RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why the track temperature seems to constantly stay at 20C all the time? I was on the server the other day and the ambient temp was 2 degrees, with a track temp of 20, lol.

Something not right with the real weather plugin?

You need to force the track temp at a certain value to make the plugin work unfortunately

*EDIT*

Team name: DR Motorsport
Team owner*: Daryl Russell
Team owner forum name*: @Daryl Russell
Preferred class*: GT
Driver 1*: Daryl Russell, @Daryl Russell
Driver 2*: Jayme Brooks @Jayme Brooks
Driver 3:
Driver 4:
Driver 5:
Driver 6:
I shall ensure all drivers are Premium Members for each round of the series*: YES / NO
I agree to the TOLA*: YES
Hi Daryl! Your application has been processed, and a PM has been sent to confirm that your entry has been accepted. :) Thank you for registering to participate in the RDLMS.

Team name: Panda Racing
Team owner*: (real name) Sam Williams
Team owner forum name*: (@forum name) @SamtheStupid
Preferred class*: GT
Driver 1*: Sam Williams @SamtheStupid
Driver 2*: Dan Challinor @DanChan
Driver 3: Denis Marquardt @eatyoubrocookie
Driver 4: Luca Babetto @LucaBabetto
Driver 5:
Driver 6:
I shall ensure all drivers are Premium Members for each round of the series*: YES
I agree to the TOLA*: YES

Last edited:
Does anyone know why the track temperature seems to constantly stay at 20C all the time? I was on the server the other day and the ambient temp was 2 degrees, with a track temp of 20, lol.

Something not right with the real weather plugin?
You need to force the track temp at a certain value to make the plugin work unfortunately
Apart from that the track temperature doesn't increase or decrease in rf2 currently. Hopefully it gone be changed someday.
The reason for this is that the value for the ambient and track temperature has been set to a constant value of 20°C via the dedicated server; unfortunately rFactor 2 does not (currently) treat these as two separate and disparate values, therefore both will be the same when the weather (and specifically the temperature) is set to be static, scripted or random based on the options selected when starting up a dedicated server instance. The same also applies when scripted weather (historic or forecast data) is retrieved using the 'rFactor 2 Weather Tool' - this simply overwrites a .WET file, containing information about the weather conditions, for a selected track.

However, using the Live Weather plugin allows the ambient temperature to be changed independently of the track temperature; as of Build 660, the built-in rFactor 2 Plugin API has allowed weather conditions and temperatures to be fed into a dedicated server instance. The plugin retrieves current weather data from Wunderground, based on either a location specified in the .gdb file for a track or a manually specified location (latitude and longitude), and directly injects this information into the game every ~3 minutes.

The only way in which the track temperature can be changed in rFactor 2 is by specifying, when a track is loaded, what the temperature should be during different periods of the race; this can also be achieved using the 'rFactor 2 Weather Tool', but must still be done before the track is loaded. Each session is split into 5 periods - start, 25%, 50%, 75% and end - and the temperatures will transition at around these times assuming the option is selected for the weather to be either random or scripted.

The reason why I opted for 20°C as the (track) temperature is because the weather should (hopefully) improve as we head into May; my intention was to make the temperature representative of what we would typically see in May, and I can adjust this as required if it turns out to be warmer or cooler. I decided it would be best to keep this constant to prevent (or reduce the likelihood of) any potential interference with the Live Weather plugin, in case both the game and the plugin attempt to change the weather. And the fact that the temperatures are physically independent means that the track cannot react to air temperature variations and the intensity of the sun; therefore the track will remain at 20°C even if the ambient temperature drops below 0°C or exceeds 20°C. We hope this is something that Studio 397 will look at improving in the near future.

Apologies for going slightly overboard with this answer, but I thought it would be worth being comprehensive since it is a question that has been asked previously (not only for the RDLMS). I hope it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back