RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2016 skins and models exactly
Ah right, I see! :whistling: Thanks for the heads up. I specifically excluded those when I setup the server, to avoid any confusion, as well as a potential discussion about whether or not the any of the RDLMS cars will be upgraded to the 2016 specification - just to clarify, without accessing any of the encrypted files, there are no visible differences between the 2014/2015 and 2016 cars in terms of physics or the engines that they use, and we shall not be making any "changes" to the car specifications in the custom car / skin pack. (This will not affect the physics or DX11 updates, which are still applicable and available to all versions of all cars.) Ultimately I would not have expected the 2016 cars to appear in the list of those that can be chosen when joining the server, but the fact that you were kicked when you selected one suggests that they are actually not available (as should be the case) - so this sounds like a bug. Apologies for the inconvenience mate.

IMPORTANT!

As some of you have already seen, there is now a test server - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R3T - available for Round 3, in addition to the dry server - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS DRY - which is configured in the same way except (as the name suggests) there will be no rain!

As work on the custom version of the track is still underway, and to give participants the opportunity to start working with the updated version of the Endurance Series mod for the RDLMS, we have made a decision to setup a temporary, test server while we wait for the alterations and improvements to be completed. This will allow drivers and teams to commence preliminary testing and training with the stock version of the Virtua_LM Le Mans 1991-1996 track mod as well as the cars from the latest, stock version of the Endurance Series mod.

An updated, "beta" release of the custom car / skin pack, created using v1.50 of the Endurance Series mod as the base, shall be made available this week, when the Round 3 server itself is setup. At this time we shall also release the first custom and upgraded version of the Le Mans circuit, courtesy of Gijs van Elderen and members of the Virtua_LM team (the original developers of the mod), for the RDLMS. We can assure you that the modifications and updates to the track have almost been finalised, so we expect the actual Round 3 server to be live by the middle of this week.

Thank you for your patience, and we shall let you know as soon as the official server for Round 3, including both the custom car / skin pack and track, are available.

In the meantime, I would like to remind all teams to submit their livery files, if they have not done so already, for Round 3. All and any new entrants must submit skin files, else they risk not being able to participate in the race, and these must include an albedo map to ensure compatibility with DX11 (even if you are still using DX9). Any files that have been sent already will be processed soon. If you participated in the previous round then we would also like to ask you to test your livery with DX11 to check if there are any issues when used with the updated version of the Endurance Series mod. If there are any problems with the albedo map (i.e. if it is missing, or has not been correctly applied) you will need to submit an updated version of your skin files for Round 3. If you choose to revise your livery design then we would also like to ask that you ensure an albedo map has been applied. For more information about albedo maps please see this link - https://www.studio-397.com/guidelines-for-artists/ - which provides instructions on how to correct skin files under the section titled "How to quickly update car skins / color maps".

Finally, please remember keep your eye out in the RD Le Mans Series sub-forum, especially the General Information and General Discussion threads, as well as the private Important Information for Drivers thread for any updates and announcements regarding the league.

This thread will be opened once the official Round 3 server is live.

IMPORTANT!

As some of you have already seen, there is now a test server - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R3T - available for Round 3, in addition to the dry server - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS DRY - which is configured in the same way except (as the name suggests) there will be no rain!

As work on the custom version of the track is still underway, and to give participants the opportunity to start working with the updated version of the Endurance Series mod for the RDLMS, we have made a decision to setup a temporary, test server while we wait for the alterations and improvements to be completed. This will allow drivers and teams to commence preliminary testing and training with the stock version of the Virtua_LM Le Mans 1991-1996 track mod as well as the cars from the latest, stock version of the Endurance Series mod.

An updated, "beta" release of the custom car / skin pack, created using v1.50 of the Endurance Series mod as the base, shall be made available this week, when the Round 3 server itself is setup. At this time we shall also release the first custom and upgraded version of the Le Mans circuit, courtesy of Gijs van Elderen and members of the Virtua_LM team (the original developers of the mod), for the RDLMS. We can assure you that the modifications and updates to the track have almost been finalised, so we expect the actual Round 3 server to be live by the middle of this week.

Thank you for your patience, and we shall let you know as soon as the official server for Round 3, including both the custom car / skin pack and track, are available.

In the meantime, I would like to remind all teams to submit their livery files, if they have not done so already, for Round 3. All and any new entrants must submit skin files, else they risk not being able to participate in the race, and these must include an albedo map to ensure compatibility with DX11 (even if you are still using DX9). Any files that have been sent already will be processed soon. If you participated in the previous round then we would also like to ask you to test your livery with DX11 to check if there are any issues when used with the updated version of the Endurance Series mod. If there are any problems with the albedo map (i.e. if it is missing, or has not been correctly applied) you will need to submit an updated version of your skin files for Round 3. If you choose to revise your livery design then we would also like to ask that you ensure an albedo map has been applied. For more information about albedo maps please see this link - https://www.studio-397.com/guidelines-for-artists/ - which provides instructions on how to correct skin files under the section titled "How to quickly update car skins / color maps".

Finally, please remember keep your eye out in the RD Le Mans Series sub-forum, especially the General Information and General Discussion threads, as well as the private Important Information for Drivers thread for any updates and announcements regarding the league.

Good to hear that they had revise the inertias. We would be using this new version at Le Mans?
In case you have not already seen today's announcement, I can confirm that the custom car / skin pack for the RDLMS will be updated to use the latest version of the Endurance Series mod before Round 3. :thumbsup: Therefore all participants shall be able to make the most of the improved physics (corrected inertia values), as well as the DX11 upgrade to the resource and the game itself for the remainder of the season. A "beta" release of the component file, which shall be the first to use v1.5 of the Endurance Series mod, will be made available this coming week, when the Round 3 server goes live also with the custom version of the Virtua_LM Le Mans 1991-1996 circuit which is being brought up to DX11 standards as well. And the final version (v3.0) of the custom car / skin pack, containing the latest team information and skins, will be created and added to the private Steam Workshop group for the RDLMS on Saturday 10th June, in time for Round 3 - Thrustmaster 24 Hours of Le Mans.

20170516171936_1.jpg

20170522212400_1.jpg

20170522212832_1.jpg

No way is this the same track!!!! :D
Yes way! :roflmao: I can confirm that is the Virtua_LM Le Mans 1991-1996 circuit that shall be used for Round 3 of the RDLMS! I did tell you it was being brought up to DX11 standards by our track development team! :D

Thank you very much mate! :thumbsup: Those pictures look absolutely stunning! :inlove: I cannot wait to drive around this beautiful looking track using DX11!

tumblr_llo455gr0L1qbd6v9.gif

Le Mans! Le Mans! Le Mans! Le Mans! Le Mans! LeMans! LeMans! LeMans! LeMans! Lemans! Lemans! Lemans! Lemans! Lemons! Lemons! Lemons! Lemons! Lemons!

ApexEclipse_logo.png

Apex Eclipse is looking for drivers for the Le Mans round to partner me and @Yuri Kasdorp in the #108 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.

We are aiming for the GT class victory in Le Mans and battling for the GT championship after 4th and 2nd place finishes in the first two rounds.

We are looking for fast and reliable drivers, preferably with some endurance racing experience. You don't have to be an alien to join us so don't hesitate to apply if you feel you have the consistency required to endure a 24h event!

PM me @TTupsi if you've ever dreamed of winning Le Mans ;)

View attachment 192577

Apex Eclipse is looking for drivers for the Le Mans round to partner me and @Yuri Kasdorp in the #108 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.

We are aiming for the GT class victory in Le Mans and battling for the GT championship after 4th and 2nd place finishes in the first two rounds.

We are looking for fast and reliable drivers, preferably with some endurance racing experience. You don't have to be an alien to join us so don't hesitate to apply if you feel you have the consistency required to endure a 24h event!

PM me @TTupsi if you've ever dreamed of winning Le Mans ;)
I wanna add to this that we haven't been able to focus on this series much yet, but before le mans our other leagues will be over and the focus will shift more to this.
We're looking for someone that can practise multiple times per week for an hour or so in the evening in the last 2 or so weeks before the race. Pace isn't everything but these cars aren't too hard to drive, so we need someone that can be consistent doing decent pace all the way through.

Me and tapio both have experience on what it takes to win endurance events, I'm sure we will find a team to challenge for the overall :)

Yes way! :roflmao: I can confirm that is the Virtua_LM Le Mans 1991-1996 circuit that shall be used for Round 3 of the RDLMS! I did tell you it was being brought up to DX11 standards by our track development team! :D

It looks incredible! I can't wait, DX11 really breathes new life into old tracks for sure :)

MK Simsport is looking for a new GT driver to drive with two very fast Brazilians in the BMW. Aiming for class victory, so some experience would be beneficial, but not a deal breaker. Please contact myself or @Matt88 if you are interested

As @Dan Long said above.

We have Le Mans coming in a couple of weeks. Don't hesitate to contact either of us. We have a teamspeak and are online most evenings doing laps.

Check out our Facebook page and you tube channels. Just search for MK Simsport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back