RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like many crashes will happen due to overtake attempts when one car goes a little wide in T3 for example, which can happen very easily when trying to outbreak the other car to defend the position.
The Porsche GTE lifts off and flips over upon contact with those bumps. :O_o:

I just want to give my personal opinion, I don't intend to be rude or disrespectful towards people who are WITHOUT DOUBTS working hard for this race to happen.

Having my team taken part to the test race, we learned a few things. One of them is that not all the racers on the track know how to properly behave in such an event. During a 2H test race with 20 drivers (NOT 40 as there should be at round 1) we had 6 incidents. Most of them were caused by lapping P2s too eager to go past GTs. We lost positions and luckly avoided major crashes.

Having useless bumps like at the exit of Descida do Lago or Junçao is just going to dramatically increase chances of major casualties during the race. The possibility of a crash caused by a misjudged braking point (for any reason such lapping P2s, tires loosing grip, distraction of the driver, etc..) are already high in a 12H race, but putting curbs in the middle of a gateway point that could be used to avoid an incident is absolutely unreasonable. And they could be hit by mistake as well, leading to something easily predictable.

Putting curbs to avoid track cutting is fine by me, but the curbs should be placed enought far from the white line to consent the drivers to brake the rules and go outside the white line. Not because I want to brake such an important rule, but because drivers that are not able to stay in the track limits should be punished. There are race stewards watching over us and I think drivers are more than willing to report rival teams braking rules. As it happens in real life.
Putting all of us in a ''track cage'' made out of useless curbs is highly risky and means also that you're treating us like children that are not able to obey basic rules. I don't fully disagree with you on this point, most of the times we are. But having signed up in one of the biggest european leagues means facing many rules and should mean being punished if said rules are not followed.
Does not mean artificially trying to avoid that drivers brake those rules so that everybody is always in the ''legal zone'' and get his icecream in the end.

I know you're trying to avoid discussions and arguments with the partecipants, but I think the rules are preatty clear. And I still think you admins are in full charge, so there should be little room for discussion on the evidence of an infraction.
Cause that's how races work everywhere.

Again, thanks for your work, I hope my harsh but onest feedback could be useful in anyway ;)

How do the casualty behave? If the racecontrol call a full course yellow, in real life, there is usually a timeframe until the casualty car is out. How do we behave. For example if I have an incident and iam not able to rejoin the race/field, do I have to stay there for 3 minutes before I press esc? Otherwise a full course yellow wouldn't make much sense :)
Daiman can confirm this is correct,but i think you should not hit esc ever during the race.If you do your race is over.If you damage your car to the point it is immobile,such as a blown engine you should end task on rf2 by control/alt/del.This way you can rejoin with a new car and continue.
I know Matt. Just a disconnecting allows you to rejoin the race. But that's not what I want to know :) Iam confirm with the procedure of "How to rejoin the race". I want to know how we, as casualty, have to behave :)
Apologies for not getting back to you sooner - for some reason I did not receive any notifications when these messages were posted. :unsure:

Regarding the full-course yellow this will typically only be called and enforced if there is a slow moving car on track following an incident - that is if a car has sustained (significant) damage, and the driver decides to make their own way to the pits. If the driver decides to leave and rejoin the server (at any point - even if they have already started to make their way back to the pits) then a full-course yellow will not be imposed (or called off if it is already in effect). If a driver is unable to get their car going, due to more severe or permanent damage, then they should immediately press ESC or disconnect from the server, and in this case no full-course yellow will be thrown.

Depending on its type and severity, incidents resulting in a full-course yellow will be reviewed by stewards. A penalty will not be issued to a driver for leaving the server after being involved in an incident - there is no way for us to know if there might be another (potentially network related) problem that resulted in the disconnect - unless this driver is found to be at fault for the incident, in which case the penalty will be applied once the driver has rejoined or after the race (whichever is deemed to be the most appropriate option at the time). For clarity, if the slow moving car remains on the server, and its driver is found to be the perpetrator when the incident is reviewed, a penalty will be issued once this car has exited the pits.

I would just like to say, however, that full-course yellows shall only be called if absolutely necessary - we intend their use to be seldom, and as short as possible if enforced.

This response is probably a bit more extensive than what you were looking for, but I hope it helps. :)

So hang on, if you wipe out the car you can basically just force shut your game and get a respawn? I know you lose a couple of laps but still that seems dodgy as shite, if you write your car off or blow your engine you should be out of the race.

Is that seriously allowed @Daiman Patel ?

So hang on, if you wipe out the car you can basically just force shut your game and get a respawn? I know you lose a couple of laps but still that seems dodgy as shite, if you write your car off or blow your engine you should be out of the race.

There should be a plugin which restores the car back on the server with damage. Even though with the current repair times it takes as much if not more time to do a disconnection. It is completely absurd in case someone has an engine failure though.

There should be a plugin which restores the car back on the server with damage. Even though with the current repair times it takes as much if not more time to do a disconnection. It is completely absurd in case someone has an engine failure though.
Yeah I think that would at least be fair, the car would definitely have to be returned in its damaged state, and if engine blown, game over. I guess the disconnect would be the same as getting trailered back to the pits.

Does WEC allow cars to be repaired and put back on track if they can't make it back themselves and are returned on flat bed?

You dont need a plugin for it. There is an option in rf2 already where you can decide in which physical condition the car is when you rejoin the race:

"Race Rejoin":0,
"Race Rejoin#":"Whether disconnected players can rejoin a race session: 0=no 1=yes with fresh vehicle 2=yes with vehicle in same physical condition 3=yes including setup",

Yeah I think that would at least be fair, the car would definitely have to be returned in its damaged state, and if engine blown, game over. I guess the disconnect would be the same as getting trailered back to the pits.

Does WEC allow cars to be repaired and put back on track if they can't make it back themselves and are returned on flat bed?
You dont need a plugin for it. There is an option in rf2 already where you can decide in which physical condition the car is when you rejoin the race:

"Race Rejoin":0,
"Race Rejoin#":"Whether disconnected players can rejoin a race session: 0=no 1=yes with fresh vehicle 2=yes with vehicle in same physical condition 3=yes including setup",
Apologies for the ambiguity in my answer - I seem to be making a habit of this... :whistling:

I agree that allowing disconnected drivers to rejoin with a fresh car (whether the car had minor or major damage, or was terminally damaged / irreparable prior to the disconnect) would not be realistic, or fair on other participants who avoid incidents or choose to drive back to the pits following an incident. Therefore the physical state of a car, immediately prior to its driver disconnecting from the server, shall always be retained; when a driver rejoins the race the condition of their car will be the same as it was before they disconnected.

If the car cannot be driven, due to heavy damage or a blown engine for example, then the team will be out of the race, else the driver will be permitted to drive to their pit box for repairs. If the pit box is directly outside (or after) the garage in which the car is parked then the driver may request a pit stop and immediately drive to and enter their box, however if it is located before the garage then the car must go around the circuit before re-entering the pits so that the damage may be repaired. Reversing down the pit lane is strictly forbidden, therefore if the car is required to exit the pits and complete a lap then Race Control should be notified so that other participants can be warned of a potentially slow moving car on the track; if deemed necessary a full-course yellow will be thrown in this situation. Due to the time that could potentially be lost as a result of disconnecting and having to drive around the circuit to reach the car's pit box we recommend that drivers remain on the server and actually make their way to the pits following an incident.

As @Stefan Kanitz has kindly pointed out, there is an option in the Multiplayer.JSON file to retain damage following a rejoin; this has already been set to the appropriate value of 2.

As you have said, disconnecting from the server would effectively be the equivalent of a trailer returning a car to the pits for repairs following an incident. The reason why I mentioned it in my response to Stefan's question is simply because disconnecting from the server is one of the possible and valid options for returning to the pits. Some teams and drivers may feel as though immediately removing themselves from the track / a situation, after an incident, may be the better and safer option to prevent further issues - this is a completely fair decision and action. But as I have mentioned drivers would be taking a risk by doing this, because upon rejoining the race they may need to drive around the circuit anyway to reach their pit box if it is not ideally positioned in relation to the garage.

I hope this has helped to clear things up. :) Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Apologies for the ambiguity in my answer - I seem to be making a habit of this... :whistling:

I agree that allowing disconnected drivers to rejoin with a fresh car (whether the car had minor or major damage, or was terminally damaged / irreparable prior to the disconnect) would not be realistic, or fair on other participants who avoid incidents or choose to drive back to the pits following an incident. Therefore the physical state of a car, immediately prior to its driver disconnecting from the server, shall always be retained; when a driver rejoins the race the condition of their car will be the same as it was before they disconnected.

If the car cannot be driven, due to heavy damage or a blown engine for example, then the team will be out of the race, else the driver will be permitted to drive to their pit box for repairs. If the pit box is directly outside (or after) the garage in which the car is parked then the driver may request a pit stop and immediately drive to and enter their box, however if it is located before the garage then the car must go around the circuit before re-entering the pits so that the damage may be repaired. Reversing down the pit lane is strictly forbidden, therefore if the car is required to exit the pits and complete a lap then Race Control should be notified so that other participants can be warned of a potentially slow moving car on the track; if deemed necessary a full-course yellow will be thrown in this situation. Due to the time that could potentially be lost as a result of disconnecting and having to drive around the circuit to reach the car's pit box we recommend that drivers remain on the server and actually make their way to the pits following an incident.

As @Stefan Kanitz has kindly pointed out, there is an option in the Multiplayer.JSON file to retain damage following a rejoin; this has already been set to the appropriate value of 2.

As you have said, disconnecting from the server would effectively be the equivalent of a trailer returning a car to the pits for repairs following an incident. The reason why I mentioned it in my response to Stefan's question is simply because disconnecting from the server is one of the possible and valid options for returning to the pits. Some teams and drivers may feel as though immediately removing themselves from the track / a situation, after an incident, may be the better and safer option to prevent further issues - this is a completely fair decision and action. But as I have mentioned drivers would be taking a risk by doing this, because upon rejoining the race they may need to drive around the circuit anyway to reach their pit box if it is not ideally positioned in relation to the garage.

I hope this has helped to clear things up. :) Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Haha thanks Daiman, not at all, apologies I keep being thick and asking clarification :)

Daiman can confirm this is correct,but i think you should not hit esc ever during the race.If you do your race is over.If you damage your car to the point it is immobile,such as a blown engine you should end task on rf2 by control/alt/del.This way you can rejoin with a new car and continue.

It was really only this message that threw me, the rejoin with a new car and continue, that really didn't seem right so it's good to know that is not the case and the car will still be in its damaged state.

Thank you for clarifying, you're doing an awesome job!

Haha thanks Daiman, not at all, apologies I keep being thick and asking clarification :)
Not a problem Shawn! :D And I wouldn't call it "being thick", rather I would say that you're very attentive - I admit that my explanations have been somewhat vague on several occasions, and you have always picked up on it. :p At the end of the day this is not only beneficial for yourself, but everyone who is taking part, so thanks for asking questions and bringing potential matters of uncertainty to my attention. :thumbsup:

It was really only this message that threw me, the rejoin with a new car and continue, that really didn't seem right so it's good to know that is not the case and the car will still be in its damaged state.

Thank you for clarifying, you're doing an awesome job!
Aha, yes - I had missed the bit about being able to rejoin with a new car after it became immobile and irreparable. My mistake... :whistling: I'm glad that this has now been cleared up, and everyone is aware that a car's state will be retained when a driver disconnects from and rejoins the race. I shall update the rules and regulations in the coming week, so that this can be included as the official standpoint for rejoining a race.

Once again, it's not a problem mate, and thank you very much. :)

IMPORTANT!

A new version - v1.02 - of the Interlagos circuit, for Round 1 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro, has now been released. In light of the great and incredibly helpful feedback that we received over the past week, a number of revisions have been made predominantly to the speed bumps that were placed around the track to prevent cutting and to discourage cars from exceeding the circuit boundaries. Changes include flattening, adjusting the position of, and in some cases completely removing the speed bumps, especially those that caused the most concern and also wherever else it was deemed necessary. There should now be more room for error around most of the corners, and it should now be possible (where appropriate) to take cars to the edge of the white line indicating the circuit boundary. Please note, however, that custom "cut corridors" have NOT been implemented, nor have existing "cut corridors" (added by ISI) been changed therefore standard penalties will still be applied if the game and track deems that you have cut a corner or unfairly / excessively gone beyond the circuit boundaries. If you have any questions, experience any problems, or have further feedback for us regarding this update then please get in touch and let us know.

If you have already subscribed to the private Steam Workshop group - see here for more information - then the new and updated component files will be automatically downloaded when you open the Steam client (you shall need to close rFactor 2, including the Launcher, first / before you log in to the server else the process to retrieve updates from the Workshop will not commence). If you have not yet subscribed to the private Workshop group then you may do so by following these instructions, else as usual the updated resources will be automatically downloaded and installed via GetMod when you login to the official RaceDepartment server for the RDLMS (RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R1). If you experience any issues with acquiring the updated files then please inform us as soon as possible so that we can investigate and rectify any problems.

I would also like to take this opportunity to remind all teams to submit any new or updated skins. The final version of the custom car / skin pack (v1.2) shall be released on Saturday 25th March; the submission deadline shall be Friday 24th March. If you are unable to provide a skin then please contact me as soon as possible so that provisions may be made, else any team whose skin is not in v1.2 of the pack shall not be permitted to race.

Round 1, the Thrustmaster 12 Hours of Interlagos, is now a little under 3 weeks away. The action begins on Saturday 1st April, with Official Practice commencing at 11:00 GMT, GT Qualifying at 11:45 GMT and Prototype Qualifying at 12:15 GMT, before the green flag is waved and the Race begins at 13:00 GMT. More information can be found here. And remember that a live broadcast, including commentary, will be available throughout the race, for all 6 rounds of the series. We hope that you are as excited as we are, as Season 7 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro is about to get underway.

IMPORTANT!

A new version - v1.02 - of the Interlagos circuit, for Round 1 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro, has now been released. In light of the great and incredibly helpful feedback that we received over the past week, a number of revisions have been made predominantly to the speed bumps that were placed around the track to prevent cutting and to discourage cars from exceeding the circuit boundaries. Changes include flattening, adjusting the position of, and in some cases completely removing the speed bumps, especially those that caused the most concern and also wherever else it was deemed necessary. There should now be more room for error around most of the corners, and it should now be possible (where appropriate) to take cars to the edge of the white line indicating the circuit boundary. Please note, however, that custom "cut corridors" have NOT been implemented, nor have existing "cut corridors" (added by ISI) been changed therefore standard penalties will still be applied if the game and track deems that you have cut a corner or unfairly / excessively gone beyond the circuit boundaries. If you have any questions, experience any problems, or have further feedback for us regarding this update then please get in touch and let us know.

If you have already subscribed to the private Steam Workshop group - see here for more information - then the new and updated component files will be automatically downloaded when you open the Steam client (you shall need to close rFactor 2, including the Launcher, first / before you log in to the server else the process to retrieve updates from the Workshop will not commence). If you have not yet subscribed to the private Workshop group then you may do so by following these instructions, else as usual the updated resources will be automatically downloaded and installed via GetMod when you login to the official RaceDepartment server for the RDLMS (RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R1). If you experience any issues with acquiring the updated files then please inform us as soon as possible so that we can investigate and rectify any problems.

I would also like to take this opportunity to remind all teams to submit any new or updated skins. The final version of the custom car / skin pack (v1.2) shall be released on Saturday 25th March; the submission deadline shall be Friday 24th March. If you are unable to provide a skin then please contact me as soon as possible so that provisions may be made, else any team whose skin is not in v1.2 of the pack shall not be permitted to race.

Round 1, the Thrustmaster 12 Hours of Interlagos, is now a little under 3 weeks away. The action begins on Saturday 1st April, with Official Practice commencing at 11:00 GMT, GT Qualifying at 11:45 GMT and Prototype Qualifying at 12:15 GMT, before the green flag is waved and the Race begins at 13:00 GMT. More information can be found here. And remember that a live broadcast, including commentary, will be available throughout the race, for all 6 rounds of the series. We hope that you are as excited as we are, as Season 7 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro is about to get underway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%