RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Roy Magnes , @Ole Marius Myrvold

I've noticed one of you used an Alt_skin during practice this evening. It won't work well with driverswaps. ;)
It's best to delete (remove if you wish to keep it) the "Player/Settings/RD Le Mans Series Season 7 folder".
Or make sure skin "118" is assigned and no 1182_alt.dds or alt_118-2.dds.

We will not do :) It is just easier to practice with a livery that keeps somewhat the same color all the way, and doesn't play disco with us :)

Sorry, dumb question, how does one set their connection to 512kbs? I only have 510 and 520 available in the connection menu.

Edit: Disregard. Figured it out.
So just to 100% clarify this... It's safest to set both the downstream and upstream to 512kb/s?

Last edited:
Sorry, dumb question, how does one set their connection to 512kbs? I only have 510 and 520 available in the connection menu.

Edit: Disregard. Figured it out.
So just to 100% clarify this... It's safest to set both the downstream and upstream to 512kb/s?
Just set it as your minimum. If you have good internet as in say 30 down/10 up then you could set it to 20 down and 10 up. Apparently once it gets to 20 there's no point setting it higher. Basically just set it to what your internet is capable of

Haha good one! :p
I've got 16 down and 0.9 up.

So should I just try 5m down and 512k up?

Download speed:
With 40 drivers or more your max download wil be 5mbps on the RD server (whatever @Matheus Machado claims) that's the Max. If you set it lower for example 520kbps or even 256kbps. rF2 will throttle download connection speed and you'll recieve most accurate data from the cars near to you. Cars on the other side of the track might warp, but that is something you'll notice only in replay's. It has been like this since the early ISI motor's when dail up connections were common. rFactor 1, Race-07, GTL,...
With a driver swap, you enter the server as spectator and you'll start to download real road, wheater and other client info. With the old 256kbps this might take too long after 12 hours or more of racing, and when the time comes to preform the swap, you'll download the cars setup and the cars state from your team mate. With 256kbps you might recieve missing info. At a min 512kbps and being a few min before the swap on the server everything should be OK.

Upload: Is the most important one.
- When you are on the server as driver: You'll send your cars postion etc at a constant data rate of max 326kbps to the server. When you preform the swap : You'll upload your setup and cars state to server. This is a adition "spike" of a few kbps. So you'll probably never upload more as 512kbps to the server. Upload is the most important one: at 1mbps you already send unthrottled data at full speed.
- When you enter as spectator: you'll upload nothing, you'll only download the real road and weather, and other drivers postitions. At the moment you have controle of the car, upload kicks in. If it takes to long or to slow for the neccesary upload to get started (ping), you might end up in the garage with an AI in controle of your car. With a min 512kbps, you'll have a bit more headroom, for rF2 to retry missing info.

In your case with 900kbps upload, set it at 512-520 kpbs is a wise decision. But make sure nothing else in your home network eats away that upload specially at the moment of the driver swap.

Most important thing is to let rF2 know what the you can deliver and download to and from the server. An keep a safe margin. What your ISP theoretical speed is doesn't really matter. The table @Matheus Machado showed is useless for people in australia and the USA. They'll never reach their theoretical max speed to europe.

For those who have missed it: Here you can check your connection speed to the server: http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...-hours-of-le-mans.136003/page-12#post-2505799

I had all those random "connection lost". "rfactor 2.exe have stopped working" "mwhaha - black screen - you are doomed". Issues with rF2 before as well (980 sli). After jumping on DX11, there are no issues for me! (knock on wood)

Team name: Elements Racing
Team owner*: (real name) Ismael Nadire
Team owner forum name*: (@forum name) @Ismael.1
Preferred class*: (P / GT) Prototype
Driver 1*: (real name, @forum name) Ismael Nadire, @Ismael.1
Driver 2*: Juuso Kilpinen, @Lim0n
Driver 3: Jesper Sigmans, @BaardbeiKing
Driver 4:
Driver 5:
Driver 6:
I shall ensure all drivers are Premium Members for each round of the series*: YES
I agree to the TOLA*: YES

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back