RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only really had troubles 3 times during my 5 or so hours in the car. As I mentioned on the broadcast, most of the drivers in the P2's did a good job but there were, in this case, three that were either optimistic or difficult to read from my point of view as a GT driver.

One P2 driver went up the inside just at the turn-in point for Virage du Pont (The very fast and tight Left hander after Porsche Curve), meaning I had to drive in the marbles on the outside, hit the cerb and narrowly avoiding spinning off and hitting the barriers...

Later on I had one of the top 3 P2 drivers go up the inside in the following left-hander, meaning I had to take to the grass and gracing the barriers with my right door to avoid taking him with me off the track, had I turned into the turn as I should have done in accordance to the rules.

This 3rd one did get reported and looked at, so don't take too much into this, I've not watched it back but I think I have a decent idea of what happened.

In the early hours of the morning, Dawn on track, I had a P2 go by me just before the braking zone for 1 Ralentiseur (1st Mulanne Chicane) and broke and turned into the right to find a P2 there who much have come from pretty far back because I had no blue flag to warn me of him being behind me nor, because of the lighting at the time, were I able to spot his lights in the rear view camera at the start of the braking point, resulting in contact and me spinning rearwards into the graveltrap.
As the admins said, it was a racing incident and had I been maybe a bit more alert (with it being around 7:30 in the morning local time) I could have avoided hitting him but at the same time he could have waited a second or so and gotten me on the exit.

There were a few instances where P2's or GT's also poked their fronts inside of me, especially at Virage du Pont which was unnerving, had a spin there because I didn't know if the guy would send it up the inside or not but that was more my fault than his to be fair :)

But all in all, almost all P2's did a good job, it's just those few situations that brings down the fun of racing in the GT class. That said, I'm unable to drive the P2 because I have no idea how to read the traffic, I've done one practice race in a prototype, drove 4 laps of Sebring before I left realizing I would take more than myself off the track pretty soon.

I think being 'provoked' into a mistake has more to do with how you(meaning anybody) handle the situation while being overtaken, than the guy actually doing the overtaking. Ofcourse this does not mean that anyone overtaking should not be careful, but it is an argument supporting what is being preached over and over again. For any slower-class car, drive your line and STICK to it. Predictability! <-------
Let the car behind initiate the overtake and then give the line when it's safe.

When that's all said though, it's good we keep having this discussion. Sometimes someone will mention that they feel we've talked enough about it, but I think they are wrong. I'm new to all of this endurance racing, but from my point of view, let's never stop talking about this.

Cheers

You are completely right, we have to stick predictable to our racing line, but when you see lights in your mirror you look what's there and then you realise that you have a p2 at 0.01 seconds. Is it supposed i have to trust in his/her driving? By experience no, too impatient people, so i have two options depending on how important is for me to finish a race: being smart avoiding all incidents whether are my fault or not, second one is trying to do my line and keep a third eye looking at the p2, just in case 5 second after a GT is too much. Yes it is racing but if you have to wait 5 second behind a GT you wait them while there is not safety spot to make the overtake. The same if you have to wait 10 and so on. So i will never trust in a p2 after me, as well as, they shouldn't do it with GT either, as people gets stressed with someone that close, so it is smart to give a bit of room just in case.

I am trying to figure out myself why it is down. It is still as processing in our video manager so I'm not too sure what is wrong with it. Unless @Davy Vandevenne knows I will look more into detail tonight.

Did you have a chance to look into it? :)

Tbh I am a bit afraid it might be gone for good, a processing time of over 100 hours for a 25 hour stream seams a bit unlikely, unless something is wrong :)

I hope I am wrong though :p

It took 5 days to get the entire stream on YouTube at Interlagos, so I am not suprised it isn't there yet.
Like I say, it has broken during Processing. We are in contact with YouTube about the issue.

when will the standings get updated btw?
Daiman is working around the clock with his real life and this RDLMS stuff. You will be able to see the standings once he gets around to confirming everything. Again, this takes a lot of work and Daiman is doing an amazing job handling it all, so let's just give him some time.

Like I say, it has broken during Processing. We are in contact with YouTube about the issue.

Daiman is working around the clock with his real life and this RDLMS stuff. You will be able to see the standings once he gets around to confirming everything. Again, this takes a lot of work and Daiman is doing an amazing job handling it all, so let's just give him some time.

thanks for replying.. but i was just asking when this usually happens, not demanding anything by anyone :p
if the organizers are too busy to do it yet its fine, i was just wondering

thanks for replying.. but i was just asking when this usually happens, not demanding anything by anyone :p
if the organizers are too busy to do it yet its fine, i was just wondering

There is no standard time it happens on, it all depends on real life :) One thing is sure, Daiman does it as fast as he possibly can. And it doesn't help that we are using his help a tiny bit for the RDGPC either, which has it's final event tomorrow, with that done, it will free up 0.4% more time for the poor man :)

As the stream was do long...is it meant to be broken up into parts e.g. 4 x 6 hr videos?
I'm not sure ive ever seen one 24 hr vid available
We are not able to split the video up because it was only streamed to YT so we cannot "highlight" something that it yet to exist. So, be patient we are working on it. Constantly asking about it isn't going to change anything or speed anything up. It's currently the weekend, so no one has been working on it from YT themselves. We should get it up by the end of next week.

Also, there are 24 hour videos available. Check this one out for example.

We are not able to split the video up because it was only streamed to YT so we cannot "highlight" something that it yet to exist. So, be patient we are working on it. Constantly asking about it isn't going to change anything or speed anything up. It's currently the weekend, so no one has been working on it from YT themselves. We should get it up by the end of next week.

Also, there are 24 hour videos available. Check this one out for example.
Yes no offence joseph but there is a difference between finding information i.e. learning and being impatient.
Thank you for your response. I was happy to have a response from anyone in the community with more knowledge than myself. My only experience is watching the jimmy broadbents youtube channel and his seemed broken up into parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back