RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! I would like to ask you 2 things:

1. I'm having issues of screen tearing and shuttering in corners. I tried using gpu sync, fast sync in nvidia control pannel, software sync, limited the game at 60fps in the player.ini file and all of these things combined in different ways.. but no result! It's really not smooth driving atm, in le mans driving the Indianapolis corner it's a torture, it's like i have 4 fps but i keep have 60fps constant from the fps counter!
I'm running dx9 build (i was on dx11 and had the same problem)

2. I noticed that once I hit a wall, i loose speed on the straight, even if the hud shows no damage. And if i pit and "repair body" or" repair all" nothing changes!! I'm still slower on the straight and I loose a great deal of time. does it happen even to you? Or is it just me? Is a problem i can fix, some crash file in some folder maybe?

Thanks!

1. I'm having issues of screen tearing and shuttering in corners. I tried using gpu sync, fast sync in nvidia control pannel, software sync, limited the game at 60fps in the player.ini file and all of these things combined in different ways.. but no result! It's really not smooth driving atm, in le mans driving the Indianapolis corner it's a torture, it's like i have 4 fps but i keep have 60fps constant from the fps counter!

2. I noticed that once I hit a wall, i loose speed on the straight, even if the hud shows no damage. And if i pit and "repair body" or" repair all" nothing changes!! I'm still slower on the straight and I loose a great deal of time. does it happen even to you? Or is it just me? Is a problem i can fix, some crash file in some folder maybe?

Thanks!

Which screen resolution are u using? Windowed, Borderless, Fullscreen?
To your second question. It's known since the early rf1 days. Yellow damage (hitting the wall slightly, damage somewhere) will always result in less topspeed, even its just a bit. You can't repair it though. The only possiblity to solve the issue is a driver swap. But even if the other just have small damage he will immediately get your damage back. For example if you hit the wall, get 20 kmh less topspeed and swap the driver. For now everything is OK after the swap until he get damaged to. Then he will get your damage back. Only possiblity to avoid that is racing without any incident the whole Event. If I learned something in my endurance experience then it is to drive clean because the others will have incidents. You can be 3 seconds faster than everyone else, if you destroy the car or involved into an incident it is hard to recover again.

Thanks!
That's just something that happens in rF2, irrepairable body damage that causes extra drag and slows your top speed. It will be fixed when you do a driver swap (or at least it fixes when you driver swap in the URD mod)

Hi guys I have a big problem in the server.
I'm training while 10 minutes and the server tells me "Connection to the server lost", I have a black screen and the game brings me back on my windows screen. It's embarassing for the saturday race.
Please HELP ME ! :(:(

I'm training while 10 minutes and the server tells me "Connection to the server lost", I have a black screen and the game brings me back on my windows screen. It's embarassing for the saturday race.
Check game integrity via steam. Or maybe your connection is dropping out.

Which screen resolution are u using? Windowed, Borderless, Fullscreen?
To your second question. It's known since the early rf1 days. Yellow damage (hitting the wall slightly, damage somewhere) will always result in less topspeed, even its just a bit. You can't repair it though. The only possiblity to solve the issue is a driver swap. But even if the other just have small damage he will immediately get your damage back. For example if you hit the wall, get 20 kmh less topspeed and swap the driver. For now everything is OK after the swap until he get damaged to. Then he will get your damage back. Only possiblity to avoid that is racing without any incident the whole Event. If I learned something in my endurance experience then it is to drive clean because the others will have incidents. You can be 3 seconds faster than everyone else, if you destroy the car or involved into an incident it is hard to recover again.

1440p resolution! fullscreen mode. do I have to change the screen mode?

So with a driver swap the damage goes away until the other driver hits something. then he will have his damage AND my previous damage back on the car? that doesn't really make sense to me :O_o:

thanks for the answers! :thumbsup:

1440p resolution! fullscreen mode. do I have to change the screen mode?

So with a driver swap the damage goes away until the other driver hits something. then he will have his damage AND my previous damage back on the car? that doesn't really make sense to me :O_o:

thanks for the answers! :thumbsup:

Fullscreen Mode doesn't work well. Try Borderless or Windowed.

Correct. But it is like that. Since years even in rf1. If you have damage, don't repair it. Yellow damage will not be repaired. Unless you lost a part of your car. Then repair. Else will just cost you pitstop time.

First, check if your connection. If it is ok all the times you can just hope it doesn't happen during the race.

Liveracers has caused this in VEC with longer circuits (like spa and le mans), while it is also present in a smaller scale for shorter circuits as well, it basically slows down the server for whatever reason which leaves you out of "real time".
Then the game drops you out as it is basically a no response from the client as they are in separate timeframes.

Thanks!
1. Do a clean install. That is the best way to get clear of all issues. And don't run any overlay plugins. Also don't copy paste your controller and player files, do them from scratch so you won't have any issues.

2. As someone mentioned as soon as you repair something or do a change in the bodywork, rF2 assigns a drag penalty to the driver. You can fix it by doing a driver swap.

Not for you only: but for everybody.

Check your connection to: Rotterdam i3D.net with beta.speedtest.net

The default 256kbps will not be enough for a 24h race with driverswaps.

Set your rF2 connection (upload and download) to min 512kbps or higher: max 1mbps upload and 5mbps download
You can do this while entering the server by:
- clicking on the "back" button and click on "network settings"

or via a command in the rF2 chat bar: "/set upload 512" and "/set download 512"

Whatever you fill in: Make sure it is available for rF2. Check your home network: If possible shutdown other divices in your network.

In the chat bar you can check your ping: "/ping" ==> above 200ms could cause problems.

Last edited:

Set your rF2 connection (upload and download) to min 512kbps or higher: max 1mbps upload and 5mbps download

In the chat bar you can check your ping: "/ping" ==> above 200ms could cause problems.

Whatever you fill in: Make sure it is available for rF2. Check your home network: If possible shutdown other divices in your network.

Please ask general questions in the rFactor 2 section, since a lot of the questions going by are purely rFactor 2 based. Good thing from this is that you will have more people able to answer, as they don't read the league thread.

As read in the Roadmap VEC was using the new UI as previously version. May it be a try to get a version too? 4 eyes do see more than 2. Marcel is the last one who wouldn't give you access to it.
I guess you are talking about the broadcasting overlay? If so, we are updating ours as well, maybe not for RDLMS, but it will come soon.

VEC one is also custom made, nothing to do with Marcel / Studio 397 as far as I know.

What's up with the max values? That does not make ANY sense to me.

Max is 20/20, VEC has done extensive testing to see what worked. Their 24H race ran without issues. Also, ping is fine if it is stable, Of course it has to be reasonable depending on location, it will be 300+ for aussies i.e.

Connection.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back