RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes no offence joseph but there is a difference between finding information i.e. learning and being impatient.
Thank you for your response. I was happy to have a response from anyone in the community with more knowledge than myself. My only experience is watching the jimmy broadbents youtube channel and his seemed broken up into parts.
He most likely does them via events, which are limited to 6 hours. We use "Stream Now" which has no limit.

Hello guys, I watched stream few days ago of Le Mans in rFactor 2 :3 i kinda got hooked so i bought wheel and rF2 and here i am!
Since i was told i can join server to practice when race is not ongoing , i wonder how can i find server and play around ? :)

Hello guys, I watched stream few days ago of Le Mans in rFactor 2 :3 i kinda got hooked so i bought wheel and rF2 and here i am!
Since i was told i can join server to practice when race is not ongoing , i wonder how can i find server and play around ? :)
First things first you need to be a premium member to access club events or join a server for some hot lapping.Then it's just a matter of firing up rf2 and joining a RD server.When you feel your ready then sign up for a club race under the rfactor 2 section of the forums.:)

Hello
Do you know which version of Road America you are going to do the RD4 please?
We shall be using this version of Road America for Round 4, and once again it shall be customised specifically for the RDLMS. The custom version shall be released in the next few weeks, and the server for the next event will be going live soon so that teams can commence testing and training; more information about this later.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

A week has now passed since Round 3 - Thrustmaster 24 Hours of Le Mans - of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro, and I'm finally glad to say that the biggest and most gruelling, challenging and prestigious event of the season is now over! I would like to begin with an apology for taking so long to process the results and start responding to messages following the race; as I had focused so much on the RDLMS prior to Le Mans I needed to dedicate time to work last week as I have a lot of catching up to do over the next few weeks. I shall, however, start working my way through PMs, the Sign Up list, etc. over the course of this week and maybe also next week - I am trying to go as quickly as I can, and your patience would be greatly appreciated - before preparations commence for the next race.

So that's another event down - three to go! We have now reached the halfway point of the series, and a mid-season break which will give you all the perfect opportunity to take a breather and (hopefully) catch some rays after a tiring but exhilarating start to the championship. Meanwhile the organisation team will investigate and attempt to resolve previous issues, and make plans for the second part of the season.

On that note, in line with previous post-race announcements, I would like to say a big thank you to everyone involved in last week's event - organisers and stewards, broadcasters and commentators, the track development team and testers, and last but not least the editorial team! :thumbsup: Once again I will not mention any names because there are and have been so many people involved in the organisation of the RDLMS; without all of these people it would not be possible to bring you these events. And inversely, without all of you - the participants and viewers - there would be no events, so I will also take this opportunity to thank all of you for your involvement in the league to whatever degree this may be! I'm glad to hear that most of you enjoyed the event, but unfortunately there were some hiccups.

The event was marred with technical issues from the beginning; a number of people, myself included, experienced significant problems before and during the race - I blame the weather, at least for my issue - so there was a concern that the event would need to be "abandoned" part way through. However I'm incredibly thankful that we were able to get through the entire 24 hours.

In spite of this the red flag situation is, of course, an unavoidable topic and I would like to apologise sincerely for this incident. Everything seemed to be running fine until we hit the ~2 hours 30 minutes mark, at which point a significant number of clients suddenly disconnected. This was worrying enough, though there were no indications of any problems on or with the server, and then as people began to reconnect I saw that they were pending an opening session and could not rejoin the race. The fact that so many people had disconnected suggested that there was a significant problem - we are still attempting to determine the cause, and have several theories in mind regarding potential contributory factors - so we made the decision to call a red flag. We immediately worked to ascertain the standings and lap count at the point when the first driver affected by this problem disconnected from the server, and prepare for the race restart as quickly as possible. We also thought it best to confirm what the plan would be if there was a repeat of this issue - thankfully this was not necessary.

Unfortunately the situation was slightly unprecedented, in that it was not a typical red flag situation - the server did not actually crash - and the nature of the problem made restoring the standings trickier than it otherwise would have been. @Frank and I spent the best part of 2 hours trying to painstakingly determine if the lap count and positions were correct following the server crash. We hope that everything was correct in the end - I can assure you that it was a difficult process, and we tried our utmost to ensure that lap counts were correct after the red flag - and I would like to apologise in case there were still any mistakes.

During the mid-season break we shall be reviewing the process of restoring standings after a red flag to ensure that we are properly prepared in case there is a repeat of this situation in future rounds.

I would also like to apologise for problems during the restart; it was rather hectic in Race Control at the time, and I know that one team in particular was unable to continue as a result - for this I am terribly sorry, and I shall be contacting you directly in the next few days.

Finally I would like to offer a general apology to all of those who experienced any problems or terminal disconnects during the race. To drop out of any event early, through no fault of your own, is a shame, but to be forced to retire from a 24 hour race is especially painful; I speak from experience, as my own team's car was out of the race even before the 12 hour mark after the game suddenly and unexpected put us back in the pits, almost as if the driver had pressed ESC. Proportionally there were fewer of these issues during this race compared to Round 1, and there was an equal number compared to Round 2, which is positive but we will definitely do more to try and eliminate these problems. Very little has changed during the course of the past three events regarding the server settings, except for the fact that the dedicated server application has been given access to an increasing amount of the available bandwidth. Now that we have a bit of time to regroup and rethink during the break we will do the best we can to determine the cause of issues and potentially rectify or work around them prior to the next race - this may even involve speaking directly with the developer directly.

Meanwhile there are just under 8 weeks remaining until the next event - Thrustmaster 6 Hours of Road America - so there is plenty of time for testing and training; I shall create the event thread for the next race, and setup the Round 4 server towards the middle or end of next week. During this time work on the custom version of the Road America circuit shall continue, and assuming there is ready to be used then a beta version of the track will be released. If it is not initially ready, or if you are just eager to put in a few laps before the server is available, then we shall be using this version of Road America as the base for the mod that will be customised specifically for use by the RDLMS.

Race day for the fourth event of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro (Season 7) will be Saturday 26th August. Remember to start submitting your new and updated skins for Round 4; all teams, including those that already have a car in the custom car / skin pack, are permitted to submit liveries at any time during the championship so that they may be included in the next release. The submission deadline for Round 4 shall be at 23:59 GMT on Friday 11th August, before the next version of the component - v4.0 - is released on Saturday 12th August. I would like to take this opportunity to ask teams to please confirm which skin they would like to use for the next event - if you used a special design for Le Mans and would like to revert back to a previous livery then please inform me (@Daiman Patel) via a PM or resubmit the skin that you would like to use. (Remember to apply albedo maps and resubmit your skin files if you choose to use a previous livery and have not already made the appropriate updates if required.)

Meanwhile, the qualifying & race results, as well as the overall standings after three events, are now available in the Results and Standings thread. Any incident reports or issues that have been raised after the race, or that are still due to be raised, will be dealt with at the beginning of the next round.

The server replay files for the race can be downloaded from here (before the red flag) and here (after the red flag).

Finally, please remember keep your eye out in the RD Le Mans Series sub-forum, especially the General Information and General Discussion threads, as well as the private Important Information for Drivers thread for any updates and announcements regarding the league.

Thank you all again, and we look forward to seeing you for Round 4.

Hello everybody ,the race of 24 hours of le mans was my first endurance and my first race in this community and there were things during the race that I did not like, as the theme of the "rejoin" had many drivers that for example had some problem, for example, an accident and suddenly left the server and did "rejoin" and then nothing, again new car, that does not seem very good, my team suffered several accidents and we continue forward with the damages suffered and it never occurred to us to do this "rejoin". My opinion to this is that since it is allowed even if I do not think it right, if this "rejoin" is lost the team will suffer some type of penalty, for example a drive-through or a stop & go

Hey Damien any news about the youtube broadcast? It looks now we may of lost it for good :(.
Unfortunately the stream is out of my hands. However it appears as though you are right - the recording seems to have been lost - which is a real shame. I'm sorry Daryl. :( I too was looking forward to rewatching part of the broadcast, but it seems as though this may not be possible now.

Hello everybody ,the race of 24 hours of le mans was my first endurance and my first race in this community and there were things during the race that I did not like, as the theme of the "rejoin" had many drivers that for example had some problem, for example, an accident and suddenly left the server and did "rejoin" and then nothing, again new car, that does not seem very good, my team suffered several accidents and we continue forward with the damages suffered and it never occurred to us to do this "rejoin". My opinion to this is that since it is allowed even if I do not think it right, if this "rejoin" is lost the team will suffer some type of penalty, for example a drive-through or a stop & go
Please refer to the rule defined in this post. Several teams did comply with the rule, and inform us that they had rejoined following a disconnect so that we could assess the circumstances, which was much appreciated. However there was so much going on in Race Control and it was such a long race that we admittedly did not follow the rule to a tee, though I can assure you that we did review instances of cars disconnecting from the server and there was never a situation when a car with terminal damage rejoined the race.

There were cars that disconnected intentionally or unintentionally, which may or may not have had "light" damage (it is difficult for us to determine this without meticulously reviewing the replay, though it is possible to tell if a car has more serious damage), however these teams would have been penalised by the game. For each disconnect cars were losing ~4 laps, which could be deemed as being equivalent to the laps lost while the car is recovered and returned to the pits.

Allowing drivers to rejoin a race is essential, especially for endurance events, else we would potentially face situations where there are only a handful of cars still racing because other drivers may have experienced technical issues either with their network or the game, and through no fault of their own the team would be out of the race. The reason why we had to opt for allowing rejoins without persisting damage is because we found that there were problems when a client disconnect; damage retention was enabled for the initial event at Interlagos, and in several cases drivers who had disconnected reported that their cars were suddenly damaged or any previous damage to their cars had worsened. This issue actually forced at least two teams to retire from Round 1 because their cars had been completely destroyed after a disconnect and rejoin. Therefore we decided to disable the damage retention and introduce the new rule, which would require teams to consult with and seek the permission of race stewards before they were allowed to continue racing following a disconnect. This worked rather well during Round 2 at Silverstone, but was slightly overlooked at Le Mans mainly due to the enormity of the event - it certainly was not intentional.

We shall be sure to once again properly enforce this rule from Round 4 onward to help ensure that nobody gains an advantage by simply disconnecting from and reconnecting to the server during a race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back