RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
20170621130954_1.jpg

What are track limits rules for this corner? There is no clear blend between the lines here and tarmac is the same as the race surface up to the wall on the right.

Sorry, this has been asked before and i can't remember the answer.
If you do a driver swap, does it cost more time than if you add: a) Fuel b) tyres c) fuel and tyres?
I'm not referring to physical driver swaps. But surely it is balanced so larger teams don't get penalised for doing more driver swaps?

If you do a driver swap, does it cost more time than if you add: a) Fuel b) tyres c) fuel and tyres?
I'm not referring to physical driver swaps. But surely it is balanced so larger teams don't get penalised for doing more driver swaps?
Each time you perform a driver swap ~5 seconds will be added to your pit stop time. And the number of drivers there are in your team is irrelevant; the more swaps you perform during the race the more time that you will lose overall in the pits, though this will still be relatively small. It's up to you and your team to decide what your schedule and strategy will be, and when you will perform driver swaps to minimise the time lost in the pits.

There is no penalty if you do tires as only fuel is done separately from other car services.

Not for you only: but for everybody.

Check your connection to: Rotterdam i3D.net with beta.speedtest.net

The default 256kbps will not be enough for a 24h race with driverswaps.

Set your rF2 connection (upload and download) to min 512kbps or higher: max 1mbps upload and 5mbps download
You can do this while entering the server by:
- clicking on the "back" button and click on "network settings"

or via a command in the rF2 chat bar: "/set upload 512" and "/set download 512"

Whatever you fill in: Make sure it is available for rF2. Check your home network: If possible shutdown other divices in your network.

In the chat bar you can check your ping: "/ping" ==> above 200ms could cause problems.

Gijs, I've never had a conection lost, should I change it? I have it on default.

Thanks.

Server crash?!
Seems like it? Can't find the server anymore.
Thanks for the heads up guys. You are right, the R3 server did crash unexpectedly and for a reason that is currently unknown; I shall investigate later today to try and determine the cause, but I believe that it may have been due to an instability or a lack of sufficient resources ultimately caused by all of the running applications on the remote server. If this is the case then it should not be a problem on race day as the server for Round 3 will be the only one that is running to ensure that we have maximum stability.

I can confirm that the R3 server is now available again; I had actually restarted it last night, not too long after seeing your messages, but I then fell asleep while writing this message. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Gijs, I've never had a conection lost, should I change it? I have it on default.

Thanks.

The 256 kbps is sufficient, if nothing goes wrong. But there is little head room to retry missing information. If you increase your network settings, doesn't mean rF2 will make full use of it all the time. But it has the potential to retry missing information. Critical points are driverswaps and rejoins.

The longer the race the more info needs to be send. A min of 512kbps and higher has proven to be sufficient in a 24h race. 256kbps has failed on occasion.

The higher you set your network settings (within your ISP limits) the more potential you'll have to retry missing information. :thumbsup:

Not for you only: but for everybody.

Check your connection to: Rotterdam i3D.net with beta.speedtest.net

The default 256kbps will not be enough for a 24h race with driverswaps.

Set your rF2 connection (upload and download) to min 512kbps or higher: max 1mbps upload and 5mbps download
You can do this while entering the server by:
- clicking on the "back" button and click on "network settings"

or via a command in the rF2 chat bar: "/set upload 512" and "/set download 512"

Whatever you fill in: Make sure it is available for rF2. Check your home network: If possible shutdown other divices in your network.

In the chat bar you can check your ping: "/ping" ==> above 200ms could cause problems.

Thanks ;)

Please ask general questions in the rFactor 2 section, since a lot of the questions going by are purely rFactor 2 based. Good thing from this is that you will have more people able to answer, as they don't read the league thread.

Ok sorry :unsure::whistling:

No GTX 660

Problem is done :sneaky: with a file verification of the game in steam and an update of my graphic card drivers
I'm glad to hear that your problem is sorted. :thumbsup: Assuming you were running the game with DX9 and had an Nvidia GTX 9xx series card I was going to suggest setting 'WorkaroundFlags=1' in the Config.ini file, but this will make no difference given that you have a GTX 660 and / or if you are using DX11.

I'm glad to hear that your problem is sorted. :thumbsup: Assuming you were running the game with DX9 and had an Nvidia GTX 9xx series card I was going to suggest setting 'WorkaroundFlags=1' in the Config.ini file, but this will make no difference given that you have a GTX 660 and / or if you are using DX11.

I'm with a 970 card and on dx9. Do I have to set this setting to 1 as well?

I'm with a 970 card and on dx9. Do I have to set this setting to 1 as well?
I have the 970GTX too and didn't changed anything. Haven't had any problems so far.
This flag only needs to be set to a value of "1" if you have previously experienced issues with the Nvidia driver crashing and restarting when using certain tracks, one of which is the Virtua_LM version of Le Mans. Only certain cards are affected by the problem - specifically the GTX 9xx series (but I'm not sure if all of these were affected), and maybe also a few others - and this flag will activate a fix for the issue when running rFactor 2 with DX9; if you are using DX11 then you should not be affected by the problem regardless of your graphics card. If you have not experienced this problem in the past then please bear in mind that it has been known to occur sporadically - that is it will not happen every time - and given that your cards might be one of those that exhibits the issue after a prolonged period of time then I would recommend setting this flag as it will do no harm as far as I am aware. Upon changing the value to "1", if you choose to do this, then you must also delete the 'Shaders' directory. This information was first made available here (specifically refer to the 'Graphics' section) by Studio 397.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back