RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ANNOUNCEMENT!

From here on entry applications and line-up changes will only be processed once per week, on a Friday. Be sure to always include the forum names of drivers in your posts. Thank you!

RaceDepartment Le Mans Series Season 7 by Vesaro (2017)
Round 2 | Thrustmaster 6 Hours of Silverstone
May 13th, 2017

Silverstone11WingPits.448267d9150f9ed008d802be04ee4a6a.png

Session Timetable
  • 10:55 | Race server reboot
  • 11:00 | Official practice & Briefing (no duplicate cars allowed from this point on)
  • 11:40 | GT qualifying (30 minutes)
  • 12:10 | Qualifying switch-over (5 minutes)
  • 12:15 | Prototype qualifying (30 minutes)
  • 12:45 | Warm-up
  • 13:00 | Race start [Saturday 13th May] (in-game: 13:00 / 1PM)
  • 19:00 | Race ends [Saturday 13th May] (in-game: 19:00 / 7PM)
All times are posted in GMT.

Server Details
Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R2
Password: Click here
Track: Silverstone (v1.02)
Cars: EnduRacers Endurance Series (v2.0) (alt. link: v2.0)
Safety car: RD Safety Car - Nissan 370z (v1.2)

Live timing: HERE

Weather data & forecast: HERE

Steward Notes
  • Please review the latest additions to the regulations before joining.
  • Please make sure your line-up is up to date. Communicate any changes in the Sign-Up thread. The current state of your line-up can be found there too.
Safety-first Zones

The following diagram indicates the location of Safety-first Zones for Round 2, the Thrustmaster 6 Hours of Silverstone:
Silverstone-zoned.png

The yellow zone, which shall be in effect during the first lap following a start or restart, shall commence along the start / finish straight and end at the exit of Chapel / entry to the Hangar Straight.

The orange zones, of which there are 4, shall be enforced for the duration of the race, and are positioned as follows:
  • Starting at the entry of Village, and ending at the exit of The Loop
  • Starting at the entrance to Brooklands, and ending at the exit of Luffield
  • Starting at the entry of Maggots, through Becketts, and ending at the exit of Chapel
  • Vale
Please refer to the image at the top of this post for corner names.

For those unable to easily distinguish the yellow zone from the orange zones, the yellow zone colour has been switched to blue in the track diagram below. Please click on the thumbnail to expand the image.
Silverstone-zoned-accessible.png

Pit Entry Positioning

For the race at Silverstone, we recommend that any cars intending to enter the pits should stay as far right (towards the inside of the track) as possible when exiting Stowe. Any cars looking to overtake should do so around the outside / left side of the track, as the pit entry lane is approached.

Physical Driver Swap Penalty Position

Following a physical driver swap, the new driver is expected to drive to the end of the pit-lane and stop for 5 seconds (the time for an in-game driver swap) to account for any time that could be gained. Race Control should be informed when a swap is due to be performed so that a steward can be sent to oversee the pit-stop and ensure that the 5 second "penalty" is served. Please refer to the attached images ('Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box #.JPG') which show where the driver is expected to stop the car after a physical driver swap has been performed.

This thread may be subject to changes. Please review regularly.

Attachments

• Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 1.JPG
    Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 1.JPG
    567.7 KB · Views: 222
  • Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 2.JPG
    Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 2.JPG
    577 KB · Views: 232
  • Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 4.JPG
    Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 4.JPG
    562.7 KB · Views: 220
  • Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 3.JPG
    Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 3.JPG
    561.6 KB · Views: 214
Last edited by a moderator:
Update - April 5th, 2017
The following additions and amendments have been made to the Rules & Regulations for the RDLMS.
  • Due to issues with driver swaps and rejoining the race in Round 1, drivers will be allowed to re-enter the server with a fresh car from Round 2 onward. Before exiting the pits, the team / driver must seek permission from the stewards and explain the circumstances; the stewards will review the situation and a give a verdict, based on which the car will or will not be allowed to continue in the race. Depending on the situation (if the disconnection follows an incident in which damage may have been sustained) a lap / laps will be deducted from those that have been completed by the car in question. Failure to notify the stewards, even if the disconnect is a result of network issues, will result in a penalty being issued. Also, the driver who rejoins the server must still be the person who originally disconnected, else the rejoin will be unsuccessful.

Bad bad bad luck for my team, HM Engineering. Gained pole position for GTE class, but my first driver, Maks Bunevich (@Maks_97_UA), got a problem with his PC, Stuttering all the way in the beginning of the race. Ofcourse, we will try again, better luck next race. Cheers.

Hi Theo! Before I can process your application can you please provide the forum names for all of your drivers, and ensure that at least two (including yourself) are Premium Members.

Hello Daiman.
Team name: Frenchie Fox Racing
Team owner: Theo_Bardy_GR
Team owner forum name*: Theo Badry
Driver 1*: Theo Badry
Driver 2*: Emmanuel Taphinaud
Driver 3: Laurent Gueneau
Driver 4:
Driver 5:
Driver 6:
I shall ensure all drivers are Premium Members for each round of the series*: YES
I agree to the TOLA*: YES

Premium members : Theo Badry, Emmanuel Taphinaud
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hello Daiman.
Driver 4:
Driver 5:
Driver 6:
I shall ensure all drivers are Premium Members for each round of the series*: YES

Thanks in advance.
I am still missing the forum name of Laurent Gueneau

Last edited:
Hello Daiman.
Driver 4:
Driver 5:
Driver 6:

Thanks in advance.
I would just like to clarify what I meant in my previous message to you. In order for your application to be processed and accepted a minimum of two drivers must be specified, both of whom must be Premium Members. In addition to this, any and all other drivers specified as part of the line-up for your team must also be Premium Members, else they will not be permitted to race.

Apologies for the delay in responding to you, guys! It's been a busy week!

Before I begin replying to individual messages (where necessary), and PMs, I would like to say a big thank you to everyone involved in the event on Saturday - participants, organisers and stewards, broadcasters and commentators, the track development and testing team, the writers and media team, and last but not least the viewers! :D I don't want to mention any names because there are simply too many, and I fear missing somebody out... We honestly could not have pulled this off without you all coming together to make it into an absolutely fantastic event. I was captivated from beginning to end, and in spite of the stresses before and during the race I thoroughly enjoyed myself. So please, without meaning to sound patronising, give yourselves a pat on the back! ;)

Next I would like to apologise for the technical issues that we experienced during the race - failed driver swaps and disconnects, forced retirements, shared pit spots, and any other problems that manifested. We shall investigate these prior to the next race, and attempt to determine solutions or workarounds to hopefully prevent (or at least reduce the likelihood of) as many of these issues as possible from reoccurring. I shall also be speaking directly to Marcel, from Studio 397, to ask him about some of the more serious problems that ideally need to be rectified before Round 2.

On that note, the server for Round 2 shall be made available very soon; apologies for the delay in setting this up - this was primarily due to my busy schedule, however work on the league version of the track has also been on-going.

The second event of RDLMS powered by Vesaro (Season 7), which shall take place at Silverstone, is now a little over 5 weeks away - race day is Saturday 13th May. Remember to start submitting your new and updated skins for Round 2; all teams, including those that already have a car in the custom car / skin pack, are permitted to submit liveries at any time during the championship so that they may be included in the next release. The submission deadline for Round 2 shall be at 23:59 GMT on Friday 28th April, and the next version of the component - v2.0 - shall be released on Saturday 29th April (2 weeks before the race). In addition there are a couple of vacant grid spots remaining, so if you would like to enter another team into the championship please submit an application via the Sign Up thread (please note, however, that this car is expected to complete in all remaining rounds of the series).

Back to Round 1, the qualifying & race results, as well as the standings following the first event, are now available in the Results and Standings thread. Any incident reports or issues that have been raised after the race, or that are still due to be raised, will be dealt with at the beginning of the next round.

And finally, over the coming weeks we shall review processes, as well as the rules and regulations, to determine where changes and improvements can be made based on the lessons learned following the first round. Any updates and announcements shall be posted in the event thread for Round 2, as well as the private Important Information for Drivers thread.

Thank you all again, and we look forward to seeing you for Round 2.

Last edited:
IMPORTANT!

The server for Round 2 - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R2 - is now available for testing and training; live timing and live weather have been enabled. Once again I have also set up the server for dry-only testing - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS DRY - and this is also connected to the live timing system. Please let me know if there are any issues, or if you have any questions.

I would just like to clarify what I meant in my previous message to you. In order for your application to be processed and accepted a minimum of two drivers must be specified, both of whom must be Premium Members. In addition to this, any and all other drivers specified as part of the line-up for your team must also be Premium Members, else they will not be permitted to race.

Hello Daiman.

I ask to Laurent Gueneau to become Premium member now.
It should be actual from this evening.

Sorry for the misunderstood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back