RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting the nvlddmkm crash :(
The game crashes when I am doing long stints and the event viewer says: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Hi guys i'm having some problems logging in#to the server for some practice. I keep getting "Failed Verification"

Is there something i'm doing wrong?
www222.png

It's anyone else getting lack of sense of speed on the server today? it was ok the other days even with the same amount of cars, but today it seems like driving in a dream (a bad one). I reduved all the graphics settings almost to low, but it is the same.

What kind of issues did you have @Ole Marius Myrvold ? I had some really weird looking shadows yesterday.

It used to be this one:
The game crashes when I am doing long stints and the event viewer says: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

At random times, after 2 min or 90min i could get this.I disabled TDR to see if it was just a random error that didn't have to be an error, but no - that just froze my whole computer. After enabling TDR, the same issue happens, but I don't get any error message, not even in Event Log on my PC.
Tried with SLI, SLI with rF2 bits, with LEGO Batman bits (which gives the best SLI performance), without SLI, overclocked, underclocked. Reinstalled rF2, cleaned everything, checked that I had zero custom nVidia profiler stuff. Cleaned everything again. Tried fullscreen, windowed, borderless mode.
Nothing helped.
What I did earlier tonight was putting Track Detail to Medium. Shadow Blur to fast. Reflection to Low.
I've now been on the server for 2hrs30 min without issues. I am far from sure that this is the solution, but I'll stay on here for quite a while and hope for the best.

What I did earlier tonight was putting Track Detail to Medium. Shadow Blur to fast. Reflection to Low.
I've now been on the server for 2hrs30 min without issues. I am far from sure that this is the solution, but I'll stay on here for quite a while and hope for the best.

I had Shadow Blur and Reflection OFF already. Turned Circuit Detail to Medium now as well...

Also I have edited the Registry to delay the error report and downclocked my GPU by 100mhz.
I have a GTX980 also btw

Let's hope there won't be any random nVidia rFactor 2 issues tomorrow! I know I've had enough of them during testing!

From the Build 1108 release notes:

Fixed sporadic nVidia driver crash on certain tracks. The fix, which is only needed if you were experiencing driver crashes and restarts, can be activated by changing the value WorkaroundFlags=1 in the Config.ini with a text editor. Please make sure to delete your shader cache manually (the files in UserData\Log\Shaders) when making this change.

I had Shadow Blur and Reflection OFF already. Turned Circuit Detail to Medium now as well...

Also I have edited the Registry to delay the error report and downclocked my GPU by 100mhz.
I have a GTX980 also btw

Ye, it seems like the 980 cars are struggling the most with this for some reason. I put the TDR back to original state and stuff when that didn't work for me.
Also, downclocked the GPU with -100, memory clock -152, power target at 84% and temp.target at 75C

Was there a server crash just now? I got disconnected and now I can't find the server from the list? And there was 8 drivers on at the time, I looked at liverracers afterward and there were 0

Fixed sporadic nVidia driver crash on certain tracks. The fix, which is only needed if you were experiencing driver crashes and restarts, can be activated by changing the value WorkaroundFlags=1 in the Config.ini with a text editor. Please make sure to delete your shader cache manually (the files in UserData\Log\Shaders) when making this change.

Yup, that didn't work at all for me, I forgot to list that in all the stuff I did. I thought it worked when I was able to do a whole race stint then some, but no, when I came back from making dinner it was all gone again :/

Oh thanks. I actually read that when it was released but forgot about it as I never had those crashes! Lets hope this helps.

Edit: Just lost hope when I read Ole's last post :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back