RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
VEC are using modern version of the Le Mans. Try to ask them, they will help you for sure. It's perfectly adjusted, and finally we could use the modern one, because I'm sick with this stupid version from 96'
I am terribly sorry but, as I explained to another participant earlier on today, using an alternative version of the track is now not a viable option. We would still need to ask for permission to not only use the resource but also make necessary modifications for the RDLMS, before actually making the alterations and thoroughly testing the track. However, there are only 5 weeks remaining until Round 3 - this may sound like a long time, but I can assure you that it's not, and we (the organisers and the track development team) are also incredibly busy over the coming weeks - therefore we realistically do not have enough time to get everything ready well in advance of the race on Saturday 24th June.

Use of the track you have suggested was actually considered early on in the organisation process, but at the time it's origin was unknown and we wanted to avoid another issue similar to that seen at the beginning of the season with Imola. So we decided very early on to use the classic Virtua_LM version of the track - this has been known since February. but nobody raised any issues until now. If we had known all of the details sooner, or if we had more time, then we would have considered using the modern version of the track, but it is now too late to switch. I'm sorry - I appreciate that this is probably not a popular decision, but I can assure you it was not taken lightly and much deliberation went into it. The good news, if you can take some solace in this, is that the custom work on the Virtua_LM version of the track is almost done, and it shall also be brought up to DX11 standards. Apologies again to you and all of the other participants. We shall definitely look at using the modern version of the track next season.

And is the 91 mod definitely legit? Dont want that idiot spoilling it like imola.
Thanks again
For the benefit of anyone who is still unsure, I can confirm that the version of Le Mans we shall use is definitely a scratch-built mod, originally developed by the Virtua_LM team for rFactor 1 before they ported and upgraded it for rFactor 2. There should be no concerns about the track being an illegal conversion.

Lets give it a proper good bye then. ;)
View attachment 191588

#ECAR_tracksLeMans2018
Indeed, let's give this version of Le Mans a proper send off as we use it for the last time, before switching to the modern layout for next season! :D (That is an absolutely stunning looking picture by the way - I can't wait!)

RaceDepartment Le Mans Series Season 7 by Vesaro (2017)
Round 3 | Thrustmaster 24 Hours of Le Mans
June 24th, 2017

Le-Mans-Sarthe91.0444d39ff673a683f5b8e9b95cb93e09.png

Session Timetable
  • 10:55 | Race server reboot
  • 11:00 | Official practice & Briefing (no duplicate cars allowed from this point)
  • 11:40 | GT qualifying (30 minutes)
  • 12:10 | Qualifying switch-over (5 minutes)
  • 12:15 | Prototype qualifying (30 minutes)
  • 12:45 | Warm-up
  • 13:00 | Race start [Saturday 24th June] (in-game: 13:00 / 1PM)
  • 13:00 | Race ends [Sunday 25th June] (in-game: 13:00 / 1PM)
All times are posted in GMT.

Server Details
Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R3
Password: Click here
Track: Le Mans 1991-1996 (vBeta0.60)
Cars: EnduRacers Endurance Series (v3.1) (alt. link: v3.1)
Safety car: RD Safety Car - Nissan 370z (v1.2)

Live timing: HERE
Track map: HERE
Track map [alt.]: HERE
Server status: HERE

Weather data & forecast: HERE

Steward Notes
  • Please review the latest version of the regulations before joining.
  • Please make sure your line-up is up to date. Communicate any changes in the Sign-Up thread. The current state of your line-up can also be found here, in the opening post.
Safety-first Zones

The following diagram indicates the location of Safety-first Zones for Round 3, the Thrustmaster 24 Hours of Le Mans:
Le Mans-zoned.png

The yellow zone, which shall be in effect during the first lap following a start or restart, shall commence along the start / finish straight and end after "Esses" du Karting just before Maison Blanche.

The orange zones, of which there are 6, shall be enforced for the duration of the race, and are positioned as follows:
  • "S" du Tertre Rouge
  • 1er Ralentisseur (the first chicane along Hunaudières / Mulsanne Straight)
  • 2e Ralentisseur (the first chicane along Hunaudières / Mulsanne Straight)
  • Virage de Mulsanne
  • Starting at the entry of "Esses" d'Indianapolis, and ending at the exit of Virage d'Arnage
  • Starting at the entrance to Virage Porsche, and ending at the exit of Virage du Pont
Please refer to the image at the top of this post for corner names.

For those unable to easily distinguish the yellow zone from the orange zones, the yellow zone colour has been switched to blue in the track diagram below. Please click on the thumbnail to expand the image.
Le Mans-zoned-accessible.png

Pit Entry Positioning

For the race at Le Mans, we recommend that any cars intending to enter the pits should stay as far right (towards the inside of the track) as possible when exiting Maison Blance which is on the racing line. Any cars looking to overtake should do so around the outside / left side of the track, as the pit entry lane is approached.

Physical Driver Swap Penalty Position

Following a physical driver swap, the new driver is expected to drive to the end of the pit-lane and stop for 5 seconds (the time for an in-game driver swap) to account for any time that could be gained. Race Control should be informed when a swap is due to be performed so that a steward can be sent to oversee the pit-stop and ensure that the 5 second "penalty" is served. Please refer to the attached images ('Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box #.JPG') which show where the driver is expected to stop the car after a physical driver swap has been performed.

REPORTING AN INCIDENT DURING THE RACE

To help simplify the process of reporting collisions, crashes, cutting, and questionable driving during an event, a form has been created that will allow a team to submit all of the necessary information to Race Control so that the incident may be reviewed and actioned by the live stewards. The form can be found here:

RDLMS S7 - Incident Report Form

You must submit the form for each incident that you would like to raise during the course of the race. When dealing with an incident we shall contact you via TeamSpeak if we require any more information. We shall also inform you via TeamSpeak if and when any action has been taken in relation to your report.

This thread may be subject to changes. Please review regularly.

Attachments

• Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 1.jpg
    Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 1.jpg
    512.2 KB · Views: 247
  • Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 2.jpg
    Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 2.jpg
    543.8 KB · Views: 246
  • Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 3.jpg
    Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 3.jpg
    531.6 KB · Views: 235
  • Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 4.jpg
    Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 4.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
RedShift Racing is looking for at least one more driver in GT class for the #114 Porsche.Any skill level welcome.Were in it for the fun mostly,but of course we want to do our best to be competitive also.Please pm me or Daiman Patel if interested.

Actually I'm crying :cry:
Are you being serious, or are you just joking? If you are genuinely not happy with the decision then I really don't know what more to tell you - I have provided a clear and detailed response explaining why using the modern version of the track will not be possible for the upcoming event. There is simply not enough time between now and the start of Round 3 to do all of the necessary work to prepare the track for the RDLMS (if indeed we would be permitted to make any changes to the track). Furthermore all of the work done so far by our development team would effectively go to waste if we decided to switch tracks now, and they would have to start over; this is not fair on them, nor would they necessarily be able to complete the required modifications to an alternative version of the track in the short time that we have available. You clearly underestimate how long it takes to do all of the preparatory work for each event, and have not considered the fact that we - organisers, staff members, and the development team - are all doing this as volunteers, in our spare time, while studying and / or holding jobs (and certainly in my case this involves incredibly long hours at the office on an almost daily basis). Therefore we have tried to plan and start work on as much as possible in advance, including the tracks that we shall use for this season of the RDLMS. I am sorry to have disappointed you, if this is indeed the case.

I agree with the reasons that Daiman has posted. I would like to race on a modern Le Mans too, but there is few time to make a change. We could have bad surprises in race day and that would be disastrous for the event.

About the kerb on 91 version, on the right side going to Indianapolis corner, that was an item to test when you make a new car. It's all about how much the suspension and tyres are been compressed by the downforce to alter the ride height. The problem is solved using more packers. It's the same at Daytona.

Not as far as we are aware - I have not noticed any such issues at any point when using this track in the past few years. It's possible that the problem may have been related to the track and car (URD mod) combination. Nevertheless we shall keep our eyes peeled just in case there are any instances of issues with a hidden wall / curb or a raised curb. Would you mind providing me a link to the videos?
That issue happened at Sebring and Road America as well. It is inherent to VLM kerb implementation. Although it has a very simple workaround which is running reasonable ride height on the car + decently setup dampers. It can also deal with low ride height as long as the drivers keep off the start of the kerb.

I got it once at Sebring with the enduracers cars and twice with URD (Audi and LMP2), so it isn't particular to a mod from my experience, although as I said, it isn't an issue.

Can't we use this version of the track? Jimmy said the name of the modding team that created this mod, SRC. We could ask them permission to race on this track and give them the credits to it!
Looks better than the 96' :rolleyes:
Looks good? Yes. Drives well? Not so much. The race today in VLMS (usesn the same track) had to be red flagged due to issues with the track and other stuff (haven't looked enough at it).

At its current state it is extremely bumpy and has no grip at all. The VLM track is way more complete at its current state and given the guys at RD have to replace the banners, adjust the pitspots, etc.. time is simply not enough to adjust everything even if they allow the use of the mod (and I don't think they would btw). And SRC isn't a modding team btw, they organize championships and modify their content just as RD.

The only issue on VLM was when Nvidia drivers crashed out of nowhere in the track. The DX9 version has a workaround for it and DX11 shouldn't have those issues at all. It is a 24H race and everything that can go bad will go bad. At last season VEC finale one of our drivers even had a game corruption during a driver swap.

Environment and road reflections were swapped in order.

I guess a driver who turned off one or both of these reflections is OK. But keeping them both on could cause a crash.
I had both of them off as well as environment and had multiple crashes last year, so it didn't work in my case (road only might work as I haven't tried it alone). As soon as they introduced the workaround flags in some config file I had no issues though. No issues in DX11 as well.

It also seemed to be more common in the 9XX series.

I'm glad it is long gone though:)

I agree with the reasons that Daiman has posted. I would like to race on a modern Le Mans too, but there is few time to make a change. We could have bad surprises in race day and that would be disastrous for the event.

About the kerb on 91 version, on the right side going to Indianapolis corner, that was an item to test when you make a new car. It's all about how much the suspension and tyres are been compressed by the downforce to alter the ride height. The problem is solved using more packers. It's the same at Daytona.
@Mark Greenall @Joakim Stensnæs @Joseph Wright @Matt Le Gallez @Steve Le Gallez @ARG1980

Are you being serious, or are you just joking? If you are genuinely not happy with the decision then I really don't know what more to tell you - I have provided a clear and detailed response explaining why using the modern version of the track will not be possible for the upcoming event. There is simply not enough time between now and the start of Round 3 to do all of the necessary work to prepare the track for the RDLMS (if indeed we would be permitted to make any changes to the track). Furthermore all of the work done so far by our development team would effectively go to waste if we decided to switch tracks now, and they would have to start over; this is not fair on them, nor would they necessarily be able to complete the required modifications to an alternative version of the track in the short time that we have available. You clearly underestimate how long it takes to do all of the preparatory work for each event, and have not considered the fact that we - organisers, staff members, and the development team - are all doing this as volunteers, in our spare time, while studying and / or holding jobs (and certainly in my case this involves incredibly long hours at the office on an almost daily basis). Therefore we have tried to plan and start work on as much as possible in advance, including the tracks that we shall use for this season of the RDLMS. I am sorry to have disappointed you, if this is indeed the case.
No worries, it's just year after year the same version of track, and I thought that maybe is a wind of change :D What to do, we need to push it to the limits on this layout :D I hope it will be nice event :)

I actually really like this version, it looks awesome, it feels great and it gives a sense of how it used to be, closer barriers, more risk, everything you want in racing. It's still the same circuit okay so the run down the Dunlop bridge isn't the same, and it's a little tighter in places but it's a very well done model and it's still LeMans!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back