RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
because I'm sick with this stupid version from 96'

Lets give it a proper good bye then. ;)
Le_Mans8.jpg

#ECAR_tracksLeMans2018

Hi all well we are looking for some more drivers to join us in our No Fear livered Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT. We have so far 3 drivers but with Lemans around the corner we could do with another 2 . You must be able to commit if possible for the team in helping out team mates in setups and advice but overall have fun and enjoy. We are a relaxed and friendly team but strive to do our best to do well without trying to take it too seriously. Not ideally looking for mega fast drivers but welcome if you are but mainly consistent drivers. So if you're looking for a drive then get in touch.

GRAB_165.JPG

Looking for a part time seat in either class for this season.

Have had extensive experience in Enduro racing both here at RD & at other leagues over the past 7 years & although I've been out of the seat for the past 2 years I'm now hungry to get back behind the wheel.
Hi we have some spots available to drive in GT drop me a message or reply here
Daryl
drm1copy_zpsecc09292-3.png

I'd love to participate full time, but I am not available in April or May (boooo) due to other commitments. If anyone needs a (backup) GT driver for the rest of the season I'd be happy to help.

I have been endurance racing with NAGP in Assetto Corsa since 2015 and am now a consistently mid-pack driver.

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic
Hi we have some spots available to drive in GT drop me a message or reply here
Daryl

Attachments

• drm1copy_zpsecc09292-3.png
    drm1copy_zpsecc09292-3.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 163
Enduracer updated their mod to DX11 Standards today. How is the plan with it?
I shall create a new version of the custom car / skin pack this weekend using the latest version of the Endurance Series mod, and when the Round 3 server goes live (hopefully in the next couple of days) I shall set it up with the updated version of the component. This will allow everyone to test and train with the up to date resource, whether you are still using DX9 or have upgraded to DX11, and conceivably resolve any significant issues that were experienced when playing the game with DX11. Also it will enable us and teams to determine whether or not their livery still needs to be updated for DX11 if an albedo map has not been applied or is incorrect.

Hi,
I am interested in driving in the 24 hours of Le Mans.
I am comfortable in LMP1, 2 or GT3. In GT3 my favourite is the Porsche.

I have solid but not alien pace (2 x p4 in FSR Pro, and multiple top 10), in practice for VEC I was +0.9 sec to series champion.
As important I tend to keep the car in one piece.

I like tinkering with setup and can skin cars too.

I have opened conversations here with a couple of old team mates but post this as well, just in case they are full.

Good luck to all in this epic event.

Ps If successful in finding a drive I will renew my premium membership which I held before.

Edir: I have found a place, thanks.

Last edited:

Can't we use this version of the track? Jimmy said the name of the modding team that created this mod, SRC. We could ask them permission to race on this track and give them the credits to it!
Looks better than the 96' :rolleyes:

Is it true also that the 91 version has raised curb issues? I watched jimmy at vec last year. He hit a curb at the end of sector 2 and his whole front end got smashed. Vids on youtube.

Can't we use this version of the track? Jimmy said the name of the modding team that created this mod, SRC. We could ask them permission to race on this track and give them the credits to it!
Looks better than the 96' :rolleyes:
No, unfortunately this track is now not a viable option. We would still need to ask for permission to not only use the resource but also make necessary modifications, before actually making the alterations and thoroughly testing the track before we can even consider its use for a league race. With only 5 weeks remaining until the next round we simply do not have enough time to get everything ready before Saturday 24th June. This version of the track was actually considered early on during the process of organising the league, but at the time it's origin was unknown and we wanted to avoid another issue similar to that seen before the start of the season with Imola. If we had known sooner about the modder, and that the track has been built from scratch then we may have considered its use, but it is now a little bit too late to switch tracks in our opinion. I'm sorry - I appreciate that this is probably not a popular decision, but I can assure you it was not taken lightly and much deliberation went into it. The good news, if you can take some solace in this, is that the custom work on the Virtua_LM version of the track is almost done, and it shall also be brought up to DX11 standards. Sorry again to you and all of the other participants. We shall definitely look at using the modern version of the track for the next season.

Is it true also that the 91 version has raised curb issues? I watched jimmy at vec last year. He hit a curb at the end of sector 2 and his whole front end got smashed. Vids on youtube.
Not as far as we are aware - I have not noticed any such issues at any point when using this track in the past few years. It's possible that the problem may have been related to the track and car (URD mod) combination. Nevertheless we shall keep our eyes peeled just in case there are any instances of issues with a hidden wall / curb or a raised curb. Would you mind providing me a link to the videos?

Ps also...what is the max number of drivers allowed for this race please
Apologies for not replying sooner to your PM - I saw your message, but work has been keeping me busy this week so I have not had a chance to reply. I have just started working my way through message this afternoon, but it is taking a bit of time. To answer your question here, a team is typically limited to 6 drivers per event, but we can look at exceptions for Round 3 given that it is a long race. I will also respond to your PM, hopefully this afternoon.

There was indeed a problem with URD Revolution. We got an early version back then, right before the official release, and the Revolution flight over some curbs. But the problems got solved right before the release. Its the only combination where i knew it caused problems.

There was indeed a problem with URD Revolution. We got an early version back then, right before the official release, and the Revolution flight over some curbs. But the problems got solved right before the release. Its the only combination where i knew it caused problems.
Thank you very much for the information and clarification Stefan! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back