RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MK Simsport is looking for a new GT driver to drive with two very fast Brazilians in the BMW. Aiming for class victory, so some experience would be beneficial, but not a deal breaker. Please contact myself or @Matt88 if you are interested
Thank you for the compliment but I don't drive in the BMWs, I drive the Corvette man! :p

Just kidding, good luck on your search :)

I always get kicked out of the server as soon as I press RACE.. Does anybody have this issue?
dont take a 2016 livery
As @Era has rightly said, this problem is due to selecting a car with a 2016 livery. To avoid confusion, and potential discussions about whether or not the any of the RDLMS cars will be upgraded to the 2016 specification, I explicitly excluded them from the server. To clarify, except for the skins there are no differences between the 2014/2015 and 2016 cars in terms of physics or the engines that they use, and thus there shall be no "changes" to the car specifications in the custom car / skin pack. (This will not affect the physics or DX11 updates, which are still applicable and available to all versions of all cars.) Therefore choosing a 2014/2015 car (if available) will not matter. The 2016 cars should not be appearing in the car list when joining the server; the fact that you are being kicked when you select one of these suggests that they are actually not available (as should be the case), so this may be a bug in the game. Apologies for the inconvenience mate.

The good news, however, is that the "beta" version of the custom car / skin pack (which is based on the latest version of the Endurance Series mod) shall be made available on the server this morning, at which point this should not be a problem.

IMPORTANT!

The official servers for Round 3 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R3 and RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS DRY - are now available for testing and training. Both use the latest, "beta" version - v3.0-beta - of the custom car / skin pack, which is the first to be based on v1.5 of the Endurance Series mod; please note that this release may not yet include any updates to skin files that you have submitted - these will be added in the final version - v3.0 - of the pack.

The first, "beta" version - vBeta-0.60 - of the custom Le Mans 1991-1996 circuit, originally developed by Virtua_LM, has also been released. Graphically the mod is now complete, but you may find that there are still performance issues - this is because work on the LOD settings for the track is still underway and shall hopefully be completed within the next week. In addition to this the AIW still needs to be updated, to revise garage and pit spots, as well as to define the circuit boundary for the cut detection. (We shall add some damping this time in and attempt to prevent the same problems that we saw with some cars and the "cut corridors" at Silverstone.) Finally, updated camera cliplanes as well as sponsors' logos also need to be added to the track mod. This development work shall be completed over the course of the next couple of weeks.

In case there are any significant issues while the track is still being prepared for league use, only one of the servers - the RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R3 server - has been set up with the "beta" version of the mod. If you experience issues then you will still be able to use the RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS DRY server; however, in this case, we would like to encourage you to report problems as well as any bugs so that they may be ironed out. Please direct any questions about the track, or bug reports to @Gijs van Elderen. An announcement shall be made each time a new version of the track is released.

At the request of the original developer, Virtua_LM, from whom we have sought and been given permission to make changes, this version of the track should remain private. The component must not be made publicly available to or shared with anyone outside RaceDepartment - only Premium Members are permitted to access the server and resource. Anybody who is found to have distributed or utilised this mod without prior permission, except for the RDLMS or personal use, shall face disciplinary action - this may include expulsion from the league, and a potential ban from RaceDepartment. Thank you for your cooperation.

If you have already subscribed to the private Steam Workshop group - see here for more information - then the updated resources will be automatically downloaded when you open the Steam client (you shall need to close rFactor 2, including the Launcher, first / before you log in to the server else the process to retrieve updates from the Workshop will not commence). If you have not yet subscribed to the private Workshop group then you may do so by following these instructions. Alternatively the resources can be automatically downloaded and installed via GetMod, when you login to the official RaceDepartment servers for the RDLMS (RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R3 or RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS DRY). The component files can also be acquired manually, via direct download links in the General Information thread, and also the event thread (Round 3: Thrustmaster 24 Hours of Le Mans). If you experience any issues with accessing the updated files then please inform us as soon as possible so that we can investigate and rectify any problems.

Finally I would like to remind all teams to submit their livery files, if they have not done so already, for Round 3. All and any new entrants must submit skin files, else they risk not being able to participate in the race, and these must include an albedo map to ensure compatibility with DX11 (even if you are still using DX9). Any files that have been sent already will be processed soon. If you participated in the previous round then we would also like to ask you to test your livery with DX11 to check if there are any issues when used with the updated version of the Endurance Series mod. If there are any problems with the albedo map (i.e. if it is missing, or has not been correctly applied) you will need to submit an updated version of your skin files for Round 3. If you choose to revise your livery design then we would also like to ask that you ensure an albedo map has been applied. For more information about albedo maps please see this link - https://www.studio-397.com/guidelines-for-artists/ - which provides instructions on how to correct skin files under the section titled "How to quickly update car skins / color maps". We shall also provide a list of teams who will need to update their skin files to include an albedo map next week.

IMPORTANT!

The official servers for Round 3 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R3 and RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS DRY - are now available for testing and training. Both use the latest, "beta" version - v3.0-beta - of the custom car / skin pack, which is the first to be based on v1.5 of the Endurance Series mod; please note that this release may not yet include any updates to skin files that you have submitted - these will be added in the final version - v3.0 - of the pack.

The first, "beta" version - vBeta-0.60 - of the custom Le Mans 1991-1996 circuit, originally developed by Virtua_LM, has also been released. Graphically the mod is now complete, but you may find that there are still performance issues - this is because work on the LOD settings for the track is still underway and shall hopefully be completed within the next week. In addition to this the AIW still needs to be updated, to revise garage and pit spots, as well as to define the circuit boundary for the cut detection. (We shall add some damping this time in and attempt to prevent the same problems that we saw with some cars and the "cut corridors" at Silverstone.) Finally, updated camera cliplanes as well as sponsors' logos also need to be added to the track mod. This development work shall be completed over the course of the next couple of weeks.

In case there are any significant issues while the track is still being prepared for league use, only one of the servers - the RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R3 server - has been set up with the "beta" version of the mod. If you experience issues then you will still be able to use the RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS DRY server; however, in this case, we would like to encourage you to report problems as well as any bugs so that they may be ironed out. Please direct any questions about the track, or bug reports to @Gijs van Elderen. An announcement shall be made each time a new version of the track is released.

At the request of the original developer, Virtua_LM, from whom we have sought and been given permission to make changes, this version of the track should remain private. The component must not be made publicly available to or shared with anyone outside RaceDepartment - only Premium Members are permitted to access the server and resource. Anybody who is found to have distributed or utilised this mod without prior permission, except for the RDLMS or personal use, shall face disciplinary action - this may include expulsion from the league, and a potential ban from RaceDepartment. Thank you for your cooperation.

If you have already subscribed to the private Steam Workshop group - see here for more information - then the updated resources will be automatically downloaded when you open the Steam client (you shall need to close rFactor 2, including the Launcher, first / before you log in to the server else the process to retrieve updates from the Workshop will not commence). If you have not yet subscribed to the private Workshop group then you may do so by following these instructions. Alternatively the resources can be automatically downloaded and installed via GetMod, when you login to the official RaceDepartment servers for the RDLMS (RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R3 or RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS DRY). The component files can also be acquired manually, via direct download links in the General Information thread, and also the event thread (Round 3: Thrustmaster 24 Hours of Le Mans). If you experience any issues with accessing the updated files then please inform us as soon as possible so that we can investigate and rectify any problems.

Finally I would like to remind all teams to submit their livery files, if they have not done so already, for Round 3. All and any new entrants must submit skin files, else they risk not being able to participate in the race, and these must include an albedo map to ensure compatibility with DX11 (even if you are still using DX9). Any files that have been sent already will be processed soon. If you participated in the previous round then we would also like to ask you to test your livery with DX11 to check if there are any issues when used with the updated version of the Endurance Series mod. If there are any problems with the albedo map (i.e. if it is missing, or has not been correctly applied) you will need to submit an updated version of your skin files for Round 3. If you choose to revise your livery design then we would also like to ask that you ensure an albedo map has been applied. For more information about albedo maps please see this link - https://www.studio-397.com/guidelines-for-artists/ - which provides instructions on how to correct skin files under the section titled "How to quickly update car skins / color maps". We shall also provide a list of teams who will need to update their skin files to include an albedo map next week.

Gijs, can you please take a closer look to the Garage doors. As far as I know there isnt a Problem in LeMans, but in Silverstone I was placed behind a closed Garage the whole Event. Wasnt a big Deal, could use the ones to the left and right in Qualifying and Warmup. But cost me time. And time is money or rather starting Position :)

Gijs, can you please take a closer look to the Garage doors. As far as I know there isnt a Problem in LeMans, but in Silverstone I was placed behind a closed Garage the whole Event. Wasnt a big Deal, could use the ones to the left and right in Qualifying and Warmup. But cost me time. And time is money or rather starting Position :)

Won't be a problem at Le Mans. Did you remember what box number you had at Silverstone?

Just want to add track looks great but there is some glaring white walls in some places when using dx11. It is mostly on the approach to the final chicane on the right hand side. Thought i would let you know. I will try and get some screenshots if possible

Just found a little glitch in the pit lane.
If you go up to the 3rd or 4th gear in the pit lane, then your speed will go up to the limit (by more than 5 kph) and you'll get stop and go penalty. Don't really know if it can be fixed, but be careful guys and don't shift up through the gears in the pit-lane :O_o:.

Thought i would let you know. I will try and get some screenshots if possible

That would very helpfull. And ingame time of day too. :thumbsup:
Some glaring only occurs with a specific view angle and sun angle.

I was memory driving that corner.
A screenshot would be helpful. :)

BTW:
At night there are a few breaking points were you can't see the corner yet.

The default ISI cars have very strong (IMO to strong) headlights.
@klo-che did an awesome job with the headlights. Night driving is challenging and feels very relealistic. It's quite immersive. :inlove:
And the headlights don't over-Illuminate the car in front. :thumbsup:

Didn't drove a lap yet but from the previous races: Can you make the corner dashboards at the ground, if there are some, invulnerable. Can remember in Silverstone it didn't took 2 laps before some of them were gone :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back