RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting the bumps in zones where you don't gain time by running over them is useless. Moreover, I believe the bumps on the outside of the corners are only dangerous..The ones on the inside, so that they prevent cutting, I think they are fine.
But please take into account that this is not Monaco, put them with some margin.

Tried last night for 1st time. Bumps are ok, they are doing what's intended. Unless they have been changed already? They are fine I feel I can gain time by using them as a marker tbh.

Still the same. There is more room for error with next update. :)

I'm currently experimenting with the cut corridors. They work fine as designed. But there is 1 downfall:
You get 2 warnings first then a S/G after this every infraction will lead to a S/G. Even if you did the penalty, did a pistop or drove clean for an hour.
So for a 12 hour race, it is not that cool. I guess everyone will go wide or accidently cut a few times during a 12 hour race.
A warning is harmless. But eventually it will turn into a S/G. And afer that you don't get a warning no more.

So the current system is good for sprint races. But not for enduro races. So i'll set them back to default. :whistling:

I'm currently experimenting with the cut corridors. They work fine as designed. But there is 1 downfall:
You get 2 warnings first then a S/G after this every infraction will lead to a S/G. Even if you did the penalty, did a pistop or drove clean for an hour.
So for a 12 hour race, it is not that cool. I guess everyone will go wide or accidently cut a few times during a 12 hour race.
A warning is harmless. But eventually it will turn into a S/G. And afer that you don't get a warning no more.

So the current system is good for sprint races. But not for enduro races. So i'll set them back to default. :whistling:
The warning count should reset when you make a driver swap. In a recent endurance race I did, I received a stop/go on my third cut but my teammate had a cut before I took over the car, so it was technically the fourth cut for the car.

So realistically you're not looking at having two warnings for an entire 12-hour race, but two warnings until you swap drivers, and you can also avoid a warning by slowing down if you go wide. The system works pretty well in other leagues :)

The system works pretty well
A lot of people are very sceptical about the rF2 anti cut system. My included. :D
But thus far everything works as designed. Keeping a minimum of 2 wheels in contact with the "legal" surface and you'll be fine and there are no false positives.
Outside the "legal" boundery's there is a calculation if you've gained time versus 95% of normal speed.
If you lift throttle and lose just 5%. You'll be fine.

Nice to know a driver swap resets the warnings. :) However just 2 warnings isn't much in 2-4 hour stint.
On the other hand for Silverstone: Putting speedbumps on the exits of Copse and Stowe isn't ideal either...

Please do NOT use any penalty systems. The only thing i hate more is DRS, and by a small margin. They never work right and are way more complicated than just phisically making us conform to the track. I really dont feel like driving at 90% the whole race...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 164 25.7%
  • Full game

Votes: 158 24.8%
  • CPU

Votes: 78 12.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 119 18.7%