RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there a server crash just now? I got disconnected and now I can't find the server from the list? And there was 8 drivers on at the time, I looked at liverracers afterward and there were 0
@Daiman Patel, looks like the server crashed.
me neither, we are at the "dry" server now
Yes, unfortunately there was another unexpected server crash. I shall investigate again, but after the last such crash I could find no real for its cause… :unsure:

Apologies for not dealing with this sooner - I was out cold! :sleep: However the RACEDEPARTMENT LMS R1 server is now back up again for practice and testing.

Hi guys i'm having some problems logging in#to the server for some practice. I keep getting "Failed Verification"

Is there something i'm doing wrong?
View attachment 182856
Indeed, as Ole has said GetMod can occasionally be temperamental - this is not necessarily (and almost certainly not in your case) the fault of the GetMod service itself, rather it is caused by the repository from which files are being served - Dropbox in this case. It's possible that Dropbox is timing out, therefore resulting in the download failing. This is more of a problem with large component files, such as the EnduRacers Endurance Series mod, than those of a more reasonable size.

There are direct download links (one of the options is Dropbox, which may exhibit the same problem even through a browser, thus an alternative is also provided) for the custom car / skin pack in the opening post of this thread, as well as the General Information thread; in this case you would simply need to download the track via GetMod, which should be OK because the file size is much smaller.

Alteratively, and as Ole has suggested, you can join the private Steam Workshop group for the RDLMS - this would be the simplest option. Olé has already provided you with the link; just read through the instructions in the opening post.

I had the spectator bug twice in the last days
When did you, or the driver with whom you were swapping, press "RACE" once riding as a passenger? Just to be certain it is recommended that this should be done before the car enters the pits but after the current driver has selected the next driver via the pit menu.

If the problem does occur then the new driver might be able to reconnect by disconnecting from the server (simply pull out the network cable), before reconnecting to the Internet, and trying to join the server as a driver (remember to turn off spectator mode, and select your car). If this does not work either then the previous driver could attempt to do the same. Whatever you do, however, don't press 'ESC' as this will destroy any chance of a driver being able to rejoin in your car.

View attachment 177631

As you may have seen (and maybe anticipated), we shall now be serving component files for the RDLMS - the cars, safety car, tracks, and server mod files needed to access the servers - via a private Steam Workshop group! This is an incredibly exciting development for the league, predominantly because it will help to simplify and streamline the process of downloading and installing required resources, especially the custom car / skin pack as the base EnduRacers Endurance Series mod is rather substantial in size.

If you are not already aware, after the initial download of an item to which you have subscribed in the Steam Workshop, only the updated portion of files will be retrieved whenever a new version is released - this will significantly reduce the size of downloads. Not to mention that the Workshop is a much more robust and reliable delivery mechanism, compared to Dropbox (via GetMod) which has been somewhat unreliable of late. So for these reasons alone we would recommend that you subscribe to the Steam Workshop group as it will allow you to quickly receive the latest updates as they become available.

To join the private Workshop group please follow these instructions:
  • Step 1
Login to Steam via your web browser and send a "friend request" to Gijs van Elderen (click here to view his profile)
  • Step 2
Reply to Joining the RDLMS Steam Workshop Group thread with the following information:

Once the "friend request" has been accepted your post will be "liked" to confirm.
  • Step 3 (Important)
Uninstall all RDLMS related content - cars, safety car, tracks and server mods - that you currently have installed, either via the Launcher or Mod Manager (ModMgr.exe), to prevent any potential conflicts; the Workshop will now manage the relevant resources and mod files required for the RDLMS
  • Step 4
Login to Steam via your web browser and "Subscribe" to this item: RDLMS Content
  • Step 5
Open the Steam client, if you have not done so already, and wait for the component files to download an install

The initial download will be quite large, but when components are updated in the future (e.g. new liveries added to the custom car / skin pack) only the differences between your version and the version in the Workshop will be retrieved so subsequent downloads will be considerably smaller in size.
Now that you have subscribed to the private Steam Workshop group, all of the required resources will be kept up-to-date and automatically installed before you login to the server - no manual management of component files or server mods will be necessary.

If you have any questions, or experience any issues, please write a message in the General Discussion thread, or send a PM to me (@Daiman Patel) and @Gijs van Elderen.
JAYME73BROOKS
Jayme Brooks
Relief Driver

When did you, or the driver with whom you were swapping, press "RACE" once riding as a passenger? Just to be certain it is recommended that this should be done before the car enters the pits but after the current driver has selected the next driver via the pit menu.
If the problem does occur then the new driver might be able to reconnect by disconnecting from the server (simply pull out the network cable), before reconnecting to the Internet, and trying to join the server as a driver (remember to turn off spectator mode, and select your car). If this does not work either then the previous driver could attempt to do the same. Whatever you do, however, don't press 'ESC' as this will destroy any chance of a driver being able to rejoin in your car.
Nope, doesn't have anything to do with the driver swap.
Guess you don't know what I mean. Spectator bug is a bug in rf2 where you don't see the other cars. Mostly happen if you have to end the task of the game due to some reason, or your game crashes due to a server crash, and joining the server again. Then it can sometimes happen that you get this bug. Just a reboot of the PC do solve the problem. The bug is there since ISI but ISI and even Marcel can't/couldn't solve it that easy cause this bug can't be reproduced that easy. It does not happen to everyone, some don't have any problem even after a crash but I do :p There seem to remain "parts" of the player at the server which causes it.

Nope, doesn't have anything to do with the driver swap.
Guess you don't know what I mean. Spectator bug is a bug in rf2 where you don't see the other cars. Mostly happen if you have to end the task of the game due to some reason, or your game crashes due to a server crash, and joining the server again. Then it can sometimes happen that you get this bug. Just a reboot of the PC do solve the problem. The bug is there since ISI but ISI and even Marcel can't/couldn't solve it that easy cause this bug can't be reproduced that easy. It does not happen to everyone, some don't have any problem even after a crash but I do :p There seem to remain "parts" of the player at the server which causes it.
Ah, my apologies - I completely misunderstood! :redface: Just so I can be sure that I have understood you properly, did you say that restarting your PC fixes the problem?

Ah, my apologies - I completely misunderstood! :redface: Just so I can be sure that I have understood you properly, did you say that restarting your PC fixes the problem?

If the problem occur for someone, just restarting the PC solve the problem. If you join the server after a crash it can happen, but must not happen. All my teammates don't have this problem, but I. It is random. Sometimes it works without the bug, but most of the time I get it. There is nothing you or me can do, we just can hope Marcel can solve it someday.

IMPORTANT!

Apologies for the delay to the server restart. Unfortunately the server has picked a rather inconvenient time to update, so it is taking a little longer than expected to get up and running again. We shall let you know as soon as we are back online, and when you can start logging in to TeamSpeak and the rFactor 2 server for Round 1.

IMPORTANT!

TeamSpeak and the rFactor 2 server for Round 1 are now up! The Official Practice session has now commenced - only one car per team on the server from now on please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back