RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a great race, despite having some issues initially with P2 overtakes, which sometimes seemed a tank taking over a car, we enjoyed it a lot, specially the last few hours, were we had RMI Motorsports in front of us, we had to scratch for any tenth of a second we could. Finally we managed to finish 5th of our class.

Thanking all the participants and the organization for the amazing job they are doing and for the efficiency at solving issues while racing.

Eagerly waiting for Silverstone! See you on track.

RC Motorsports Team

Last edited:
Was a great race. I personally enjoyed it a lot. It was the first time that I took part in a Endurance race and the first time doing a 2 hour stint. Longest races so far have only been 50 minutes for me.

It was great to see the GT field very close together, we were lacking immersive on top speed thought down the straights which was sort of frustrating when you are down on the bumper of the car in front, split time 0.2 seconds at the apex, yet, even thought you nailed the exit and are in the slipstream the car in front pulls away.

We had a few incidents with P2 cars and one driver swap bug, and once I forgot to select Matt in the pit stop menu, I guess this wont happen to me again. :p
The main problem with P2s I had was that they tried to overtake on the last left turn before the hill a lot. They either squeezed themself into the inside of the turn or sometimes even to the outside, which resulted in me having to lift the throttle or slow down much more then necessary and then result in massive time loss up the hill. They should just hold back, wait for the corner to be clear and then take it and get a proper exit.

Anyway, it was great, can't wait for Silverstone.
Thanks for hosting, organizing and everything else behind the scenes ! :thumbsup:

Had a hard but interesting race.
Took 1st stint for TXL had decent pace and was fighting through the field. Managed to overtake the 4 cars ahead fighting and took advantage by going in the inside. Had a bit of clear air gaining on the car ahead and a car which I presume made an early stop came far too aggressive and spun me into the wall resulting in a massive accident and the car trundles back to pit from sector 1 resulting in approx 5 mins of lost time. Car repaired but never felt right again losing us 2 seconds a lap.
Handed the car to Joseph Wright who did a brilliant job and consistently lapped well. His 1st endurance race so well done.
My 2nd stint was hit by a bug and we couldn't be seen on server (invisible) we had ten mins of fixing the issue but got back on track and managed to unlap ourselves but we were too many laps down for me to make any impact.
Steve and Andrew drove very good trouble free stints if not for the issues I think we would have finished alot higher up. Few issues to iron out but hoping for a more forgiving race in silverstone.

What a race! Our set up was wrong which made the job very hard.. Surprised with qualifying pace but still long way off feeder.
Start was good until I tangled with Pizzo I think ? Racing incident in my view, couldn't do much really. After that was good, got to p3 early on.
Sadly the server wasn't in great condition.. It lead to too many problems for people. It's a shame as it would have been a cracking race up front if us, feeder and drillers didn't have problems. But still wd to feeder for still winning! We lead for a while but knew we'd have some connection problem..
Since we couldn't get max in the car I had to do last 5, maybe 5 and a half hours. 2 driver swap fails.. So I took over the car with 1 litre which became 0 as I got onto track. Had to switch car off going down hill and JUST made it! Ran out of fuel on pit entry. Went from 2-3 laps down on everyone in P11 to P5. Drove my heart out as we deserved so much more than P5.
Big thanks to Kevin for his mega stint, sorry to max for not being able to drive, thanks to all the RD staff from server guys, live Steward control, commentators etc.

@Daiman Patel ETA on server replay file?
I don't think much is coming from us today Evan :D. The team is worn out after a very long day/week/month. We currently have our feet up and are enjoying a nice day off with a cup of coffee in our hand watching motorsport on RD and on TV

Final results, replays, after talk and more will be coming later :)

Back to positives. Massive thank you to the staff and a double finger salute to @melanieuk .this was worth waiting for and the event was awesome. Assetto corsa is great but does not have the endurance potential!ha! (Pokes tongue)

Our race didnt pan out well with some guys driving into us early on. Personalky i struggled with invisible car bug where cars flickered on an off.sometimes. was a bit scary!maybe game setting related as network is sound.
Got us up to p4 only for the dreaded driver swap bug to happen and we lost 10 laps. **** happens tho and this happened to loads of people. Well done to winners podiums..all who finished and those who made the grid an exciting one.
Hopefully driver swaps will be fixed in the update or at least improved.
As a team i think TXL learned a lot this race on so many fronts. I think everyone can learn e.g. the broadcast was great with commentary and next time some onboards could add to it (maybe u will do a suggestions thread). The driving in class seemed generally fair. I would say as a gt driver, we need some mature dialogue with p1 drivers (maybe like a teamspeak driver meeting as in f1) with stewards present? Like a pre race briefing?
I understand p1s are racing each other and its tense but like ^ said, first stint i was shocked at guys overtaking on entry to final corner every time. They probably lost time getting a poor exit from overtaking on inside! Some p1 overtook mark on the outside of the second right hander in s2..well,not an overtake, more spinning both of them out.
I tried to be very predictable as advised but some of the p1s overtaking was unpredictable. Also remember that if you overtake you leave dirty air behind so i sometimes left masses of room and still nearly ended up in the outside wall on final straight.

Back to positives lol lots to learn but...great event. RD this takes a lot of work but this is why i joined you years ago. 2013 or 2014 was the last time i remember having such a great opportunity on RD. I hope this series can at least be an annual series because, when it happens, it beats all the other websites and the community feel is so much better. Run by men not boys.

Not much to say about our race from AllStar-Racing. Were leading the GT field with 1 lap advantage but my teammate wasnt confident yesterday with the action on track which lead to 2 stupid incidents by him, which were his fault, and a repair stop where he didnt waited for me to join the car before he stopped. Resulting in a big neck from my side, throwing away a comfortable lead due to stupidy.

@Mark Greenall Thats the bug which i mentioned. Really annoying. Had that to in VEC. Only restarting PC do help.

@Daiman Patel Can you please give me the lap for which i got a drive through? :)

here is what happenned for Drillers when we were leading the race. i still dont understand how the Ferrai hasn't got a penalty from that. @Daiman Patel can you just explain it ? I just want to have some informations :p

What a race! A bunch of issues we (KRT) had yesterday. After we were able to put our car in a good position for the race, a crash which in the first laps caused a wreck and damage to the car. Going into pits the driver forgot to not take tires. At the end of the field our driver was able to recover from that quite well. The second stint was better as we were slowly making up ground. On the third stint we had the invisible car bug as well and after figuring out the issue (thanks @Daiman Patel) and a reboot we could go on. When I jumped into the car I instantly felt something was wrong and after a few seconds I recognized my TrackIR does not work. This totally destroyed my entire race as I am used to race with it. This problem happened the first time to me, even in the test races or club events everything worked fine. That said I was really struggling to find a decent pace and felt very uncomfortable at driving, leading to some incidents and poor driving. On this point I can only apologize to everyone who had a struggle with me during my stints. Not enough, me also experienced warping on track one time leading to an accident with another p2 car which basically appeared on my bumper after the lag.
After some more minor issues we ran out of fuel and in the heat of the moment, instead pulling out the lan cable, pc was rebooted leading to a DNF. Hopefully the next race will work out better as we have learned alot from this race.

Thanks to all Teams, staff, broadcasters, stewards.

Last edited:
My things I'd like to see change:
*In qualifying I think we don't need the remainder of how much time is left. Maybe 5 minutes left but thats it. We don't need it in prototype qualifying anyway as when its over its over unlike GT which carries on into prototype qualifying. Hearing someone over TS 2-3 times in closing stages wasn't ideal.
*Well this couldn't be helped for a lot of people.. With the server being in far from ideal state people were being disconnected a awful lot. But when rejoined it caused massive lag which ruined some people races. I hope something about the rejoining lag can be done as it was horrendous. But if something like this happens again we need some rule for people rejoining. Maybe a Code 80? at least we'd be all aware of someone rejoining and we'd be at a safe speed so if lag did occur we might not have incidents.

When I jumped into the car I instantly felt something was wrong and after a few seconds I recognized my TrackIR does not work.
TrackIR will not work with a driver swap.Some plugins work from one driver to another and some don't.TrackIR is one that don't unfortunately.I have been hoping for this to be fixed for years now,and have some renewed hope that now maybe 397 will finally fix this.It's probably tops on my wish list.

It was reported just 1 lap after the incident occurs, Daiman Patel and Lorenzo Bonder were in our RD TS teamspeak after that ^^

It was reported just 1 lap after the incident occurs, Daiman Patel and Lorenzo Bonder were in our RD TS teamspeak after that ^^
Ah it was pretty hectic, we had times with up to 5 reports at the same time. @Daiman Patel will be present again tomorrow, so maybe he can shed some light.

What is that random safety car doing there btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back