if you remember we also spent the entirety of the race at Silverstone just clearing your penalties due to the issue with the cut detection (not our fault, but a problem with a game) without actually checking whether or not you had actually exceeded the track boundaries, so in this case we were also doing you a favour. I know that some league administration would have simply said "don't go off the track, and if you do then you will have to serve your penalty."

Well that may be the case, but the P2 car will also sustain damage so neither of you will fare better than the other. So the idea is to make P2 drivers think before they make a risky move that could result in damage. Therefore I believe that we have addressed the issue, and I have also acknowledged that maybe the damage multiplier is a little too high so will be happy to turn it down a little.

Meanwhile, encouraging teams to quit, and willing the event to fail - that's very grown up of you, well done!

When there is only one, maybe two people in the live stewards box how can you expect us to watch all 40 cars at all times during the race?! Please, if you would like to volunteer to keep an eye on the race and all of the teams, monitor the server and related applications, resolve issues, and deal with incidents for 6 / 12 / 24 hours straight then please be my guest. We have made it very clear since the beginning of the season that we will only really deal with incidents that are reported, but if there are any significant issues (a crash due to careless driving and impatience) that we come across then we will take action.

Seriously Mark, you need to get over yourself! I have made it very clear how we make our decisions and what the reasoning is behind them. Increasing the damage multiplier is completely justified, and I have provided a legitimate explanation for why we have taken this action and what the effect will be. Please tell me, what are the "fair points" that you have raised to make this "awkward" - I'm at a loss.

If you think that being passive aggressive will help to get things done then you are very much mistaken, because we are already doing as much as we can to ensure that the league and each race is a success.

Well if that's the case then once again I would recommend withdrawing from the series! And I can assure you that it's a damn sight more frustrating sitting at my PC for hours on a daily basis arguing and dealing with people like you instead of doing something useful - it's like having a second job, except it is voluntary and completely thankless. I became involved in this league because it's something that interest, and I was only supposed to be responsible for technical matters. As it happens I have been left to effectively organise the league on my own, with some assistance from others in the lead up to and during an event, which is certainly not what I had planned. And constantly having to deal with your obnoxious attitude is certainly not what I signed up for.

I'm more than happy to receive and respond to constructive criticism, but you are simply raising issues for your own benefit and because you are concerned about being disadvantaged in some way - it's outright selfish! What you have failed to consider is that everyone is affected in the same way by the decisions that we make, and that we consider their impact on all of the teams before choosing whether or not to go ahead; as I have said already, we make decisions in the best interest of all participants, and do not intend to disadvantage anyone in any way.

If you like I can reduce the damage multiplier back to 40%, but don't then complain to me when a P2 car then hits you because the driver decided to take a stupid risk knowing that he would probably sustain no damage.

Seriously, I do not know what you want me to tell you! How can we take responsibility for and fix something over which we have no control? I will repeat it again, because you seem to have not understood - there was a problem with the game and the issue was resolved as part of a recent patch for the DX11 build. I thoroughly tested both the Aston Martin and Corvette yesterday evening, while it was twilight and night time in the game, and I experienced no problems at all with lighting, which suggests that neither of the resources are at fault for the issues that you are seeing! Any dark patches appeared realistic, and even then it was possible to clearly see the track (and differentiate between different parts of the track) while in the shadows and when driving in the dark.
No actually so wrong again, before you flame me get the facts correct it's not very hard. I GOT A DRIVE THROUGH AND SERVED IT ONCE!! some of my team had the corner cuts taken away not me I just served it as no one was on my radio at the time. Same reason drillers were not done for the impact.
Me passive aggressive? Are you smoking heroin or joking? I will wait for you to reply before I do on that score!
Also due to YOUR aggressive nature of unable to answer questions that are valid I will drop out of the competion without a problem. I will find my team a driver. I really cannot justify racing under these conditions.
I have NEVER had so many issues with crashes ECT in a league that has "120 of the best drivers"
Because you don't win the arguement feel free to ban me or whatever no problem at all Damien.
Before you start another one of these make sure your ship is in order, the 5 P's
Preparation
Prevents
Piss
Poor
Performance

I can definitely understand Mark's Points. And have to step to his side.
There will always be incidents when slower and faster cars are on track. No questions. But the question is HOW the incidents happen. It's not like "I braked to late and hit his rear" its more like going into a gap which isn't there or, what I have seen several times in the last 2 races, is that the LMP's joining the racing line way to early. In 90% of the cases which I saw the GT was still next to the LMP where the LMP rejoined the racing line. And tbh that's a point which don't have to happen at all. I can just join the line again if iam 20 meters in front of the GT, and not next to him. If we as GT drivers wouldn't turn our brain on to let the LMP's through the none existing gap there would be way more incidents.

You are quite within your rights to make a formal complaint as long as it is done correctly, But i fail to see what you have to complain about, all you question have been answered fully by our staff,
And im not going over old ground again for the sake of it. either here or in a pm.

I hope you will stay for the duration of the league, but understand if you feel its not for you.
please let a member of staff know and we can deal with the request.

With thanks Rupe

Let's keep it civil, if you got a complaint you can send a PM to me and we will work it out.
With due respect I would like to make a formal complaint to the website owner. Once home I will prepare my formal complaint regarding my complaint and forward it in accordance with a normal complaints procedure.
With all the respect in the world, I am a customer of racedepartment and to be called "obnoxious" and "people like you" doesn't cut it in the world of business which this site is regulated by.
What is the address of the owner of racedepartment?

I'm sure it has been.
I raced in a 12 hour at Sebring in a GT car another league and even a junior administrator/organiser did not fully comprehend that lapped traffic was his to avoid when he was LMP1.
I started a conversation in there after the test race and b4 the main race making these exact points to stimulate discussion and awareness.
Everyone who mattered was on the same page, that one guy did the dive up the inside while leading and caused contact and got a stop go. 1 lap later he rage quit.
Job done. ;)
So just playing the same game here. More discussion, more awareness.

Here is the video that increased awareness.
David
Thanks for this, it's so informative and should be a sticky and racers asked to view it before racing.
We have been team mates in the past and you ran the league very very well. I enjoyed the league you ran and little issues were discussed as you say with all being equal.

With due respect I would like to make a formal complaint to the website owner. Once home I will prepare my formal complaint regarding my complaint and forward it in accordance with a normal complaints procedure.
With all the respect in the world, I am a customer of racedepartment and to be called "obnoxious" and "people like you" doesn't cut it in the world of business which this site is regulated by.
What is the address of the owner of racedepartment?
You can PM either Bram or Frank, Mark.

Other than that, I think we can go back to normal and concentrate on the important stuff which is the race. Right-o?

David
Thanks for this, it's so informative and should be a sticky and racers asked to view it before racing.
We have been team mates in the past and you ran the league very very well. I enjoyed the league you ran and little issues were discussed as you say with all being equal.
Well thats kind of you but while great fun, running the RD Xbox league was a walk in the park compared to an endurance season in RF2.
Mod? Decided for us
Classes? Only one available.
Track selection? Same
Tech issues? Codemasters and Microsofts problem.
Drivers 15 or 16 vs 200.
Work behind the scenes? Almost nil.

Despite its relative ease , We did still manage to have several people spit the dummy out at various times and ppl were not always in agreement.

Just to clarify, if you don't agree with a decision made in the race, you still have limited time to file a report to me via a PM. I will then reevaluate the situation.

If there is no report in time we can't help you anymore.

The other issues that are described in this thread are being worked on by Studio 397 and us, so thank you all for the feedback, improvements are incoming.

18954867_789997711159844_3478179421040279952_o.jpg

Atlantic Motorsport RDLMS Le Mans 24H special livery! :thumbsup:

I just want to jump in and say the LMP behavior for me has been very decent. I've driven 4 hours at Interlagos and 4,5 at Silverstone and I don't think I've had contact yet. There will always be some accidents in multiclass racing but I don't think lowering damage like the last 2 races will help with the problem.

So to counteract the previous messages, thanks Daiman for running this league by yourself, there's been a lot of improvement since the test races. Also thanks Gijs for trying to fix the curbs which has always been an issue on this version of the tracks, in other leagues too.

Hope to see you all at the end in 2 weeks, if you take it easy and have no incidents you'll have a good shot at winning it :)

Hi just driven on a wet track and take a look at this livestream earlier. I couldn't see the rain falling very well. I knew track was wet from the spray but couldn't see the change from going from wet -dry and vice-versa. Also with a drying track no dryline was appearing.
I ran this game on dx11 everything on max as PC can handle it and post effect on medium.
Also another note can the kerb colours be a bit brighter like say white and a lighter shade of blue or yellow? They look dull and a new lick of paint will probably help everyone seeing them better

Oh my god. Please quote me where I say 20kph. Look I have much better things to do with my life.
And 20 kph, is 12 miles per hour. If you are realistically telling me if I crash My personal car at 12mph it will be effected I am beyond words. I can go outside get in it and drive it into everything with maybe a scuff
Oh my god. Please quote me where I say 20kph. Look I have much better things to do with my life.

Mark we are going to end the discussion here. As Frank posted above me you had 24 hours to get into contact with the steward after the race and you failed to do so. Everything said and done afterwards is irrelevant.

There are a bunch of drivers and teams enjoying the RDLMS greatly and they are now silenced by this ongoing discussion. So from this post onward we are going back to the topic at hand: the awesome upcoming 24 hours of Le Mans of which you will no longer be part of.

You asked to be banned/removed or whatever but we have decided to refund you 100% as you are clearly not satisfied.

At the rest of the drivers, let the #LM24 preview banter begin. We are looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back