RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we ask enduracers if they could enhance the lights themselves? There's obviously something going on there so it would only improve their mod, which surely they would be all for?

It is really difficult to see in dusk and dawn and not overly ideal in the night so it's going to make it a very long 12 hours or so with night and transitions

I know nothing about modding but surely it wouldn't take that long? I'm just worried that with some of these kerbs being a bit rough, having a distinct lack of light will exacerbate the problem. I know we're all in the same situation but it's a 24 hour race....

After celebrating a class win(GTE) and championship at Le Mans the other day somewhere else, I am looking for another go for 24 hours.

It's been a long time since my last endurance event at RD, which was the RDLMS season finale in 2013. I was part of the one-off THR P2-Acura that won it's class at Le Mans.

Usually quite quick(although no alien) while being very, very consistent.

Both GTE and P2 would be okay with me.

Currently just looking at being able to do Le Mans, maybe more if a team needs me.

Thus waiting with going Premium.

I have to mention that due to other league involvement and the trip to the real event at Le Mans the week before, I might have limited testing time.

Hello, The Real Championship would be interested to participate in your championship, is it too late to participate in Le Mans? Or have we still a chance to be able to have a place?
We have a full crew, ready to run in p2 or gt according to what the organization will tell us we are ready to pass in prenium. sorry for my English ;)

Last edited:
Hello, The Real Championship would be interested to participate in your championship, is it too late to participate in Le Mans? Or have we still a chance to be able to have a place?
Hi J.dubois, you can still register to take part in the championship, but the entry list is currently full so you would be placed in the reserves list for Round 4. The entry list is now closed for Round 3, so even if there is a vacancy then you will not be able to participate in the Thrustmaster 24 Hours of Le Mans - I'm sorry.

We have a full crew, ready to run in p2 or gt according to what the organization will tell us we are ready to pass in prenium. sorry for my English ;)
There is no need to apologise, I understood exactly what you meant. :) Apologies I could not be more helpful.

The track, as it is right now, it's not suitable for a 24h race here on RD.
The curbs are just wrong, slippery, catchy an too bumpy. Trying to avoid them is possible, sure, but not for 24h in race condition. Going out of the ideal line for a GT results in many occasions in a nasty crash. The sand is like and iced lake.
Try to remember how interlagos and silverstone were designed and still how many contacts and crashes we had during those races. This track is already difficult to drive in practice, there's little visibility for most of the time, add 40 cars, various relatively unexperiences drivers in P2s and GTs (no offence intended), shake for 24h and you have a nice Crash Martini cocktail to broadcast.
I'm not the most experienced and I'm far from being the fastest driver, but I never had so much hard time keeping the car on track while trying to keep my pace.
You can say "it's the same for everyone, you're not disadvantaged more than anyone", but that's exactly my point.

Still, no offence intended to admins, I just want to forecast what will likely be the situation in the current conditions.

Yes it is difficult to drive. But I don't think it is related to the track. It's more the setup you drive. It's almost all about topspeed. Minimum downforce and no grip. Apart from that. You have to hold the racing line and the LMP have to pass you. It's more dangerous for the LMP as for you. As well as there are 3 long possibilities for lapping other cars. You will meet some lmps in sector 3 yes but not that much.

IMO: GT cars are more difficult to handle then the LMP's. Especially at this track. Curbs are the least of their worries

If there is a fix for the curbs: RD should swap the king class to the GT's. :cool:

LMP drivers should be the best out there. Prove it. :cautious: :)
Cmon Gijs... after all, it'll be 40 cars and 200 drivers on track in this 24h race, if we can avoid traps like those kerbs, it'll be better for all of us.

I'm normally all for an unforgiving track and track limits, but those kerbs don't really need to be there anyway, especially in the Porsche curves, where the ones that kill you are adjacent to a flat out section.

I have a question regarding the physical driver swap. I am planning on doing the next race, 6 hours of Road America, and I am planning on doing a physical driver swap with my dad. I think there is a big flaw in the regulation. It is stated that at least 1 driver swap be performed during the race. However, there is nothing saying that there should be a maximum amount of time one driver can drive during a single stint.

I can, theoretically, "cheat" by just announce and make one driver swap and take the 5 second penalty that is mandatory with a physical driver swap and then never really announce a driver swap ever again even though I will make more driver swaps. Since there is no limit for a stint duration, I can just make one driver swap, take a 5 second penalty just once and that's it. Am I missing something in here? If anyone could clarify this for me, I would appreciate it. :)

Im not sure how this could be policed.
I think that maybe professional teams could benefit e.g.imagine redline did this at a fanatec rig.lol all aliens. However if its u and ur dad only, ur likely at a massive disadvantage for having to endure so man y hours of back/bum cheek pain sharing the workload that i will happily let u have a head start lol

I have a question regarding the physical driver swap. I am planning on doing the next race, 6 hours of Road America, and I am planning on doing a physical driver swap with my dad. I think there is a big flaw in the regulation. It is stated that at least 1 driver swap be performed during the race. However, there is nothing saying that there should be a maximum amount of time one driver can drive during a single stint.

I can, theoretically, "cheat" by just announce and make one driver swap and take the 5 second penalty that is mandatory with a physical driver swap and then never really announce a driver swap ever again even though I will make more driver swaps. Since there is no limit for a stint duration, I can just make one driver swap, take a 5 second penalty just once and that's it. Am I missing something in here? If anyone could clarify this for me, I would appreciate it. :)
I'd say, since there is no physical prize for winning and we're all gentlemen and premium members, there's really no need to cheat the system like that :p

I'd say, since there is no physical prize for winning and we're all gentlemen and premium members, there's really no need to cheat the system like that :p

Even without prizes, people will do anything to win. ;)

This could have easily been solved by restricting the time of a single stint of a driver(maximum of 1 or 2 hours per stint). I think in real life they have something like this. Problem is, a lot more work for the stewards, having to keep track of who's done which stints and for how long. Or, remove physical driver swaps would be the easy way to solve this. Personally, I won't be taking advantage of the flaw due to only entering the league late and having no chance at all to fight for the championship.

Maybe in the next season, this can be improved/solved. Well, time to get testing and get ready. :D

Is there really no way we can contact Enduracers about the headlights issue? We have about 3 weeks for them to send a patch or something? I remember there was a mod that was around for rfactor that gave xenon style lights could that work with rfactor2 or are the files different to the rfactor?

Thank you for the information, we will therefore engage a car in the topic registration, should we pass in prenium of now or wait for the validation to be ensured to roll?

I've heard there is a TV tower plugin that works with DX11 and isn't league private.
That might simply be an overlay of some sort which listens for data from a plugin, but I would not expect the plugin itself to be rendered within / by the game because this would not work with DX11. Also I have tried to search for a tool / plugin with this name, but had no luck. If you happen to know where it could be found, or if you come across it again at any point it would be greatly appreciated if you could please send me a link. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back