RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind the sectors being as long as they are, at the end of the day it's part and parcel of having an incredibly long circuit and raw speed will not be as important during the 24 hours as it is elsewhere. That said, the short sector 2 confused me a little.

Hi staff. Is the formation lap counted as part of the 24 hour running please?

Also, does anyone know...do driver swap take place alongside refuelling or in addition to?
I can confirm that, for Round 3 at Le Mans (as well as all remaining rounds of the series), the start procedure will be part of the 24 hours (or the duration of subsequent rounds) defined as the race time. No additional time shall be included either at the beginning of the race, or during a restart (if there is a server crash) for the formation lap. This was also the case for previous rounds, so we do not now intend to make any (further) changes.

Regarding driver swaps, based on testing conducted at the beginning of the season this will add ~5 seconds to your pit-stop time, and this is (or certainly was, before the update) the same for all cars. Now that EnduRacers have released a new version of the Endurance Series mod this will need to be verified again in case there have been any changes, though my guess is that it is still the same. I will try to do some testing this weekend, but it would be much appreciated if somebody else could also give this a go and provide feedback.

View attachment 194023

Is this normal because of the server or am I having a issue?

Thanks.
I'm having the same issue with the DRY server. The race server works for me though :thumbsup:
Apologies, this is entirely my fault, due to the way in which I setup the servers. I created two server mods (vMods) with the same name and version number (one for each of the R3 and DRY servers, because they are currently using different versions of the track), which is causing a conflict and this error. I did correct this the other day, by creating another vMod with a different name for the DRY server, but if you accessed either one of the two servers prior to the update, or if you are part of the Steam Workshop group for the RDLMS, then there are some simple steps you can take in order to be able to access both servers.

@Pablo Flores as you have not joined the private Steam Workshop group you will need to uninstall the vMod named 'RDLMS Test @ Le Mans' - v1.0 - via the package manager (in the rF2 Launcher) before you can access both servers.

@Joakim Stensnæs out of curiosity, when did you last attempt to access the DRY server? I would just like to verify if this was before or after I made the correction. If you try again now can you access the DRY server as well as the R3 server without any issues?

In spite of this, I plan to update the DRY server again tomorrow morning to use the same resources and vMod as the R3 server (as there do not seem to be any issues of significance with the current version of the custom Le Mans circuit mod for the RDLMS) at which point this will no longer be a problem. Apologies for the mistake, and the inconvenience.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced it yet or had the same issue, but some of these curbs have ridiculous 'scoops' on them which act like a ramp. This isn't necessarily on the side walls of the curb, but their abrupt beginning. In any other race I'd understand and take it as a 'be more careful' response, but the LMP2 cars and possibly the GT cars end up spinning directly across the track both just after Indionapolis and at the exit of the Porsche curves, this could create huge incidents, and with a race being so long, some mistakes will always be made. This makes it somewhat dangerous. Just thought I should bring it up!

I don't know if anyone else has experienced it yet or had the same issue, but some of these curbs have ridiculous 'scoops' on them which act like a ramp. This isn't necessarily on the side walls of the curb, but their abrupt beginning. In any other race I'd understand and take it as a 'be more careful' response, but the LMP2 cars and possibly the GT cars end up spinning directly across the track both just after Indionapolis and at the exit of the Porsche curves, this could create huge incidents, and with a race being so long, some mistakes will always be made. This makes it somewhat dangerous. Just thought I should bring it up!
Exciting stuff! :sneaky:

Anybody who has ever driven this track has probably at some point complained about the curbs,if not out loud then at least in there own head.I know nothing about track building,but i can only assume it must not be that easy to fix,else it would have been done so by now.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Assuming you mean what I think you mean then I would like to begin by saying that this has been a long-standing "issue" with this track, and a number of other tracks also exhibit a similar problem. As Matt has said, the fact that this has not been fixed already would suggest it is not necessarily something that can be easily resolved. However, if you could provide us with a video clip of the problem occurring then I can confirm whether or not we are referring to the same thing, and we (the organisers and development team) shall definitely take a look at the track (and specifically these curbs) to see what we can do - there is no harm in at least taking a look! ;)

In the meantime I would suggest tweaking your setup - specifically the camber angle and maybe also the tyre pressures - as this could potentially help to alleviate the problem. I know that this may not be ideal, but if there is no fix then a slightly modified setup may help to prevent you from spinning if / when you hit the 'scoop' on the curb.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Assuming you mean what I think you mean then I would like to begin by saying that this has been a long-standing "issue" with this track, and a number of other tracks also exhibit a similar problem. As Matt has said, the fact that this has not been fixed already would suggest it is not necessarily something that can be easily resolved. However, if you could provide us with a video clip of the problem occurring then I can confirm whether or not we are referring to the same thing, and we (the organisers and development team) shall definitely take a look at the track (and specifically these curbs) to see what we can do - there is no harm in at least taking a look! ;)

In the meantime I would suggest tweaking your setup - specifically the camber angle and maybe also the tyre pressures - as this could potentially help to alleviate the problem. I know that this may not be ideal, but if there is no fix then a slightly modified setup may help to prevent you from spinning if / when you hit the 'scoop' on the curb.

Thank you for the reply, I hope it didn't sound silly and I'm pretty sure it's already been brought up but I thought I would just in case it hasn't or on the off-chance something could be done!

I'll get a video of it and upload it and send it over to you on this threat tomorrow when I get the chance to head on :) With the bumpy nature of the circuit, were running fairly high ride-heights, but I'll definitely check tyre pressures and camber too. If you stay on line it's not an issue, but on the odd lap where you may need to avoid an accident or you make a mistake through either Indianapolis of out of the Porsche Curves, that is only when it arises.

Many things can be said about the #118 RMI Motorsport Ferrari for Le Mans, but one thing that cannot be said, is that it will be hard to spot. No matter what time of day it is, or no matter what the weather might be. It will be easy to see the car. It doesn't matter if it is in the mirror or ahead.
Thanks to @Jack Hintz for fixing up the livery for the third round of the season :)

H6Mr0FI.jpg

Last edited:
Uninstall all server mods you've recieved with get mod. And don't join the dry server. ;)
@Steve Le Gallez my apologies for the problems with the RDLMS servers (in particular DRY) this week. I made a rather silly mistake when setting them up, and this was the cause of the error that you may have seen when switching between the two servers; it was all down to two different server mods being created with the same name and version number. :unsure:

I can assure you, however, that this will no longer be an issue and you should not need to worry about it anymore. Both the R3 and DRY servers are being updated tonight, and tomorrow morning they will once again be setup with the same server mod and resources, and they shall be using the same settings / configuration (except for live weather), so I do not expect there to be a recurrence of this issue. Once the servers are back up again, at around 8am, you will once again be able to access either of them and easily switch between the two as before. :thumbsup:

IMPORTANT!

Maintenance on the official servers for Round 3 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R3 and RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS DRY - has now been completed, and they are once again available for testing and training. There should no longer be any issues with accessing either of the two servers; apologies if you experienced any problems during the past week, this was due to a mistake that I made when initially setting up both of the dedicated server instances.

A new version - v1.2 - of the custom Le Mans 1991-1996 circuit has also been released, and is used by both servers. Work on this track is now effectively complete, and updates will only be released if there are any (significant) issues that need to be resolved. We would very much appreciate your feedback; if you discover any problems we encourage you to submit a bug report so that the track development track can look at rectifying the issues. Please direct any questions about the track, or send reports to @Gijs van Elderen.

I would like to remind everyone that at the request of the original developer, Virtua_LM, from whom we have sought and been given permission to make changes, this version of the track should remain private. The component must not be made publicly available to or shared with anyone outside RaceDepartment - only Premium Members are permitted to access the server and resource. Anybody who is found to have distributed or utilised this mod without prior permission, except for the RDLMS or personal use, shall face disciplinary action - this may include expulsion from the league, and a potential ban from RaceDepartment.

The "beta" version - v3.0-beta - of the custom car / skin pack, which is the first to be based on v1.5 of the Endurance Series mod, continues to be used on both the R3 and DRY servers. The final version - v3.0 - for Round 3 shall be released next week, on Saturday 10th June, and this will contain all new and updated skin files that have been submitted. The submission deadline for skin files will be at 23:59 GMT on Friday 9th June. Now that I have checked all of the existing liveries in the pack (apologies this has taken so long), an announcement shall be made later today about updating your skin files for compatibility with DX11; all I will say now is that I have good news, so please hold fire!

If you have already subscribed to the private Steam Workshop group - see here for more information - then the updated resources will be automatically downloaded when you open the Steam client (you shall need to close rFactor 2, including the Launcher, first / before you log in to the server else the process to retrieve updates from the Workshop will not commence). If you have not yet subscribed to the private Workshop group then you may do so by following these instructions. Alternatively the resources can be automatically downloaded and installed via GetMod, when you login to the official RaceDepartment servers for the RDLMS (RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R3 or RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS DRY). The component files can also be acquired manually, via direct download links in the General Information thread, and also the event thread (Round 3: Thrustmaster 24 Hours of Le Mans). If you experience any issues with accessing the updated files then please inform us as soon as possible so that we can investigate and rectify any problems.

IMPORTANT!

Maintenance on the official servers for Round 3 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R3 and RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS DRY - has now been completed, and they are once again available for testing and training. There should no longer be any issues with accessing either of the two servers; apologies if you experienced any problems during the past week, this was due to a mistake that I made when initially setting up both of the dedicated server instances.

A new version - v1.2 - of the custom Le Mans 1991-1996 circuit has also been released, and is used by both servers. Work on this track is now effectively complete, and updates will only be released if there are any (significant) issues that need to be resolved. We would very much appreciate your feedback; if you discover any problems we encourage you to submit a bug report so that the track development track can look at rectifying the issues. Please direct any questions about the track, or send reports to @Gijs van Elderen.

I would like to remind everyone that at the request of the original developer, Virtua_LM, from whom we have sought and been given permission to make changes, this version of the track should remain private. The component must not be made publicly available to or shared with anyone outside RaceDepartment - only Premium Members are permitted to access the server and resource. Anybody who is found to have distributed or utilised this mod without prior permission, except for the RDLMS or personal use, shall face disciplinary action - this may include expulsion from the league, and a potential ban from RaceDepartment.

The "beta" version - v3.0-beta - of the custom car / skin pack, which is the first to be based on v1.5 of the Endurance Series mod, continues to be used on both the R3 and DRY servers. The final version - v3.0 - for Round 3 shall be released next week, on Saturday 10th June, and this will contain all new and updated skin files that have been submitted. The submission deadline for skin files will be at 23:59 GMT on Friday 9th June. Now that I have checked all of the existing liveries in the pack (apologies this has taken so long), an announcement shall be made later today about updating your skin files for compatibility with DX11; all I will say now is that I have good news, so please hold fire!

If you have already subscribed to the private Steam Workshop group - see here for more information - then the updated resources will be automatically downloaded when you open the Steam client (you shall need to close rFactor 2, including the Launcher, first / before you log in to the server else the process to retrieve updates from the Workshop will not commence). If you have not yet subscribed to the private Workshop group then you may do so by following these instructions. Alternatively the resources can be automatically downloaded and installed via GetMod, when you login to the official RaceDepartment servers for the RDLMS (RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R3 or RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS DRY). The component files can also be acquired manually, via direct download links in the General Information thread, and also the event thread (Round 3: Thrustmaster 24 Hours of Le Mans). If you experience any issues with accessing the updated files then please inform us as soon as possible so that we can investigate and rectify any problems.

Thank you for the reply, I hope it didn't sound silly and I'm pretty sure it's already been brought up but I thought I would just in case it hasn't or on the off-chance something could be done!

I'll get a video of it and upload it and send it over to you on this threat tomorrow when I get the chance to head on :) With the bumpy nature of the circuit, were running fairly high ride-heights, but I'll definitely check tyre pressures and camber too. If you stay on line it's not an issue, but on the odd lap where you may need to avoid an accident or you make a mistake through either Indianapolis of out of the Porsche Curves, that is only when it arises.
No worries mate, and you did not sound silly at all! :) We very much appreciated this kind of feedback, as it is useful in letting us know how we're doing, what improvements need to be made, and of the problems that need to be resolved in particular with the resources being used for the league! :thumbsup:

As Matt has said issues with the curbs at Le Mans have been raised before, but it's possible that you were not aware of this; however, even if you did already know then there is no real harm in bringing it up again, especially if you think that the problem has become more prominent with the cars being used or if you believe that you may have discovered a new issue / bug. As proactive as we try to be, it's only when reports like yours are received that we will investigate the problem in more depth and attempt to rectify it if possible. :rolleyes:

Thanks again for the heads up, and the clarification! ;) Once you have uploaded and posted the video I shall look into the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back