GRAB_002.JPG
GRAB_003.JPG
GRAB_004.JPG
GRAB_005.JPG
GRAB_006.JPG
GRAB_007.JPG
GRAB_008.JPG
GRAB_009.JPG

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Unfortunately we are not intending to release any more track updates, especially so close to Round 1 and the start of the season. And also we were not planning to make (nor would we have actually made) any further changes to Interlagos when you asked this question at the beginning of the week. This is because we do not want to (continuously) release updates for minor revisions as it may be an inconvenience for participants and it also increases the likelihood of bugs being accidentally introduced. Now that the track is suitable for league, and specifically RDLMS use a new version, containing fixes, alterations and improvements, will only be made available if a critical issue is discovered. I'm sorry about this.

Our efforts are now focussed on making appropriate modifications and updates to Silverstone, in preparation for Round 2.

Time acceleration has now been reduced from x5 to x3 (and this shall be set to x1 just before the start of the event, when the server is restarted).

The "Headlights required" parameter was already set to false in the rFm file used to create the server mod, as we are aware this can cause problems (though the flag rules are set to Full w/o DQ anyway - Race Control will be in control of disqualifications). As you have suggested, an announcement shall be made via TeamSpeak (and via the in-game chat feature) to notify teams and drivers when headlights ought to be turned on.

Finally the time between sessions has been increased from 15 seconds to 60 seconds, and this now also applies during the practice session as well as the qualifying session.

(I don't know if you noticed, but I actually updated the configuration on Tuesday, after I had read your message, but this is the first opportunity I have had to respond to inform you that the changes have been made.) :p

No we are not, the reason being that most of the Endurance Series mod is encrypted therefore, as far as I'm aware, it's not possible for us to access the necessary files to change the colour of the branding on the tyres to indicate the compound. As much as I like the sound of this idea, I don't know how to make this modification if it is actually possible - I am unable to find the .dds files corresponding to the tyres. My apologies about this.

You can see which compound a driver is using through liveracers livetimes, if you click on the driver you'll see real time statistics including tires compound. That will be useful for the broadcast commentators maybe!

getting exciting now :) just need to get a jumbo pack of redbull and 40 smokes for my stint lol

And here they are lined up now :) Ever wandered what happened to the Mini's after the league??

4d1ceaf55d51df5fb2c29f48f797dbc4.jpg

You can see which compound a driver is using through liveracers livetimes, if you click on the driver you'll see real time statistics including tires compound. That will be useful for the broadcast commentators maybe!
Indeed, LiveRacers is able to provide some fairly useful statistics about drivers and information about the cars, which will be especially helpful to the commentary team. :D I was already aware of this, and have mentioned it to a few of the commentators (I shall inform the rest during a meeting we have this evening in preparation for the first race), nevertheless thank you for the reminder. :thumbsup:

Indeed, LiveRacers is able to provide some fairly useful statistics about drivers and information about the cars, which will be especially helpful to the commentary team. :D I was already aware of this, and have mentioned it to a few of the commentators (I shall inform the rest during a meeting we have this evening in preparation for the first race), nevertheless thank you for the reminder. :thumbsup:

In every race, where i took part, and where Liveracers was used, it caused stability problems. So, if i can give you an advice: Dont use it. Sure it can last, no question. But from my experience it is unusable in endurance races. So if you can switch to an other, use it. I prefer the TV Plugin, which you will probably use :p, and the console in it. There you get every necessary information you need and it is far more stable than Liveracers.

I wanted to say something else, but forgot it xD Getting old..... :p

Just my 2 cents :)

The problem with LiveRacers for me is that it most of the time it shows very random stuff.
Will this work properly during the race? :)

The problem with LiveRacers for me is that it most of the time it shows very random stuff.
Will this work properly during the race? :)
Unfortunately what LiveRacers displays is completely out of our control; data is simply sent to their servers via the plugin (for the rFactor 2 dedicated server) on the RaceDepartment server. This is why we have set up an alternative live timing application, which is available here. :thumbsup:

Okay, so i have one thing to say about the upcoming race and during the season. In overall, P2 and GT just don't interact quite well with each other while there's an overtake. The thing is guys with GT, i know you are in your own race, and you don't want to lose time watching your mirros, but please stay on your racing line, don't brake or just don't do anything different from what your are doing normally. We'll do the overtake. It's by far more dangerous to brake and let us pass, as if we were already making the move... It's generally rip for both cars. So please, be cautious about that. And also, i hope the P2 won't divebombs on the inside etc, it's a 12h race, so would be cool to not risking one or two pass on this kind of events.

i hope the P2 won't divebombs on the inside etc, it's a 12h race, so would be cool to not risking one or two pass on this kind of events.

To add to this, going around a GT car on the outside on long sweeping corners (see Curva da Sol and Ferradura especially, but not only those) is not a smart idea, a GT car will naturally drift to the outside as it doesn't have anything near the downforce that a P car have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back