RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely :
Team name: Gentlemen Racers Spirit
Team owner*: PatriSte_GR
Team owner forum name*: Patrice Sayettat(@PatriSte_GR)
Preferred class*: GT
Number assigned #122
Driver 1*: Patrice Sayettat @PatriSte_GR
Driver 2*: Jeff Grits @Jeff Grits
Driver 3: Stephane Perrin @Stéphane Perrin
Driver 4: Vincent Dimaio @Vincent Dimaio
Driver in 5: Sam Suffi @tmbir

I shall ensure all drivers are Premium Members for each round of the series*: YES
I agree to the TOLA*: YES

*Mandatory

Team name: Panda Racing
Team owner*: (real name) Sam Williams
Team owner forum name*: (@forum name) @SamtheStupid
Preferred class*: GT
Driver 1*: Sam Williams @SamtheStupid
Driver 2*: Dan Challinor @DanChan
Driver 3: Denis Marquardt @eatyoubrocookie
Driver 4: Luca Babetto @LucaBabetto
Driver 5:
Driver 6:
I shall ensure all drivers are Premium Members for each round of the series*: YES
I agree to the TOLA*: YES
Hi Sam! Your application has been processed, and a PM has been sent to confirm that your entry has been accepted. :) Thank you for registering to participate in the RDLMS.

@Daiman Patel

Just a IF question:

If S397 do release the new update on 1st May, as planned, are we using it?
At the moment I unfortunately cannot provide a definite answer, as the decision will mainly depend on the compatibility issues following the upgrade to DX11, in addition to the impact of (other) bugs that may be introduced as part of the next build. Assuming the next version is released on the 1st May, there will only be 13 days before Round 2, which is not a great deal of time for testing to ensure the stability of the build, so the likelihood is that we shall continue to use Build 1108 for Round 2. We shall then potentially look into moving on to the new version from Round 3, if we can be assured that everything - tools and related software, as well as the server itself - will work as expected. The exact plan shall be confirmed as we near the race, but for the time being at least we should continue under the assumption that the current build shall be used for the second race of the season. I hope this does not disappoint too many people, however we do not want to compromise the event or the racing in any way.

I'm having big problems with seeing where i'm going. Everything looks foggy and the kerbs are invisible. Anyone know how i could improve the graphics of this game? Doesn't have to look nicer, i just want to see where i'm going. I'm running on near ultra settings and i'm still looking for apexes... Maybe there's a mod you could let me know about or post your settings?

Thanks in advance!

Like i said in my other post; i can't see s***! How hard would it be to change the kerbs from blue&white to a red&white colour? Is it a realistic, easy to do proposition? With any luck it's just a matter of changing the colour of an entity? :p

I know i'm not the only one with the problem within my team, but what is your experience? Also, what kind of graphics settings are you guys using? Does something like a texture/colour mod exist? I'm on full settings and still, dusk is borderline undrivable for me.

Like i said in my other post; i can't see s***! How hard would it be to change the kerbs from blue&white to a red&white colour? Is it a realistic, easy to do proposition? With any luck it's just a matter of changing the colour of an entity? :p

I know i'm not the only one with the problem within my team, but what is your experience? Also, what kind of graphics settings are you guys using? Does something like a texture/colour mod exist? I'm on full settings and still, dusk is borderline undrivable for me.
Alen,
I can only speak for myself but I have slight issues at dusk it's pretty bad. It gets very hazy.
You are right that it's hard to see, and I tested on another server and the problem wasn't there ( I tested enduracers on open server at silverstone) the track looked alot clearer and crisp.
I am using high settings with Amd card.
Right now I avoid going on server at that time or reset server. But in race it will effect people.

It gets very hazy.

Yes, i noticed that too.

There are 2 reasons for this:
- fog has been increased a bit. I'll tune it down again. :thumbsup: It became to much because of reason 2.
- 2nd reasson is ingame race day date. The default Silverstone race day is in July 2013: summer. While we are racing May 13th 2017.
Sun rise, sun set, sun angle moon angle are matching on race day: It's different from the default Silverstone 2013.

A 3rd reasson might be weather. If there is possible rain comming. Then it will be more foggy. That's a thing i can't control.

How hard would it be to change the kerbs from blue&white to a red&white colour?

They are black and white, like in real life. Don't know why you want to revert back to Silverstone 2013 with the red and white kerbs?

Does something like a texture/colour mod exist?
No, changing textures could be used as cheating. :cautious:

But in race it will effect people.

If there is rain, fog, low sun, a wet track: It will be the same for everybody.

Visual limitations is what real endurance race have to endure.

@Bram @Daiman Patel

Was just curious if there has been any call on what mod we're going to running for LM24 event in June?

I'm gunna chuck a left field idea here. Has anyone thought of the idea of running it in no chicken configuration?

Im curious what other contestants think of this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back