RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched that 9 of 10 you passed us ok more or less fine just that one moment around 2.22 well having two proto passing then messing up the corner because of it then seeing you trying get by as well what you expect can't just jump out of the way.

Short review from Allstar-Racing.

Could manage P4 in Q, more than expected cause of my high skill on Qualifying runs.
Start went smooth, could hold P4. Plan was to watch the action from P4 and try to gain positions if . Which payed of after the hangar straight. Kasper tried a move on Alvaro which didn't succeed so I could gain 2 positions. I couldn't follow Alen in the first Stint. So I decided to stay where I am and tried to manage the gap to him. Our strategy was the best in the whole field and we were sure to secure a podium spot. My 3rd and last Stint was better than the first 2. Could almost match the times from Alen. Can't get rid of the feeling that the Ferrari wasn't the best choice. No power compared to the Aston and Corvette. We were and are a bit lost under acceleration even in draft. Could be fun in LeMans.
Oli took over the car from me on P2. Until the 90 mins mark everything worked well and payed off as it should. Then Oli got 2 short freezes, resulting in an incident, repair stop of 76 seconds and a 10 seconds stop and go for cutting during a freeze. The second place was gone and we found us at P7 :( Unfortunate race for us again, if I keep in mind that we retired in Interlagos in the lead.
Congrats to Alen and team, for a stunning pace, and to the podium.

Can I suggest something to the Orga? It is definitely a nice move to announce the remaining time in qualifying. But can you reduce it to maybe 1 announcement? For my part it is disturbing if iam on a flying lap and get a call from the Orga. But that's just my feeling. Apart from that thumb up for Daiman and Co for the organization of the events. Keep doing that :)

were you racing full boost? I think you should be able to go longer if you drive boost 1 and I think most others are on boost 1, not sure though.
I was using different boost for certain sectors but on boost 1 the max was 36 laps. It's odd as I took all the excess downforce off. And in Brazil we ran zero downforce and it was a little thirsty too.

I was using different boost for certain sectors but on boost 1 the max was 36 laps. It's odd as I took all the excess downforce off. And in Brazil we ran zero downforce and it was a little thirsty too.
sounds about right. I've done another league in these cars which had 75 min races and if you drove on just boost 1 you just about made it to the end on every track. I think on same boost levels all cars will be around the same stint length, and the diffrence between driving styles and boost usage will effect it more then car choise.

@Stefan Kanitz thanks! And sorry to hear about your issues. We also retired from p2 in interlagos.. I know how you feel!
In the 3 hours I stayed in we never had an head to head battle, but your times were really nice. I quite didn't like the setup, car was too stiff for me, I was constantly 0,5-1,5 sec off my pace. My bad, I should learn to adapt my driving to the car more quickly. And not to loose so much time during lapping.
I also made 2 stupid mistakes that costed us 10 sec in total :unsure: glad they didn't compromise our race or strategy.
My job was only to lap consistently and avoid troubles for the longest possible, so I wasn't that keen on trying to push too hard either.

On fuel consumption.. we definitely have to come up with something, otherwise in Le Mans we'd spend more time in the pits than in the race track :geek:

@Stefan Kanitz thanks! And sorry to hear about your issues. We also retired from p2 in interlagos.. I know how you feel!
In the 3 hours I stayed in we never had an head to head battle, but your times were really nice. I quite didn't like the setup, car was too stiff for me, I was constantly 0,5-1,5 sec off my pace. My bad, I should learn to adapt my driving to the car more quickly. And not to loose so much time during lapping.
I also made 2 stupid mistakes that costed us 10 sec in total :unsure: glad they didn't compromise our race or strategy.
My job was only to lap consistently and avoid troubles for the longest possible, so I wasn't that keen on trying to push too hard either.

On fuel consumption.. we definitely have to come up with something, otherwise in Le Mans we'd spend more time in the pits than in the race track :geek:

The problem is that I don't know where the trick is in rf2. I mean I know how to drive fast but sometimes, like in Interlagos, I miss 8 tenth but dunno how :p

sounds about right. I've done another league in these cars which had 75 min races and if you drove on just boost 1 you just about made it to the end on every track. I think on same boost levels all cars will be around the same stint length, and the diffrence between driving styles and boost usage will effect it more then car choise.
Thanks for the feedback yuri, I did try some other cars and some I think had 40 laps or more I can't remember 100%. Mayne the key is changing gear earlier, i don't think I'm heavy footed but maybe I am keeping the revs too high I'm unsure of the torque curve on the vettel as it's just bonkers noisy

I'm unsure of the torque curve on the vett

Found your torque curve... :D

upload_2017-5-16_12-13-1.png

I chased you down with everything the car had in the last stint gained 6 seconds twice but lost time in crucial parts of the track to P2 cars. Good fun though. :thumbsup:
Mark, you have no idea how nervous I was. :p I thought I was managing the gap to you well enough, but then it started coming down, and I was getting so confused because my laptimes were still within my target margin. Then I caught up to Ian Navarro who was a lap up and couldn't get by him which made me lose even more time. :redface: Had it been clean air between me, you, and P8, it could've been a really interesting finish as I was catching him quite quickly as well. Missed out by a little over 6 seconds, which was the time I lost behind Navarro.

We had a terrible start to the race with unfortunate stop-and-go's Mike couldn't protest due to him being the only one on TS at the time.

Catch you guys at Le Mans! Though you guys will probably be flying past us on the straights! :laugh:

Mark, you have no idea how nervous I was. :p I thought I was managing the gap to you well enough, but then it started coming down, and I was getting so confused because my laptimes were still within my target margin. Then I caught up to Ian Navarro who was a lap up and couldn't get by him which made me lose even more time. :redface: Had it been clean air between me, you, and P8, it could've been a really interesting finish as I was catching him quite quickly as well. Missed out by a little over 6 seconds, which was the time I lost behind Navarro.

We had a terrible start to the race with unfortunate stop-and-go's Mike couldn't protest due to him being the only one on TS at the time.

Catch you guys at Le Mans! Though you guys will probably be flying past us on the straights! :laugh:
I hope so!

ANNOUNCEMENT!

So, Round 2 - Thrustmaster 6 Hours of Silverstone - of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro is now over. And in spite of some minor technical issues, that we shall investigate over the coming weeks, the event was a great success - action-packed, exciting and entertaining! :D

Unfortunately, working through all of the messages is going to take a bit of time due to the vast quantity I have received since the race, though I can assure you that I am slowly (but surely) reading through and responding to forum messages (where appropriate) and PMs. Apologies if this takes a little while - I am trying to go as quickly as I can, and your patience would be much appreciated.

Before I continue, however, I would like to thank everyone involved in the event on Saturday - organisers and stewards, broadcasters and commentators, the track development team and testers, as well as the editorial team! :thumbsup: Again I shall not mention any names because there are too many, and I will undoubtedly miss somebody out which would not be fair given the sheer amount of time and effort that everyone has put in to not only help run the events but also make them worthwhile. Therefore I will also take this opportunity to thank the teams / drivers and viewers, who deserve as much credit as the staff members and others working behind the scenes; without you there would technically be no event to host, so your participation, whether this is on track or via the chat box during the race, is much appreciated! Once again I had a blast (and I was actually able to drive as well this time, which definitely helped to relieve the stress a little and make the event that much more enjoyable). :) I honestly cannot wait until the next event, and judging by most of your messages neither can you!

On that note, I shall create the event thread for the next race, and setup the Round 3 server towards the end of this week. I am hoping to make good progress with my over-grown to-do list while we wait for work on the first version of the track mod (for league use) to be completed; to confirm, especially for those who have asked, we shall be using the Virtua_LM Le Mans 1991 - 1996 version of the circuit, which shall be customised specifically for use by the RDLMS.

While I am on the subject of tracks, we are aware that a few teams and drivers (some more than others) experienced a few strange issues with the cut detection at Silverstone. From the reports we received in Race Control it appears as though this may be due to a bug in the game. Nevertheless, we shall investigate and determine if there is a potential workaround. I shall also be in touch with our track development team and Marcel Offermans to report the problems. On a positive note, however, the driver swap / disconnection issue has seemingly been resolved - there were no known instances of this at Silverstone, and certainly not to the extent that we saw during Round 1 at Interlagos. The server appeared to be more stable, and there were also (proportionally) fewer disconnections. Furthermore no teams had to share pit-boxes - each car looked to have its own space, as expected.

The third event of RDLMS powered by Vesaro (Season 7) will be the classic 24 Hours of Le Mans, which is undoubtedly the biggest event on the calendar and just over 5 weeks away - race day shall be Saturday 24th June, only one week after the famous race itself. Remember to start submitting your new and updated skins for Round 3; all teams, including those that already have a car in the custom car / skin pack, are permitted to submit liveries at any time during the championship so that they may be included in the next release. The submission deadline for Round 3 shall be at 23:59 GMT on Friday 9th June, and the next version of the component - v2.0 - shall be released on Saturday 10th April (2 weeks before the race). [PLEASE NOTE THAT I SHALL BE AT LE MANS THE WEEKEND BEFORE THE EVENT, SO ALL PREPARATIONS MUST AND WILL BE MADE IN ADVANCE.]

Meanwhile, the qualifying & race results, as well as the overall standings after two events, are now available in the Results and Standings thread. Any incident reports or issues that have been raised after the race, or that are still due to be raised, will be dealt with at the beginning of the next round.

The server replay file for the entire race can be downloaded from here.

Finally, please remember keep your eye out in the RD Le Mans Series sub-forum, especially the General Information and General Discussion threads, as well as the private Important Information for Drivers thread for any updates and announcements regarding the league.

Thank you all again, and we look forward to seeing you for Round 3.

Have you seen this @Andrew Harper - your artwork is being framed! :inlove:

@Akos Varga Oh wow! I'm genuinely honoured that you framed and put on display some of my artwork :D:)

They are great fun to do and I enjoy creating them, the Le Mans poster is next and I'm hoping to make that one different to the others so stay tuned....;)

Maybe I should offer some signed sets at the end of the season! :laugh:

Well done to everyone who made it to the end of the Silverstone round, looking at the videos it was certainly a very busy race for some of the teams :)

Last edited:
@Akos Varga Oh wow! I'm genuinely honoured that you framed and put on display some of my artwork :D:)

They are great fun to do and I enjoy creating them, the Le Mans poster is next and I'm hoping to make that one different to the others so stay tuned....;)

Maybe I should offer some signed sets at the end of the season! :laugh:

Well done to everyone who made it to the end of the Silverstone round, looking at the videos it was certainly a very busy race for some of the teams :)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1485931398131873&l=4ac667cbc6

And mine!
This is why stupid questions I wrote a few days ago! :D
There is still space in the wall! :D
THX!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back