RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah it was pretty hectic, we had times with up to 5 reports at the same time. @Daiman Patel will be present again tomorrow, so maybe he can shed some light.

What is that random safety car doing there btw?
Probably a driver swap causing havoc in replay mode. He's as fast as the P2's so I assume it is actually a P2, the car just didnt load properly. Or it could be Lorenzo as he was in SC at the start, so the replay took his original car and displayed it maybe.

I Can't took part of the race... My stint should start at the end of the event, 10 to 12 hours. But we had some big problems with the driver swap and RF2 decides to make us a DNF. Really frustrating for our P2 nº5, but games are games, and issues still on it.

First I want to thanks RD for this event and championship organization. It was a really good experience to compete against old friends and rivals from other series. The Team Comet is formed by the same three persons enjoying endurance races since 2005.

For this race we were just two at the team, because our third member is not at the country these days. We had a strategy aiming to put us at the podium at the end of the race, and it was the right one. I don't know if we could had been able to beat the fast guys from Feeder team, but you never know. Sadly we got involved in several accidents in the first half of the race, and that changed the result.

I felt really racing on my third two hours stint, because the first two stints were all about surviving the accidents and crazyness. I think the admins and drivers must work about some kind of agreetment about traffic, because each one interprets it in a different way. The P2 cars lose up until 2 seconds per lap behind a GT car only on some complex of corners, some drivers understood that and gave room while it was possible, meanwhile other drivers intended to hold the P2 until the end of the complex, creating some frustrating situations. A particular behaviour that must be addressed, is the re entry to the track after a run off. In a couple of opportunities we got our car saved to be crashed in middle by a car that re entered the track in cross direction. By the end of the race, it was better and the race was more sorted, but I think it took too much time, making the race some kind of lotery.

I hope Studio397 give us the opportunity to do next race with an improved rFactor2

This race... Was "something" allrighty...

@Mateusz Bogusz did an absolute stunning lap to put the #3 SimTech International on P3! The start to the race was good, clean. From my understanding he had contact with a car due to a lag spike(?) that resulted in a spin, dropping him to 11th. After the first stop, he suffered damage and we lost a lap. I took over while in P7 i believe and drove my hearth out for 2.5 hours, being (sometimes a little too) aggressive but I felt I had to to make up the time. @Standa Sehnal then drove a near 4 hour stint! Amazing job, good pace, no major issues. He made me proud :D . When I took back over, :poop: hit the fan :cry: . I was 20 minutes in when my PC froze up completely. A still standing screen, some weird grey bars and a very loud buzzing sound from my PC... It took me well over 20 minutes to get the PC sort of running again, and after having lost 27 laps(!!!) I rejoined the race. Drove for an hour and a half when Standa seemingly hadn't had enough just yet, as he took over for some more on-track action :geek: .

We finished the race, in P12, 25 laps down ultimately. The guys deserved a lot more!

Here's hoping for a great race at Silverstone! With less issues please? :p

Punishments how you announce it during a competition?
If a penalty is issued during the race by the live stewards a notification will pop up in the chat box, an item will be added to the "Penalties" menu in the LCD display, and an icon will be displayed at the top of the screen to indicate to the driver in the car that they have received a penalty. If necessary the stewards will also inform the team / driver of the penalty on TeamSpeak.

In an attempt to avoid confusion and automatic disqualifications as a result of stop/go penalties not being served in time (due to a pit stop being performed first), or fuel running out because a stop/go penalty was served before the pit stop (as a result of the option not being set appropriately in the pit menu), we have decided to only issue drive through penalties. Manual disqualifications, applied by the live stewards, may also be used as a severe punishment if such action is necessary. However, for the time being at least, stop/go penalties shall not be issued by the stewards. Any changes will be communicated to all teams and drivers before the race in which they shall take effect.

Please note, however, that penalties (drive-through or stop/go) may still be automatically issued by the game for infringements such as cutting / exceeding track boundaries, driving the wrong way, and speeding in the pit lane.

Last edited:
As @Matt88 is a little busy, I hope it is okay that I do this:

LMP2 Car #11
Team name*: MK Simsport
Team owner*: Matt Beavis
Team owner forum name*: @Matt88
Drivers out: Porfirio Dias Santos @Porfirio Dias Santos, Peter Klawitter @rocafella1978
Drivers in: Dan Long @Dan Long

GTE Car #107
Team name*: MK Simsport
Team owner*: Matt Beavis
Team owner forum name*: @Matt88
Drivers out: Dan Long @Dan Long
Drivers in: Peter Klawitter @rocafella1978

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back