RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be i misinterpreted 2 wheels "within" or "on" the white line...

@Bram ... thoughts?
At least 2 wheels must be within the track boundaries (white / yellow lines) at all times. If all 4 wheels are over the line (this includes 2 wheels being fully on the line) then the car would be deemed to have exceeded the boundaries.

Hopefully the following image will help to clear things up (apologies for its crudeness - I have very quickly just put this together in Paint to show what it deemed to be legal and illegal):
Track Boundaries.png

At least 2 wheels must be within the track boundaries (white / yellow lines) at all times. If all 4 wheels are over the line (this includes 2 wheels being fully on the line) then the car would be deemed to have exceeded the boundaries.

Hopefully the following image will help to clear things up (apologies for its crudeness - I have very quickly just put this together in Paint to show what it deemed to be legal and illegal):
View attachment 177890
Sorry, for all the leagues I've run here the white line was considered a part of the track. Thanks for explaining the recent change.

Either way, the bumps are going over the black surface as shown in my pictures. So it is going over what is said in the rules regardless.

I understand the organizers have the freedom to shorten the track surface at their discretion. The objective of my post was just express concerns regarding possible incidents caused by (imo) agressive track cut barriers.

Sorry, for all the leagues I've run here the white line was considered a part of the track. Thanks for explaining the recent change.

Either way, the bumps are going over the black surface as shown in my pictures. So it is going over what is said in the rules regardless.

I understand the organizers have the freedom to shorten the track surface at their discretion. The objective of my post was just express concerns regarding possible incidents caused by (imo) agressive track cut barriers.
I guess the rules have been interpreted in different ways by each of us, hence some of the confusion we have seen in the past. This is why I created the diagram - to clarify exactly what will be deemed as legal and illegal, in terms of staying within the circuit boundaries. This is the same interpretation that was also used and adhered to for the VSC2 (RDLMS Season 6), so it is not a recent change.

I do agree, however, that some of the bumps are unnecessary and dangerous, so we shall look to move or even remove these where appropriate. I completely understand where you are coming from, and can see that there are speed bumps in a few areas that are too close to the circuit and could cause damage or accidents. I have shared my concerns with Gijs, and we shall work to rectify the issues as soon as possible.

How about placing a "red field" at the exit of some corners, not related to Interlagos, like it is in the DTM in Hockenheim in Turn 1? Would give us a bit more room. Or using one "sausage" as anti cut through the whole corner instead of 4 or 5 small one?

Haven't done any lap so far but from the pictures posted above, wouldn't it be better to use an other color like red?

How do the casualty behave? If the racecontrol call a full course yellow, in real life, there is usually a timeframe until the casualty car is out. How do we behave. For example if I have an incident and iam not able to rejoin the race/field, do I have to stay there for 3 minutes before I press esc? Otherwise a full course yellow wouldn't make much sense :)

How do the casualty behave? If the racecontrol call a full course yellow, in real life, there is usually a timeframe until the casualty car is out. How do we behave. For example if I have an incident and iam not able to rejoin the race/field, do I have to stay there for 3 minutes before I press esc? Otherwise a full course yellow wouldn't make much sense :)
Daiman can confirm this is correct,but i think you should not hit esc ever during the race.If you do your race is over.If you damage your car to the point it is immobile,such as a blown engine you should end task on rf2 by control/alt/del.This way you can rejoin with a new car and continue.

Daiman can confirm this is correct,but i think you should not hit esc ever during the race.If you do your race is over.If you damage your car to the point it is immobile,such as a blown engine you should end task on rf2 by control/alt/del.This way you can rejoin with a new car and continue.

I know Matt. Just a disconnecting allows you to rejoin the race. But that's not what I want to know :) Iam confirm with the procedure of "How to rejoin the race". I want to know how we, as casualty, have to behave :)

I understood the bumps at imola. There was so much time to gain from cutting. Here....is there really a lot to gain from cutting? Probably tyre wear will increase from taking tighter lines off track?

Plus there will be some average drivers in this league with high chance of making mistakes. One of them hits a bump and flips like our vette in imola and there will be potential for carnage?
Im assuming theyre the same bumps as imola? Lots of questions ...

One of them hits a bump and flips like our vette in imola and there will be potential for carnage?
I completely agree - this is one of the main reasons why the speed bumps are currently being revised. An update shall be made available soon; we shall keep you posted.

Im assuming theyre the same bumps as imola?
That is correct - the bumps are pretty much the same as those seen at Imola (as well as the test race at Bahrain).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back