RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are experience some weird stuff with out livery. We do know that the alpha layer was a bit wrong, but even with a fixed alpha layer, it still happens.

Are all of your drivers experiencing this problem, or just you? Have you cleared the 'Shaders' directory, and also removed the 'RD Le Mans Series Season 7' folder from '<steam_install_dir>\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings' just in case there is a potential conflict that may be causing this issue?

We are experience some weird stuff with out livery. We do know that the alpha layer was a bit wrong, but even with a fixed alpha layer, it still happens.

Are all of your drivers experiencing this problem, or just you? Have you cleared the 'Shaders' directory, and also removed the 'RD Le Mans Series Season 7' folder from '<steam_install_dir>\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings' just in case there is a potential conflict that may be causing this issue?

Nothing to worry about. Cleaning shader cache won't be necessary.

It's the Cube map updating from day to night and from night to day. It happens when there are sudden time changes or a big time scale.

It's the Cube map updating from day to night and from night to day. It happens when there are sudden time changes or a big time scale.

Nah, it happens on those parts of the track each lap. (well, during night, more than those spots), but the moment it switches from chrome to normal at the start/finish line, that happens every single lap at that point.
The same down Mulsanne, it switches back to chrome/chrome-ish at that point as well.

To answer @Daiman Patel as well, we all experience the same thing - we know that the alpha-layer in the skin file I sent you are wrong, but even with that fixed the same thing happens.

I doubt that this values are usable. And as long as I heard there were problems with the driver swap at VEC. I will run with the default settings and see how it goes. And iam sure it will work.

In my opinion a lot problems are homemade. Like run Anti virus Software while racing, forgot to disable Updates, router restart, 24h disconnection, Plugins installed which can always cause problems, didn't assigned setup, setup with different names ect.

Last edited:
I doubt that this values are usable. And as long as I heard there were problems with the driver swap at VEC. I will run with the default settings and see how it goes. And iam sure it will work.
Don't use default options. 256kbps caused issues at the 12H race and then they looked it up with Marcel and found out that 512kbps up is the minimum and it doesn't make any difference after 20up/20down is set.

It won't cause issues to other drivers, just some cars might be invisible for you or AI takes control of your cars.

So, your loss if you don't want to follow this advice.

Upload won't exceed 1mbps. Download won't exceed 5mbps. If you wish to set it higher feel free to do so. :)

But if you set it at 1mbps/5mbps. rF2 expects 1mbps/5mbps to be available. It won't throttle connection speed on your end if it drops below it.
It will use up to 20/20 when there are 40 cars. But not getting into an argument here, just dropping some advice that worked in a 24H race.

Don't use default options. 256kbps caused issues at the 12H race and then they looked it up with Marcel and found out that 512kbps up is the minimum and it doesn't make any difference after 20up/20down is set.

It won't cause issues to other drivers, just some cars might be invisible for you or AI takes control of your cars.

So, your loss if you don't want to follow this advice.

So minimum 512 Kb for both and maximum 1mb/5mb.

Will people PLEASE look in mirrors when exiting pits!! Im so so sick of people coming out and blocking into T1. Its so stupid! " ah relax its only practice " ya its a long lap and ive so little time for testing. Its beyond stupid.

It's an issue with the car reflection mapper. it's not track related it happens at other tracks too.
Asfar i've noticed the ferari and 2 LMP's have this issue.

@klo-che , These cars relfection mapper have a static state and update sporadic. Causing the issue in Ole Marius's video.

Ole's Car: 20170620200818_1.jpg EnduRacers cars 20170620201815_1.jpg

This model is OK: 20170620201833_1.jpg

These two have the same issue 20170620201858_1.jpg 20170620201007_1.jpg

In my opinion a lot problems are homemade. Like run Anti virus Software while racing, forgot to disable Updates, router restart, 24h disconnection, Plugins installed which can always cause problems, didn't assigned setup, setup with different names ect.

Well opinion is not fact. 256kbps has been proven to cause issues. Their 24h race ran without problems because of the things they learned previously.
Do NOT run 256kbps. Run 512kbps, don't be stubburn. This WILL affect other drivers, if they are invisible for you or if an AI comes on track, it is NOT only your loss, this affects the WHOLE grid. So don't be stubburn, just change the values. Thank you.

Well opinion is not fact. 256kbps has been proven to cause issues. Their 24h race ran without problems because of the things they learned previously.
Do NOT run 256kbps. Run 512kbps, don't be stubburn. This WILL affect other drivers, if they are invisible for you or if an AI comes on track, it is NOT only your loss, this affects the WHOLE grid. So don't be stubburn, just change the values. Thank you.

Understood Sir :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back