RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to have the live plugin weather active on the server ? As we may have some rain during the race, it can be good to practice on it and adjust the setup on these conditions.

Is it possible to have the live plugin weather active on the server ? As we may have some rain during the race, it can be good to practice on it and adjust the setup on these conditions.
Of course, I would be more than happy to set up the real-time weather plugin. :thumbsup: However I will not be able to sort this out until tomorrow, as I shall not have access to a PC until the morning. I hope this is OK.

They have repainted the curbs ... :cautious: ... So, ... :thumbsup:
Silverstone.jpg

@Era, and all other RDLMS participants who are training & testing on the Round 1 server: if you have not already noticed (or seen), I would just like to inform you that the live weather plugin is now running and feeding "real-time" data into the server. I started the application this morning - apologies for not informing you sooner, I have been away from my PC for most of the day - and it has been raining for most of the day, so I imagine that the track is currently pretty damp and significantly lacking in rubber. :whistling:

The reason why I say "real-time" (including the quotes) is because data is actually only retrieved approximately every 3 minutes due to the limit on the number of API calls that can be made to the Wunderground service on a daily basis (500 requests, per API key, in a 24 hour period). The in-game weather will change according to the information received, when it is received, but transitions between changing conditions are expected to be relatively smooth.

I shall leave the weather application running from now on, to give you all the opportunity to drive in varying conditions, and if necessary / required a second server will be setup that will allow drivers to practice and test on a solely dry track. :)

Please let me know if you have questions regarding the use of live weather or the tool itself, or if you have any queries related to the RDLMS. And if you experience any issues please tag me in your message so that I can be notified and investigate the problem. :thumbsup:

Just did a few laps on the wet track. There was no rain any more and once a few other guys joined the server the racing line dried up a bit.
However when it started to rain again I did not see any rain drops. I know rfactor has no rain on the wind shield, but normal rain should be visible. The only way to notice it was that the dried up racing line would vanish. I checked my settings and rain drops were enabled.
Is it normal that the rain is not visible at night?

@Era, and all other RDLMS participants who are training & testing on the Round 1 server: if you have not already noticed (or seen), I would just like to inform you that the live weather plugin is now running and feeding "real-time" data into the server. I started the application this morning - apologies for not informing you sooner, I have been away from my PC for most of the day - and it has been raining for most of the day, so I imagine that the track is currently pretty damp and significantly lacking in rubber. :whistling:

The reason why I say "real-time" (including the quotes) is because data is actually only retrieved approximately every 3 minutes due to the limit on the number of API calls that can be made to the Wunderground service on a daily basis (500 requests, per API key, in a 24 hour period). The in-game weather will change according to the information received, when it is received, but transitions between changing conditions are expected to be relatively smooth.

I shall leave the weather application running from now on, to give you all the opportunity to drive in varying conditions, and if necessary / required a second server will be setup that will allow drivers to practice and test on a solely dry track. :)

Please let me know if you have questions regarding the use of live weather or the tool itself, or if you have any queries related to the RDLMS. And if you experience any issues please tag me in your message so that I can be notified and investigate the problem. :thumbsup:
Yup, could you set up the dry server? We want to test cars to choose properly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back